PDA

View Full Version : Do DVC members get discount on Dining plan

Gayle
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
We are new members, and booked in May. We would like to add dining plan. Do we get a discount, was told we do not qualify for free dining which is going on while we are there. Also what is the discount on park passes. Thank you for any info:mickey:

MarkC
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately the answer is no. Now, I qualify that statement because last summer we paid the normal $41 dollar off-season rate when the summer rate was about $46 per day. That has been a complaint from DVC members that there is no dining discount for having already spent $$$ dollars, when someone else staying once gets their meals free. But that's another story.

There is no discount on Magic Your Way tickets, park hoppers, etc. There are excellent discounts on annual passes-- $100 for a regualar annual pass and $125 on a premium pass. If you can squeeze in a 2nd trip during that 365 day period you can justify buying an annual pass pretty quickly. A 5 day park hopper is $306 and a DVC discounted annual pass is $425, only a $119 difference. I would say its worth the difference just knowing you might return, especially if you follow the Badgers to a New Years Day bowl game. We know Nebraska will be in the Rose Bowl next year instead of you (ok I had to throw that in there-- I travel to Wisconsin on business and love it. I'm also a big Packers fan). Anyway, that's worth considering and we will probably do it this fall during our trip. Good luck.

lovin'fl
01-23-2011, 07:16 AM
They should offer some DDP deals. But, if you get the AP, you can get a TIW card and that is a better deal than the DDP. TIW costs $75 for AP holders and gives you 20% off dining.

DizneyRox
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
DVC prices of the dining plans:

QS - $34.99/$11.99
BDP - $45.99/$11.99
DDP - $78.99/$21.99

Personally, I think someone is smoking something thinking that the QS plan is worth $35 a day! Well, all of these are out of whack with reality, but obviously, I'm in the minority...

lovin'fl
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
DVC prices of the dining plans:

QS - $34.99/$11.99
BDP - $45.99/$11.99
DDP - $78.99/$21.99

Personally, I think someone is smoking something thinking that the QS plan is worth $35 a day! Well, all of these are out of whack with reality, but obviously, I'm in the minority...

I agree!

antnyh
01-24-2011, 07:36 AM
We've crunched numbers again this weekend. With two kids the DDP is almost a no brainer. Now my kids love to eat and they don't split meals due to that. If they did split meals then I could see a benefit to not having a DP. I would also like to say that getting the TIW card is not a no brainer. Call us what you want to, but I don't want an 18% tip added to my bill. I'd rather have the ability to tip what I felt was fair based on service. That could be more than 18% but rarely that high. To the OP, please crunch the numbers based on your current situation. I really think it is different for almost everyone.

lovin'fl
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
We've crunched numbers again this weekend. With two kids the DDP is almost a no brainer. Now my kids love to eat and they don't split meals due to that. If they did split meals then I could see a benefit to not having a DP. I would also like to say that getting the TIW card is not a no brainer. Call us what you want to, but I don't want an 18% tip added to my bill. I'd rather have the ability to tip what I felt was fair based on service. That could be more than 18% but rarely that high. To the OP, please crunch the numbers based on your current situation. I really think it is different for almost everyone.

Yes, if you have kids under 10...than the DDP is more worth it. I have 2 DDs that are just turning 12 and they still prefer kid meal type dinners (chicken fingers, burgers, mac and cheese) and would not spend the $46/day that we'd be forking over for the DDP. I figure your TS needs to be $30 and CS $12 and snack $4. My DDs would not spend $30 at each TS and my DH would pick things he didn't really want (he usually does grilled chicken) so as to get the biggest bang for his buck. I wish they'd increase the age for the adult DDP or let you choose. I mean, really, if my 12 year old gets the kid DDP, she'll only be eating kid meals and not costing Disney(not paying kid price and ordering adult meal). I think they are banking on a portion of 10-14 year olds wanting the chicken tenders or burger instead of the fillet or fish and WDW makes $$ off those kids.

sydneymouse
01-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Can you use TIW at every restaurant including counter services?

faline
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Most table service restaurants accept the Tables in Wonderland card. Some non-Disney table service restaurants do not accept it. Most lounges accept it.

Most counter service locations do not accept Tables in Wonderland though some do.

Melanie
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM

The full list is here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp).

Animal Kingdom is the only park where TiW is accepted at counter service.