PDA

View Full Version : NYC Hotel recommendations

luvdiznee
01-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Looking to treat my sister to a birthday celebration in NYC. It will be her 45th. :secret:But we both love seeing NY especially Times Sq area, so this is where I would be hoping to find a clean, safe and reasonably priced hote in that area (in that order).

We will probably be there about 4-5 days, hoping to cut some of the cost by staying during the weekdays. Suggestions...

SBETigg
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
There are two Sheratons across the street from each other around 7th and 42nd. For NYC, the price, room size, and location is not bad (though slightly shabbier than you might expect from Sheraton in other cities). I've stayed at both, I think it's Sheraton Times Square and Sheraton Manhattan. I liked the Manhattan better. You can get them for about $240 a night, depending on time of year, and that's very reasonable for the location. Great location. Slightly out of the Times Square craziness, but still in Times Square with the lights and action.

Also, I like the Westin Times Square, the Intercontinental on 44th, and the Hilton on 6th and 52nd, up near Rockefeller Center. You might get a good price at any of these on travel sites or at the hotel sites directly. I've had very satisfying stays at all of them.

Awesome_guy
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
For our one and only trip to NYC, we stayed at the Marriott East Side (Lexington/49th Street); At the time (the Spring before last) we were able to find a room there for a price we were satisfied with... although NYC does have more expensive accommodations than most.

Not only did we feel that the place was clean and safe, we felt like we had great access to everywhere in Manhattan we wanted to explore. The building also had a really nice 'character' and feel to it (with a top floor gym, no less).

I know there are also a Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square South and a New York Marriott Marquis that might be even closer to where you want to be.

Enjoy your stay!

LittleSpirit02
01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
The Sheraton's in Times Square are quite nice as is the DoubleTree. Last time we stayed in the DoubleTree we got a great view of Times Square from our room, too. :) Happy searching!

lynnek
01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
We like to stay at the Millenium, Times Square. Clean, nice rooms. Also, there is a nice market right across the street for anything from breakfast sandwiches to desserts to take back to your room to enjoy the view with. I have a fabulous picture of the back of my little one, looking out at the lights, thru the huge windows.

luvdiznee
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the choices. It's good to hear from when people have actually stayed there. I may feel my sister out to see what sounds good to her, since there are a lot of good choices from here. :marg:

CynBeth
04-17-2011, 08:52 AM
A few years ago we brought our dog with us so we were limited where we could stay because of her size so we found the Hilton Times Square which was if I can remember fairly reasonably priced and around the corner from Times Square. There were a lot of restaurants on the steer as well as Madame Tussaud's and the theater for Mary Poppins. We went for a weekend a few years ago and liked that hotel.

luvdiznee
04-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that. I do see Hiltons have been reasonably priced. As reasonable as you can get for NYC.:marg:Just found the Hilton Fashion District for $220/night or can go with free cancel for $259/night. Anyone ever stayed here. Hows this price.