PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Moms & Moms-to-be Club

IloveJack
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Could someone make this sticky for us?

I loved, loved, loved this board while pregnant with my first, and have made some real life friends while on it. So I'd love to be the one to start up the 2011 thread!

I'll be 16 weeks on Sunday with our lil' Junebug. I stayed nauseated for the first trimester, to the point that I lost 15 pounds! But I finally seem to have gotten my appetite back. At my appt yesterday, I had gained a half pound. However, I still get nauseated at one meal a day... but at least it's not all three. :) I've had one ultrasound so far, so we know there's just one, but I won't find out until February if it's a boy or girl. Actually, I'm in no hurry, and we have a name picked for either. But I did go ahead and schedule the appt for Valentine's Day. We heard Sammie's heartbeat for the first time on V-day, so I thought it would be appropriate to get to really see this one for the first time (first u/s was at 7 weeks, just a blob, really) on V-day.

Speaking of Sammie, she's 2. She had a fever over 103 the week of Christmas, and then developed a UTI the day after New Year's. So I wasn't surprised when I took her to the doctor's that she had lost a pound. But at 23 pounds and 27 months, she doesn't have a pound to lose! She's potty training, and has only had a couple of accidents in over a week now. I'm amazed at how willing she is to please us by going (and oh so thankful). I'm very glad that it's going well, because I really don't want two in diapers. She's talking all the time now, and tells me she loves me 20-or so times a day. She's such a calm, loving kid. What will I do if the next one's not? :D

roses
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
May I join this as well? :blush: First - congrats on your pregnancy! Glad to hear your appetite is back :) I was lucky and didn't have morning sickness at all - but on the other hand I never got the burst of energy that they kept telling me about - I could have slept more hours in the day then not! My daughter, Natalie, is going to be 17 months on the 19th - I have no idea what life was like without her!! She's just so amazing! She's definately in the phase of pushing everything to the limits to see how far she can go. Oh and the climbing :) haha its cute though. I hope Sammie feels better soon - way to go on the potty training!

Georgesgirl1
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Susan- I can't believe you are already at 16 weeks. It seems like only a few weeks ago I found out you were pregnant. Sammie is such a little peanut!

Roses- Welcome! Isn't it amazing how hard it is to imagine your life before kids?

I am 39 weeks today. Not much progress (only 1cm) so I am hoping that things start happening soon! Since I am trying for a VBAC, I can't be induced, so Jacob has to decide to come on his own or I will have to have another c-section. I can't believe that in a few days or weeks, I will have two little boys :cloud9:!
We celebrated Myers' 2nd birthday a little less than 2 weeks ago. He is talking so much now! He went from being on the borderline of possibly needing to be tested to talking up a storm! When we went to his check up he was just under 27 lbs and just under 32 inches tall. So still 5th% height and 25th% weight.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-16-2011, 03:42 AM
I'll be 16 weeks on Sunday with our lil' Junebug.

You and I are the same then, how cool! I start 16 weeks on 1/16/2011. Congrats!

We go in on Monday to hear the baby's heartbeat and then the next appointment will be to determine gender! I'm so excited :number1:

Lacy
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
I've not been on Intercot in forever...I guess that is what having a 2 year old does for you. But I wanted to say congrats to all the new mommies and those of my friends from the '08 Moms to be club who are expecting #2.
Kristin~I continue to send good thoughts your way and can't wait to see pictures of little Jacob and hear how Myers enjoys being a big brother.

Susan~Congrats on #2. It is so fun to see your Sammie updates as they are almost identical to Elias. He is only 24 pounds so I totally know what you mean about worrying when they get sick. Elias is a very picky eater and even worse when he is sick. He had RSV again this year but luckily rebounded quickly and didn't lose much weight. Glad to hear that potty training Sammie is going well. You'll have to give me pointers. Elias just does not seem interested so I'm trying not to push it too much because I think that will just make me irritated.

Just one quick tidbit to share. There is no doubt that Elias likes Disney and he knows how to get me distracted when he is trying to go to sleep. He'll convince me to rock him to sleep and if I'm not responding to his stories he'll start talking about Disneyland because he has already learned that I can't resist talking when he tells me he wants to go on It's a Small World and Tiki Room. There are days I wish that he would go to sleep better but I know I will look back fondly on our Disney chats and as my mom reminds me he won't want rocking forever.

Kennywife
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Kenny and I are going to the RE Feb. 2 for our follow-up. We are going to find out the results of our blood tests and go from there. She has recomended I have an HSG.

Anyone have this done? What was your experience?

Anna

IloveJack
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
We had an ultrasound yesterday, and we're having another girl! It seems like everyone was telling us it was going to be a boy, but both of us wanted a girl. So we're quite excited! I can just pass Sammie's clothes along, and we won't have to worry about a second bedroom. In fact, I'm thinking about making our library/office room a library/playroom now. I have lots of Eeyore and Stitch stuff from before I got married, and I'm thinking about doing something in there with that. However, Sammie is much more of a Pooh fan than Eeyore, so maybe not. But we'll definitely do Disney, even if it's a smodgepodge. Now, just to get spring break here so I can have time to go through all the stuff in that room... :blush:

As for you guys...
Roses-Thank you! Life with one is amazing. And we're greatly looking forward to two!

PCMD-Have you had a chance to find out what you're having yet? That's awesome that we're due at the same time. Expecting at the same time is how Lacy, Kristin, and I started talking to each other. They already knew each other, but it's how I got into the loop. It's really something to go through this experience together!

Anna-I don't know what an HSG is. Never heard of it. Could you enlighten us?

Lacy-Truthfully, I don't know how much advice I have for you on PTing. Sammie has been so incredibly easy (Thank you, Lord!) that I'm not so sure I did it. :D I just went the old-fashioned way, bought training pants (the "thick" underwear), and put her in those and a t-shirt. I had a very frustrating first day, when she peed through her panties no less than 11 times (good thing my mother had bought lots of them). But I just kept at it. The second day, she had 3 accidents, where she'd start going, then take off for the potty. Since then, she might have had 4-5 accidents (and that was Christmas week). In fact, it only took her a couple of times of going #2 in her panties before she stopped that, too. We still do a pull-up at night, but it's for our benefit. We co-sleep, and I don't want a wet bed. 6 out of 7 mornings, she wakes up dry. I've heard that boys are harder, and that waiting til summer is helpful (peeing on trees :secret: and not having cold air touch sensitive areas is supposed to be a good thing :blush:). I just hope this next one is as easy as Sammie has been. I've been greatly blessed!

By the way, Kristin had her little boy about a week ago, but I won't steal her thunder with details. If you're the praying type, her husband lost his father just days after, so they're having a rough time right now. I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers.

meldan98
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Susan - Congratulations!!! Having two girls is so much fun. They share clothes and love to play together. I'm so happy for you and your family.

I saw Kristin's post on Facebook. I'm keeping them in my prayers.

Maddie and Abby are keeping us busy. Abby is doing really well in school and is way ahead of the curve in reading and I'm trying to find things that are her level but also appropriate for her age. It is challenging, but thankfully I have a couple of friends that are teachers that are helping me find books.

We haven't really tried potty training with Maddie yet. I think we are going to wait a couple months for it to get a little warmer so we can be outside. I've got way to much carpet to clean when accidents happen.

I also wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. My dh and his family went through the motions of the holiday's for the kids and once the funeral was over, we were all able to just move forward. We still haven't had a chance to celebrate our 10th anniversary yet, but I'm hoping that sometime in the next couple of months, we will be able to get away for a few days.

Disney4us2
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Kenny and I are going to the RE Feb. 2 for our follow-up. We are going to find out the results of our blood tests and go from there. She has recomended I have an HSG.

Anyone have this done? What was your experience?

Anna

I had one done when I was going through the infertility treatments.

The HSG or Hysterosalpingogram, is where they inject a clear dye into the uterus and tubes. It is to check and make sure the tubes are clear and no blockage.

The whole thing was more embarassing than painful for me. Take about 800mg of motrin 1 hour before the exam is done. It can feel crampy. Some of our patients complained of cramping/pain with the exam. Sometimes if there is a blockage it can be more painful. Also bring a sanitary pad for after the exam to keep that fresh feeling:blush:.

Hope this helps. PM me for any other questions or info. Good luck, hope you win your battle with the beast.

Georgesgirl1
02-10-2011, 09:37 PM
It took me forever to get around to posting this, but Jacob Steven is here. He was born on January 27th at 10:36pm after 12 hours of labor. He weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 21 inches long (that is two pounds heavier and two inches longer than Myers was when he was born!) I got my VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section), so my recovery has been so much easier this time around. Also, nursing is going SO much better this time. He is so sweet and looks so much like Myers! Myers is doing really good as a big brother. He is always talking about his "Baby Jacob." He is also being very helpful around the house by helping me get diapers and stuff when I ask.

Unfortunately, my FIL passed away two days after Jacob was born. I don't know how many of you saw the posts I had made before about his battle with cancer. He got to see pictures of Jacob, but didn't get to meet him in person. It is a very bittersweet time for us right now.

IloveJack
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow, we've had a really quiet board this time around!

Just an update, I'm now 27.5 weeks. As of a couple of weeks ago, Lily weighed around 2 lbs (ultrasound estimate) and was doing great. She's still transverse, which is weird to me. By this time, last time, Sammie had been head-down for a long time. I know she still has plenty of time to turn, but I'm getting a little worried that I'll have to have a c-section. I'll be Sammie's sole caregiver for my maternity leave, so surgery recovery would not be cool. But I'll deal with whatever comes my way. I got word at my last visit that I'll be induced early, again. I knew it'd come, was just waiting on it. So we're looking at June 18. It's weird picking her birthdate, but I did it with Sammie, too.
Speaking of Sammie, she was the flower girl in my brother's wedding this weekend. She was adorable and did a great job! She didn't drop any petals, but she didn't cause a scene either. The reception was from 5:30-10pm, and she danced almost the entire time. In fact, the only time she wasn't on the dance floor was when she wasn't allowed, for the special dances. She had a blast! We took lots of pictures and lots of video. :) Maybe I'll show them when she gets married. :thedolls: Of course, no nap, dancing all night, and a good bit of chocolate from raiding the table favors... and she slept hard the next two days.

So what have your kiddos been up to lately?

DizNee143
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
thats why i kinda stopped updating here..lol..i was doing it for a while in the 2010..but its like no one else was updating or anything..seems in the pass couple of years intercot has changed.. =(
glad things are going good for you...i cant wait to hear about how it is once your other princess is here..we arent thinking about number 2 yet..but im scared going from 1 to 2..i heard thats the hardest transition...
since im here i guess i will update about Cheyenne..April 4th she will be 16 months!! she has been walking since 10 months..been talking about since about the same time..shes at about 10 words or so..she'll pick up a new one here and there but sometimes they dont last long..lol..shes a petite little thing...at her 15 month check up she was 18lbs 2oz and 30 1/2 inches..doctor said she is perfectly fine and just has little bones..shes a crazy little girl and keeps me on my toes all day..shes definitely a climber..
last tuesday was the first time we had to deal with her having diarrhea..and she finally got back to herself yesterday..i felt so bad..but it didnt really phase her at all..she was herself the whole time..but ugh..im glad its back to normal..
and back in february we had a scare..she woke up in the middle of the night and she does that from time to time..but i knew this was different..it was at a different time than she normally would wake..and she wanted nothing to do with the bottle i made her..then i noticed she was having a hard time breathing..so my first ever trip to the ER was for my little girl..she was dianogsed with Croup..that was a saturday night..then we went to the doctors for a follow up on monday and it turned into RSV..ugh..but she was over it all in a little over a week..
hope everyone else is doing good with they babies! :mickey:

meldan98
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm so glad Cheyenne is doing okay. Maddie had RSV after her 1st week in daycare when she was just a few months old. It was very scary. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any lasting effects. I have heard that those who get RSV, tend to develop asthma. So far, fingers crossed, we haven't had any symptoms of asthma.

Going from 1 to 2 was a challenge, but thankfully my husband is very supportive and helpful. My oldest, who is now 7, is still having jealousy issues and doesn't like it when her toys get broken by the little sister (who's now 2). I can't ever imagine have 3 and being outnumbered, and with all of the issues I have, I'm thinking we are done with 2.

We have been very busy with school, indoor soccer, gymnastics and faith formation and keeping kids entertained in the rain. We are currently in our first few days of sun, after weeks of rain. Thankfully!!!

I think the most challenging thing right now is dealing with "mamma drama" with one of my oldest's classmates. She had posted all over facebook that a child in their class was bullying her child. Come to find out it was my dd. Thankfully, she didn't say it was my dd, but after some tears and further investigation, her dd blew things way out of proportion and is following my dd around and copying everything she does. My dd finally had it and started teasing her to make her leave her alone. It wasn't bullying and my dd did not make a good decision, but I get why she did it. I made her apologize and write a letter to her, but now it appears my friendship with the other mother is beyond repair and it also appears, so is my friendship with most of the other moms.

I've told my dd that it isn't acceptable to tease anyone at anytime and to just stay away from her. Now, the other girl is teasing my dd. My dd is reading at the 3rd-4th grade level and the other girl is at a 7th grade level and she is telling my dd that she reads baby books. Mind you, they are in the 1st grade. I remember how mean girls can be and I'm dreading what life is going to be like when they are 10.

