PDA

View Full Version : Waffle Makers

alphamommy
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
DH would like a waffle maker, and I'd like to get one for him. We'd like one with removable plates, maybe even dishwasher safe. We don't care so much if it will also work as a sandwich grill, but that would be okay. We don't need anything large or industrial strength, just a reasonably simple waffle maker.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

AvaNellMouse
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
DBF wanted one late last year and I looked at every waffle maker in two counties! What I found was that you can pay a whole lot for something you will use 3 or 4 times a month; also the more they cost, it seemed the larger footprint and storage nightmare.

I ended up with the Target generic model for $10. :thumbsup: We have used it at least once a week since early December and it ROCKS. It is the size of a small metal lunchbox and can stand on it's end so it doesn't take up the whole cabinet.

If money is no issue for you, I vote for the big one at William's Sonoma. It was pretty but not really in my buget. :blush:

Jillirose
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
My hubby bought a hotel quality 'Waring (http://www.amazon.com/Waring-WMK300-Belgian-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B00009K3SY/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1294525868&sr=8-40)' waffle maker at Amazon for about $75. It's just like at the hotel. You flip it over to start and it beeps when done. The kids love it!

ElenitaB
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I can't remove the plates from mine, but upkeep is fairly easy (spray with Pam before cooking, wipe down with a wet paper towel or cloth while still a bit warm, before putting it away). It's the standard (i.e., not Belgium) Cuisinart waffle iron. It's replaced my Mickey waffle iron (which now only gets used before a trip) and gets used at least a few times a month. It was a bit pricey but has proved to be worth the investment.

AZ Disney
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
We purchased our waffle maker at costco for about $40. I use it nearly 7 days a week for my boys. It is a professional grade and very easy to clean but no removable plates. I think the brand is Waring, but not 100%. I highly reccomend it.

AZ Disney
01-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Just looked at the waring link of a previous poster....that is the same one we have and love it! Costco has it for nearly $35 less too.