PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else got email from Disney about a submitted video?

buzznwoodysmom
01-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I recieved an email right before Christmas about a video I submitted for Disney's new "theme" this year. I missed the cutoff date of Dec. 22nd to fax in release forms and another copy of the video. DH got home from Iraq on Dec. 22nd and there was just so much going on with him coming home and the holidays that I never got around to it. This week I've recieved 3 more emails about my video. Now instead of a date it states "as soon as possible". Altogether I must have recieved almost 10 emails about this. The email says that they would like to possibly use our video in promotional material this year. Has anyone else recieved anything like this? We are going to send everything to them this weekend. I'll let you all know what comes of it.

brad192
01-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Sounds like your video might be part of a new commercial! Way cool... :mickey:

Ian
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
It's a standard email they send to anyone who submits video. It covers them in the event they decide to use a snippet of your contribution promotionally.

Standard practice in the advertising world. Consent everyone up front ... makes things much easier on the back end.

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Just an update. I printed out all the release forms and will fax them today, along with a new copy of the video. I got an email back from Disney and they would like me to call them reguarding further project details. I'll update again after I speak with them.

Cinderelley
02-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Any new word about this?