PDA

View Full Version : Activities before you leave

Belster
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Hello,

I am looking for activitiy ideas to do with your kids before you leave for your Disney trip. This would act as a way to subside that excitement before you leave. :mickey:

Any creative fun ideas???

kcrc
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
One time before we went, I printed out a large copy of the map of the whole Disneyworld property. I then made a paper chain with 50 links on it. On the inside of each link was the name of something at Disneyworld. I included rides, restaurants, shows, resorts, etc. Starting 50 days before our trip, each day, my 2 kids took turns taking a link off the paper chain and taping it on the map where it was located. It was fun watching the chain shrink. It was also fun to see their reactions when they got something they LOVED ("WOO HOO I got Haunted Mansion" etc.). And it was amazing that they actually worked together and never argued about whose turn it was to take a link off - nor did they forget to do it!! Looking for good ideas from others as well as to what we can do this time before our June trip!

Momto3littlemice
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
One thing we do is hide the dwarfs! We have a set of the seven dwarfs (that I got as a child but I think they are still available) and before Disney (and while we are at Disney) the adults will hide the dwarfs all over the house after the kids go to bed. Always fun in the morning for the kids to find the dwarfs. My older kids now like to take turns doing the hiding for the younger. :mickey:

plutosnana
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Have a voting of the family's top seven must see's. First have your kids write in like 12 rides, then they have a vote, with the family. Whichever ones have the highest votes, make it in. The lower ones are not. ENJOY! :)

:goofy: