PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg VA

minnie04
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Has anyone gone to Williamsburg, VA ?? please tell me where to stay and what is the best thing to do there?

yjgirl32
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
We camp so I won't be much help with that- but there is the history- Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country, The living Things Museum( about 30 minutes away towards Virginia Beach) Virginia Beach is about 45-an hour away- VA Zoo- not real big- but still nice. We had rode on a boat near Jamestown- I think to see Eagles. If you have more specific questions you can pm me. Enjoy.

Bethanymouse
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I went many many many years ago with my family. We stayed in a really nice hotel- cant remember the name of it now- sorry. I am sure you can search the area and find some nice ones. We really enjoyed historic Williamsburg. Eating in the taverns, a witch trial show, and just walking around the "town". We also experienced Busch Gardens and the Water park. Lots of fun and a great place to visit!

NJGIRL
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
We really like Colonial Williamsburg. There are really alot of cool things to do there. The reinactments are great. Water Country USA was enjoyed as much as the Disney water parks. Busch Gardens is a very beautiful theme park. Great coasters, but a little on the weak side if you don't enjoy doing them. There is still plenty to do for a day but not more than that if not doing the coasters. Alot of shopping in the area too.

minnie04
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Great! Thanks everyone, I hope to plan something soon. We just did Disney in Dec. and Hubby is not going to want to make the trip again.. :( (he likes it, but its too close to the last trip for him) :mickey:

RocknBev
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
If you want elegant stay at the Williamsburg Inn...it is simply beautiful. The rooms are lovely! If you would like a more rustic look sort of reminds me of WL at Disney with a more Colonial feel stay at Williamsburg Lodge. The best time to go is around Christmas in my opinion. Everything is decorated and they have special event but of course the water parks are not open so you could have a diffent vacation during the summer with Bush Gardens and the water parks as well. We love Williamsburg and go a lot. WE love eating in the taverns as well! Have a great time!

faline
01-11-2011, 05:09 PM
It's been quite a long time since we've been. I do recall lodgings in the area surrounding Colonial Willliamsburgh to be quite pricey. In addition, to all the things already mentioned, I remembered being able to visit a number of Revolutionary war sites. In fact, I think we fried our automobile's air conditioner as it was extremely hot and we kept turning the car on and off at each stop along the self-guided auto tour!

LittleSpirit02
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I actually worked and lived in Williamsburg for a summer and it's a great place. For lodging, there's plenty on Richmond Road which is a good central location for food, gift shops, outlets and such. It's also very close to Colonial Williamsburg which is a must (it's right by the William and Mary campus, as well). Also, be sure to check out Busch Gardens - lots of great shows there as well as great rides. Water Country USA, Jamestown and a few beaches are also worth a visit. Post away with questions. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2011, 10:29 PM
We went to Williamsburg a couple of years ago and loved it.

We stayed at the Williamsburg Woodlands (right next to the Visitor's Center) and loved it. The rooms were good size, really clean and DD loved the pool. By staying at an "official" hotel, we got deals on the passes to Williamsburg, Yorkton and Jamestown (and half off the ticked night programs).

We had great plans to do other things, but we spent our 5 days at Williamsburg (2 days), Yorktown (1 day), Jamestown (1 day) and one morning at William & Mary and shopping around.

There is so much to do in the area, and you can mail away for a super vistor's guide.

Enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
We are thinking about planning a trip there this summer. I haven't been since I was 13. My son will be almost 9, and loves to ask questions, so he'll get a kick out of being able to speak to the reenactors.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
He'll love it! DD was 9 when we went and she had a ball. There were some special "young apprentice" programs, where the kids got to get right into the action. Not sure if they still offer them, and they have to be booked in advance, but if so, they are well worth doing!

thrillme
03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
We were there for only a couple of days. Really really enjoyed Busch Gardens. It was also a beautiful drive through downtown. I wish we could have had more time to hit Jamestown. It was a very pretty area.

We only stayed in a "motel 6" because we were only supposed to be there one day but we were enjoying it so much we put in an extra day and played Pirate Golf the next day.