PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Marathoners!!!

Melanie
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
It's Marathon Weekend again!!! :walk:

We are checking into the AKL tomorrow. So excited, as we've always wanted to stay there. My boys and DH are doing the Buzz and Woody Best Friends 5K on Friday, then my DH is doing the Goofy Challenge. :goofy: :whew:

Best of luck to everyone participating, whether you are a runner, walker, team member, volunteer, cheerleader, etc. Maybe I'll see some of you on the course. :clappy:

A Big Kid
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
YeeHaw! I am so looking forward to it. This is my second year in a row and my 5th Disney Marathon.

Good luck everyone!

ETA: Oh yeah. We'll be staying at the Poly.

Melanie
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
YeeHaw! I am so looking forward to it. This is my second year in a row and my 5th Disney Marathon.

You are a seasoned vet! GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

dnickels
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Just picked up my race packet and swag bag, looking forward to completing my first Goofy Challenge! It's also my first Disney race and it was a weird feeling being over at registration and seeing so many fit runner-types compared to the size of your average adult Disney guest.

I'll be in the handcrank wheelchair division with a lime green chair. Good luck to everyone else! :thumbsup:

dnickels
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Had a fun time doing the half today and looking forward to the full tomorrow!

Just a few tidbits I learned and heard from others for anyone considering doing the race(s) in the future.

-The wheelchairs were let out first so I didn't have a problem with it but I heard from a good number of people that they didn't like how narrow some of the sections were. Making it worse they said were the large number of people who apparently 'fib' on their times to get better corral placement. One guy I talked to ended up running over 14 miles (according to his GPS from start line to finish line) for a 13.1 mile race because he spent so much time weaving around slower runners who had started in front of him.

-I know in one of the older Marathon threads some people had decided not to run because they couldn't wear their iPods/MP3 players. If that's the official policy from Disney it's not enforced at all. It seemed like everyone except for the elite runners had some sort of music player with earbuds so not being able to listen to music is not an excuse to miss the race next year. :D

lynnek
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank you so much for the info on the 1/2! We are considering some of these runs at WDW! Good luck on the full.