PDA

View Full Version : a.m. extra hours question

kurt
01-05-2011, 11:11 AM
i've got a trip booked for 01/09-01/16.:thumbsup:
i have not been there since 2006. i have a question about morning extra magic hours. i know the p.m.hours allow guests extra time in the parks after they close. does a.m. hours allow entrance to the parks before they open?:goofy:

EpcotFan182
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
That's correct, the morning EMH will allow Disney resort guests to enter the parks 1 hour earlier than the official park opening. Keep in mind though that not all of the attractions open for EMH (usually only the most popular ones). Intercot has a schedule of which parks open early on which days so you can plan accordingly - have a great trip!

Victor Kelly
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Am EMH gives you a head start on all the crowds for the most popular stuff.

Pm EMH is essentially the same but usually 3 full hours after official closing time for that select park.

MarkC
01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I would add that the am hours are normally much less crowded. You've only got a few people there and obviously no one started out ahead of you. During the evening, you may get in line for Space Mountain but there may be 1000 people already there that will go through first. Plus, a lot of people don't like to get up to get there early. I don't like it but I do it.

crltkcagle
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
AM hours are a must do! Everyone usually skips them because they are tired so the parks are pretty empty. I would definitely take advantage of them! Have a great trip!

lynnek
01-06-2011, 09:01 AM
We actually planned which park which day based on the morning EMH. All bets were off for later in the day where we would end up! The morning EMH allowed us to get in the park and have a relaxing time so when it started to fill up, we didn't mind as much. Even if you find yourself getting there a bit late for EMH, you were still in earlier than the regular crowds. It seems like its only an hour, but if you think 1 hour plus the half an hour at least that it takes to enter the park at regular park opening, that's quite a bit of time. You can go quite a few time around on Triceratops Spin without getting off:) (2 yr olds like that)

Victor Kelly
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Almost our entire trip was based upon EMH times and parks. Then that is how we planned the dining for those days as well.

It seems like nobody would get there early for EMH days no matter which park we went to. We could start late at one park and end up in another for closing.

It took some work to plan out our trip but it was worth every second of planning.