Jeri
03-31-2011, 12:30 AM
I haven't posted on here since Oct. I think..

Anyways I was pregnant with # 3, which we had found out was finally a girl:cloud9:, but they had some concerns that she might have Downs.

Anyways, I was due Feb. 25th, however I had my daughter on Jan 31st. via emergency c- section.
I had been having high blood pressure, and due to my age ( 41) they decided to do weekly stress test starting at 36 weeks. I went in on Friday Jan 28th, and they ended up admitting me overnight. I went home on Saturday but was on strict bedrest. I had to stay on my left side, could only get up long enough to use the bathroom. I wasn't even allowed to use the phone cause my blood pressure went up 20 points in the hospital while on the phone.
I went back Monday the 31st for another stress test and my blood pressure was 190/110:eek:
The Dr said I was staying till I delivered, and she was planning on the end of the week.
Well, that didn't happen because the baby at that point was breech, and my fluid had gotten very low due to the blood pressure. I was told I would be having a baby that night!!
Needless to say I was crying. We were having a snow storm, my husband plows snow and I had nothing set up for my other kids. He was wonderful and kept me calm during all the craziness.
My beautiful little princess was born Monday January 31st, at 5:50 pm. She was 4 lbs 7 ozs, 18 1/2 inches. :princess: Her name is Tessa Brielle. She had to be taken to the NICU due to her size and being 4 weeks early. She ate right away, and never required help with her breathing.She stayed only 1 day after I left , and that was only cause she was having trouble maintaining her temp. She did end up having Downs, and I was rather shocked at how some of my family reacted to the news. To me she is so beautiful and couldn't be more perfect!

I was not expecting a c-section and it actually was a bit more complicated then they planned because of her position, and size. The bottom of my uterus never expanded and they couldn't do the normal cut on it. They had to cut it top to bottom, and then the outside insision had to be made bigger too. Recovery took a long time, but all is good now.

The time has gone so fast, and some of it is a big blur now, but I am so thankful the Dr made the decision to not wait any longer.
She just had her 2 month appointment today, and she is already up to 9 pounds:thumbsup:

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, and the babies are getting bigger or you're having a healthy pregnancy.

Georgesgirl1
04-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Congrats Jeri! I love the name you picked. I bet she is just as cute as she can be!!

Jacob is 2 months now and weighs a whopping 12lbs. Myers was such a peanut at that age, so Jacob seems huge! He is already moving in 3-6 month clothes and Myers hasd just gotten into 0-3 month clothes.

Although we had a rough few weeks transitioning at the beginning, I am into a bit of a routine with 2 kids and it is getting much easier. Myers loves his little brother and is a good little helper! I am glad that I am taking off of work until school starts back in August. I am really enjoying my time off with my two boys!

Lacy
04-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Brittany - I too am glad to hear that Cheyenne is doing okay after having RSV. I know how scary that can be and Elias ended up with asthma after his first round of RSV when he was about 15 months old. He had RSV again this year but it wasn't too bad but we constantly deal with the asthma. We do nebulizer treatments everyday....thank goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Melissa - So sorry to hear about the "mama drama". That just sounds so hard to deal with and difficult to know what all to tell your dd.

Jeri - Congrats on the arrival of your little princess!

Other news here. Elias is allergic to peanuts. He had a mild delayed reaction (asthma attack and hives) after eating 1 peanut m&m so we got him tested and sure enough very allergic to peanuts. It doesn't seem too hard to avoid peanuts and I'm glad it isn't an allergy to milk or eggs but the scary part is that they can't tell me what kind of reaction he will have. Anyone else dealing with food allergies?

Elias is getting his third trip to Disneyland in May. I am speaking at a conference in Irvine and then Elias and my mom will come join me for a weekend at DL! Kristin - my goal is that Elias will be as lucky as you were with a Disney trip every year. And we're still looking to 2012 for a trip to WDW!

Kennywife
04-02-2011, 08:45 AM
We go in April 5th for our follow-up at the RE. (She had to reschedule since she was in surgery all day).

Kenny has been given an a-ok with her, now it's just me. :confused: I may need to have the HSG, not sure yet. Will know more Tuesday. Oh and Wednesday is....

:party: Happy b-day to me! So maybe it'll be good news. :pixie: please!

