PDA

View Full Version : British question

jrkcr
01-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know what a volleybon is? I may not be spelling it correctly, but it is something you eat. It can be with chicken or ham etc.
I ask because of a BBC show I watch, it is mentioned and my daughter and I would like to know. We have googled it and find no answers.
Thanks!!
:mickey:

The Reservoir Dog
01-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Maybe you could be refering to "Vol Au Vent" which is a small hollow puff pastry in which you can put whatever fillings you want in it. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I think it might be vol au vont too. Perhaps if you tell us the show it might gives us a clue

jrkcr
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
As Time Goes By. Stephen plans an anniversary party for his wife Penny. He is carrying a tray of them, but can't remember who asked for them.
My daughter Regan(11) and I are both "foodies" and have wondered for a long time about this....so thanks!!!

This word is French then? I always assumed it was English and couldn't find it anywhere.

I'll look up the recipe-:chef:

Dragongirlx
01-08-2011, 11:28 AM
It's definatley vol au vont. Yes its a french word but they were very popular at British dinner parties

Zawadi
01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe you could be refering to "Vol Au Vent" which is a small hollow puff pastry in which you can put whatever fillings you want in it. :mickey:

Close enough. The definition from wikipedia is:

A vol-au-vent (pronounced [vɔlovɑ̃], French for "windblown" to describe its lightness) is a small hollow case of puff pastry. A round opening is cut in the top and the pastry cut out for the opening is replaced as a lid after the case is filled. Vol-au-vents can accommodate various fillings, such as mushrooms, prawns, fruit, or cheese.

TheMartellFamily
01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I enjoy learning something new everyday.

jrkcr
01-09-2011, 08:47 PM
I can promise my daughter and I will be making them soon!! She wants to learn French, we love As Time Goes By, and we both enjoy cooking.
So, thank you all so much! :thumbsup: