PDA

View Full Version : iTouch Dining Menus

LauraSAnne
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm getting my first iTouch today and am leaving for Disney in 2.5 weeks. (Double Yays!)

I realize that I won't be able to get Wifi while in the Parks so I was wondering if there are any Apps that will allow me to have a listing of the menus that I can reference in the parks WITHOUT having to be connected to the 'net while I'm there. I usually print menu pages for each park and staple them together and carry them with me (so lame, I know!) so if there was a way to make that easier by using an App, I want to jump right on it.

Any help would be sooo appreciated! :thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes. The app is updated over wifi, but you can use it without it. Surprisingly enough, it's called WDW Dining!

:sulley:

LauraSAnne
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes. The app is updated over wifi, but you can use it without it. Surprisingly enough, it's called WDW Dining!

Awesome! Are there any others that I will be able to use the same way (update when I'm using Wifi but still able to use when not using Wifi)?

big blue and hairy
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
There is also one for park hours. It updates when you go to it. Mine just updated.

kakn7294
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
There are a ton of Disney-related apps out there. I personally use: Mouse Memo, WDW Dining, Disney World one by Undercover Tourist, Walt Disney World Park Hours, WDW Resort Researcher, OLP WDW Transportation Wizard, and Hidden Mickeys (yellow with black letters by Campbell/Gambill Designs). I can use most or all of the features on all of these without wifi. Just be sure that they have all updated before you leave home.

PittFan
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is an app that will show you the wait times for rides ?

big blue and hairy
01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if there is an app that will show you the wait times for rides ?

There is something like that, but it's only for Verizon, I beleive...

PittFan
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
There is something like that, but it's only for Verizon, I beleive...

Thank you. Looks like I'm in luck then :mickey:

kcrc
01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
There is an app for wait times for non-Verizon related phones too. It's something like WDW Waits. It was 99 cents on itunes. It's based upon people submitting wait times as they are actually at the attraction. It seemed to be pretty close though!

kakn7294
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
There are several wait time apps. They will only work on an iPhone because of the need for wifi access on the iPod touch but they do exist.

The Verizon one is different - it's not an iPhone / iPod app but it is the most accurate since it's the official Disney app. Wait times on that exactly match what's posted in front of the rides.

tarkin
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Touringplans.com has an app called "Lines" for the iPhone/iPod.