Anna

January-2007
04-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Our baby is quickly turning into a big boy. He can open doors and run up stairs, he loves bananas, and he has almost all his teeth already. We're loving our life being a little family and although I am always wanting that next one I know that having just the three of us for now is what's best. DH is changing him into some daytime clothes so we can go outside and run around- DS's favorite activity.

We had a good time in Disneyland a few months ago and watched the Billy Hill and the Hillbilies show 3 times, and he went crazy with laughter each and every time. Dumbo was a big hit, especially since we rode at night- he loved looking at all the lights. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters were a hit as well, he moved the car around and tried to use the arcade gun, so cute. Planning for next year's WDW vacation has recently begun and we're just so excited to see all that he can do and enjoy this time around since he will be over 2 years old then and his first and only WDW trip so far was when he was just between 6 and 7 months old.

Well he's all dressed and ready to go so we're going to brave the cold for the sake of some big belly laughs and chasing. Glad to hear all of your little ones are doing well.

Kennywife
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Went to see the RE today and ....

I have hypothyroidism.

My fertility dx gave me meds for it. Kenny and i are going to be attending a class on fertility treatments soon and I am due to have the HSG after my next AF.

So good news today! At least now I know!

Anna

IloveJack
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Anna - Yay for good news! I hope that means even better news in the near future! Oh, and happy late birthday!

Jan '07 - Sounds like a good DL trip! I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing WDW through my daughter's eyes. It brings the magic to life even more!

Lacy - I saw on FB that Elias was allergic to peanuts. Yuck! So far, Sammie only has seasonal (totally springtime) allergies. She's got a pretty nasty cough right now, due to them. I'm hoping all the rain we're getting tames them a bit. How's the no-peanut transition going? Oh, and you should totally go to WDW in June next year. That's our plan, unless little Lily decides to come early and changes our dates. It was nice meeting Kristin; now I need to meet you guys! :)

Kristin - 12 lbs already! Wow, I can't imagine! Sammie still just weighs 24. We keep wondering if Lily will be like her, or be chunky. If she is, they might look like twins, since Sammie appears to be about 18 months old. :blush:

I go for another growth scan this Thursday. A month ago, Lily weighed around 2 lbs, so we'll see what this month has done. Although, at 38 weeks, they told me Sammie would weigh over 9 lbs, and she came out at 6.11, so I don't put much stock in ultrasound measurements. :) I'm really just hoping to see that she's turned, or is beginning to. I'm still early (29.5 weeks), but I really don't want to have a c-section, as I'll be alone most of my maternity leave. It'd be great if she'd give up on this breech thing!
We've gotten absolutely nothing ready for her arrival. All Sammie's stuff is still in the attic. I guess once the craziness of Easter dies down, we'll get it down and I can start washing and sorting. They're sharing a room, so that's one less thing to worry with. Oh well, as long as we have diapers, it'll be fine... :blush:

Georgesgirl1
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Susan- Myers and Jacob are going to look like twins before long. Jacob is 70th% height and Myers is 5th%, so it won't be long before they are the same height!

Lacy- I hope that we can schedule our 2012 trips at the same time! We miss y'all so much and I can't wait for Myers and Elias to meet!

Kennywife
04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
We have our fertility class Tuesday! :D

As soon as AF shows up, we can do the HSG when she leaves. Soooo ready to just get it done with!

Kenny and I are going to WDW Oct. 27-Nov. 3 at......POFQ! :number1: I've always wanted to stay here! We are finally doing it! We have the DXDP plan and are going to Universal/Busch Gardens/Sea World too!

My dining window opens Apr. 30th!

Anna

Kennywife
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
So my HSG is Wednesday. *Gulp*

My dining window is Thursday for Oct. 25-30 at WDW with UO Oct. 30-Nov. 1!

And today is......

6 months to go!!!!!! :D

Something to think about to keep me from thinking about the HSG. :cool:

Anna

Kennywife
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
So glad that's over!!! My HSG that is! :D

It wasn't that bad honestly. Kinda felt like a really hard pinch. The ink was the worst part. :ill:

Anyhoo, all clear! :D:joy::coaster::cheers:

Soooo happy!

Even my fibroids are smaller!

Anna

Georgesgirl1
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Jacob is 3 months old now. I can't believe how fast things are going by! He is giggling a lot now and is such a smiley baby. Myers is also growing up so fast. He can count to 10, say most of the alphabet, knows many colors and shapes. He is such a little man now!

I am getting an IUD on Monday. Anyone have any experience with them? We are pretty sure that we are done having kids, but aren't 100% sure, so we didn't want to have anything permanent done yet!

We booked our January 2012 trip yesterday. We are going marathon weekend. My dad is running the half again and I was going to try to also, but it doesn't seem like I will have time to train that much before January. I am going to run the 5k though and I think we will let Myers run the 100m.

IloveJack
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Anna, Congrats! Keep us updated!

Kristin, I have no experience with an IUD. In fact, BC in general doesn't agree with me. Sorry. Hope it works out well for you. DH is getting the big V when we're done, so I won't have to deal with it.

My OB visits are now twice weekly. A non-stress test, an ultrasound, and an OB appt. It's crazy on our gas budget, but at least it's only for a few more weeks. I'll be induced Father's Day weekend, if Lily doesn't make her appearance before then. She's somewhere between 3-4 lbs now. Whereas I was super excited at this point with Sammie, we've gotten NOTHING ready for Lily. Of course, she's the second girl, so it's not much more than dragging the stuff out of the attic, washing and sorting it. But it keeps getting put off. If she's stays put til school's out (May 23), then I'll have a couple of weeks without work to get ready, so I'm hoping for that. Although, DH keeps saying she's coming early... :/

Kennywife
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Came back from the Re with icky news...

guess who needs surgery? :ill:

That's right...me.

My left fallopian tube is swelled up and the only way to get it back to normal is to lance it or remove it. :ack:

They will also be shaping my uterus. (It's septid....dented.)

Afterwards, AF will be normal for the first time ever and IBS will go away! (tube is pushing on my colon.)

At least now I know and can get it fixed. :cool:

Anna

Georgesgirl1
05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Anna- Sounds pretty awful. When will they do the surgery?

IloveJack
05-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Anna- Goodness! Sounds crazy. I guess that's why mothers are so special... all the stuff we go through just so to fulfill our desire for a child. Let us know when it'll be.

I went for my 33 week appt yesterday. I found out that I might have choleostasis. It's a liver disease brought on simply from pregnancy hormones. The main symptom is persistent, inexplicable itching. The other symptoms are typical pregnancy symptoms (so it's hard to tell if they're one or the other). They did bloodwork yesterday, but it can take a week to come back, so I probably won't know until next Thursday. Because it causes the liver to quit filtering the bile from the blood, it doesn't filter the baby's blood, either... meaning the risk of stillbirth rises (and I'm already high-risk enough). I freaked out for a little while yesterday, then calmed down knowing that Lily is big enough now that if they have to, they can go ahead and take her. I don't want a preemie, as my goal is for her to go home from the hospital when we do... but if that's what it takes, then we'll deal. And, of course, it's not a for sure thing yet either.

Besides that, Lily is doing great. She weighs (according to the ultrasound) about 5.5 lbs now. I've got 5 weeks left at the most, which is good, because I stay incredibly exhausted and can't keep up with Sammie anymore. David has stepped up his help with her, though, with just a little complaining. :secret:

And the best news, I'm done teaching next Wednesday! I have two days of exams after that, and a couple of cleaning/grading days, but the end is near!

Georgesgirl1
05-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Susan- I saw your post on Facebook about itchy hands and I was going to e-mail you about choleostasis. A friend of mine had it about a year ago. The doctor monitored her and as soon as her son's lungs were developed they went ahead and induced her. I'm glad they figured out what was going on though. Her doctor completely blew her off and told her the itching was nothing to worry about. She went home and did some research about it and found out about choleostasis. I will be praying for you and Lily.

Kennywife
05-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Rotten day. My insurance doesn't cover it. (Gee, what a surprise?! :mad:) and the RE doesn't take payment plans. I can't do 2500 up front. :(

Sooo....I'm lookinng for another dx that might be able to help me.

Soooo freakin frustrating! I need a giant one of :marg:

Anna

Georgesgirl1
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Anna- They won't do payment plans??? That is crazy. I hope you are able to find another doc who will take a payment plan.

DH and I celebrated 8 years of marriage on the 17th. One year ago, on our anniversary is the day we found out that we were expecting again. I can't believe it has been a year since then!

Has anyone been to one of the new interactive Disney Stores. We have one here and it is great. When Myers says he wants to see Mickey, we head to the Disney Store! It is great that he thinks a trip to the mall is almost as good as going to WDW. Today while we were there, they taught all the kids to do the Hot Dog song from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Apparently everyday at 2:30 at our store they do something fun for the kids (a parade, trivia, learning how to draw Mickey, learning a song or dance).

I'm going to see Pirates 4 at the midnight showing.....3 hours to go!:thumbsup:

Mammabruski
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi gals.... long time lurker first time poster on this forum... I have two little girls at home (ages 4 and 1.5) but I'm pretty sure we're done with babies :(. Sigh! That's why I'm posting:

I am getting an IUD on Monday. Anyone have any experience with them? We are pretty sure that we are done having kids, but aren't 100% sure, so we didn't want to have anything permanent done yet!

I got the paraguard after my last little one and I LOVE IT! My periods got a little heavier, but beyond that I have had no side effects and I love the freedom of not having to worry about birth control. I also love that it lasts 10 years, and can be removed easily if wanted.

Good luck!

meldan98
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Rumors are that when our Disney Store reopens it will be one of the new interactive stores. Back in October, some nut job went into our mall and threatened to blow it up, started a fire and burned down half of the mall. We have another store about 40 minutes away, but I always cringe everytime I got to that mall. Last time we went, we saw some teenagers getting tongue piercings in the parking lot. Not the ideal family atmosphere. According to my sources, our mall store is reopening, hopefully by October. I can't wait!!!

School is finally winding down and I am very thankful that the year is almost over. I'm so tired of the drama betweeen my daughter and another little girl. She comes home crying at least once a week. Despite me telling her not to play with her, the little girl follows Abby around and tells Abby that if she doesn't play the games the way she wants them played, she'll tell on her. I've finally told Abby to just go talk with the teacher and tell her that she is trying to stay away and not play with the other girl, but that she won't leave Abby alone.

Susan, I hope you are doing okay.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
06-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Evan Morris was born 6/25/11 at 7:43 pm by c-section! He was 7lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. He's perfect and is as cute as anything I've ever seen! We are so happy to finally have him in our lives! :D

Had to be induced due to low amniotic fluid counts and after almost 24 hours of trying to labor my body unfortantly wouldn't progress. DH and I decided to go ahead and get a c section instead of continuing the stress of labor on my body and Evans. We are both happy and healthy now, although I am a little sore. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Here's to a new start in life! :mickey:

meldan98
06-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Congratulations!

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Congratulations!!!!

IloveJack
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Congrats on baby Evan!

I tried this a few weeks ago, and somehow deleted it before posting it. As I am using my phone, I didn't re-type it. So here goes the second try...
Lilliana Rose is here! She was born June 8 at 6:29pm. She weighed 7.13 and was 20.5 in long. My fluid had gotten low, so they did an amnio to check her lungs. She passed with flying colors and they induced me at 37+3 weeks.
Sammie took 23 hours to get here, so this time I kept putting off getting an epidural, because I was afraid it'd stall my labor. Well, oops, I put it off so long that Lily came naturally. Actually, it wasn't terrible, and the recovery was so much easier... if we have a third, I'll just plan to go naturally with that one. Of course, labor lasted less than 4 hours, so that helped, too.
Anyhow, Lily was 3 weeks old yesterday. She's still tiny (refused to nurse at first, so she's only back to birth weight now), but has more hair than Sammie did at 1 year. It's also dark brown, so I'm waiting to see if it turns white blonde like Sammie's, or if it stays. If they didn't look so alike in the face, people would swear they aren't sisters.
I've begun planning our next WDW trip, to celebrate Lily's 1st birthday. We did it with Sammie, and I treasure the pictures. I can't wait!

DizNee143
07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats on baby Evan!

I tried this a few weeks ago, and somehow deleted it before posting it. As I am using my phone, I didn't re-type it. So here goes the second try...
Lilliana Rose is here! She was born June 8 at 6:29pm. She weighed 7.13 and was 20.5 in long. My fluid had gotten low, so they did an amnio to check her lungs. She passed with flying colors and they induced me at 37+3 weeks.
Sammie took 23 hours to get here, so this time I kept putting off getting an epidural, because I was afraid it'd stall my labor. Well, oops, I put it off so long that Lily came naturally. Actually, it wasn't terrible, and the recovery was so much easier... if we have a third, I'll just plan to go naturally with that one. Of course, labor lasted less than 4 hours, so that helped, too.
Anyhow, Lily was 3 weeks old yesterday. She's still tiny (refused to nurse at first, so she's only back to birth weight now), but has more hair than Sammie did at 1 year. It's also dark brown, so I'm waiting to see if it turns white blonde like Sammie's, or if it stays. If they didn't look so alike in the face, people would swear they aren't sisters.
I've begun planning our next WDW trip, to celebrate Lily's 1st birthday. We did it with Sammie, and I treasure the pictures. I can't wait!

congrats!!:mickey:

January-2007
07-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Susan that gives me so much hope for when we have our second! My labor lasted 23 hours with DS and I had an epidural too so maybe next time around I can have your luck. My mom had that happen with her too, the first took soooo long then the second, a flat 4 hours.

:congrats:

So happy for your new bundle of joy!!!

Georgesgirl1
07-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Congrats on Baby Evan and Baby Lily!

I had a c-section with Myers because he was breech and was sore for quite a while afterwards. Jacob is my VBAC baby, and my recovery was so much easier! If we have a third (which I doubt, but never say never), I may try for a natural birth.

My labor with Jacob was only about 12 hours, so not too bad. I think if DH had been in a better place and could have helped me more with focusing on other things I could have gone longer without the epi. FIL had only been given a few days to live though, and DH was having a really hard time dealing with that. He was awesome while I was pushing and everything, but during slow times in my labor, he would start thinking about his dad and get very down. It was tough for him to say goodbye to his dad and hello to his son all in a few days time.

We booked Jacob's first trip for marathon weekend 2012. He will be a few weeks shy of turning 1 and Myers will have just turned 3, so we will celebrate both of their birthdays while we are there. My dad and my brother are running the half marathon, and my mom and I are running the 5K. DH is not a runner, so he is on kid duty! We may sign Myers and Jacob up for the kid races also.

Lizzy
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey baby mommas! It's been a while since I have been here. Congrats to all the new mommas and moms to be

Abigail is 9 months old now. Just had her visit yesterday, she is 20 lbs 2 oz. 90th percentile. Cute little chunker.

I wanted to chime in because I have the Mirena IUD now. I hated it for the first 6 months, it definatly takes some getting used to. I always feel pregnant and keep freeking out and thinking I need to go pee on a stick. DBF thinks it is making me a little crazy. I have been really moody and aggerivated. But I am giving it a year. If things are not balanced out by Nov then out it will come. AF was here for the first 3 months solid with with, then she would come back every other week for the next 2 months. That seems to have gone back to normal. Of course I had to be one of the small percentage of women that AF continues to visit, most Mirena users stop getting theirs. :mad:

IloveJack
08-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Well, I'm down to exactly 2 weeks of maternity leave left. And of course, I'm at school today anyhow. Funny how that works. I'm the yearbook adviser and it's picture day, so I'm not teaching, just helping with pictures. And Lily got to come with me. It's starting to set in that my full-time days with Lily are numbered. Not too happy about that. But at least, I know I can do it. With Sammie, I cried for days.

Lily's up to almost 11 lbs now. She's staying about a pound above where Sammie was at each visit. People tell me she's big, but I think it's because they're comparing her to Sammie. She's only in the 40th percentile. Sammie stayed right around there until 4 months. At her 6th month appt, she dropped to 10th, and then to <3rd (the smallest they'll go) from then on. So we'll see how Lily grows. She's such a very social baby, grinning and laughing often. She's a fairly easy baby, as well, only really crying when hungry. Of course, she likes to be close, so when I'm not wearing her, I have to keep her nearby, or she gets fussy. Not that I mind ;), most of the time.

I booked our WDW trip a couple of weeks ago, for Lily's first birthday. We're going June 1-10, unless something happens and we have to shorten the trip. Actually, we'll only be at Disney for 8 days, as David wants to spend his birthday at the WWoHP, and we're spending a day at the beach coming and going. Even still, it'll be our longest WDW trip, yet. We're also tent-camping at FW, another first. We're a very camping-friendly family (Lily spent her first night in a tent at 8 days), so I'm not worried about camping, just hoping it's cool/not humid enough that we can sleep comfortably.

Sammie started school (K3) today. She won't actually be 3 until 10/1, but I think she's ready, and it's much, much cheaper than daycare. The program is at my school, so she's just down the hall from me. Her classmates make her look tiny. In fact, when lining her up for class pictures today, she was the shortest in the class. Her teacher just caught me in the hall and said she was doing great, just won't stop kissing one of the boys. :blush: :number1: :blush: He's a friend from church, so it's kind of cute. Naptime will be the kicker, so I might sneak by in a little while to see if she is compliant. Ha! Right...

Sorry, that got a little longwinded. I've been using phone internet for so long, my fingers just kept prattling on with a keyboard. :secret: Hope everyone's doing great!

January-2007
11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Trick or treating with DS who just turned 2 was sooo fun! He was a dinosaur and had an absolute blast, not to mention the candy dinner he indulged in afterwards. Being a mommy is the best.