PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy Park Hopper MYW Tickets?

forever a child
01-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Just curious how many people do or don't buy PH tickets.

Our last two visits we have just purchased base tickets and had no problems. We plan out our days and meals so that we have not had a need for more than one park in a given day. But I know a lot of people do like to park hop.

Share your choices and why.

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
We plan one park each day. We have small kids so trying to do more thank one park in a day for us would not work.

pixiedustct
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I just really like knowing I have the freedom to go to another park for whatever reason. I also feel like with Park Hopper, I can go back to a park and do a ride that I might have skipped for whatever reason- without jeopardizing the rest of my day.

brivers222
01-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes we do because often we have lunch in one park and then dinner at another.

rubato
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
My vote is for the hoppers. I like to do morning emh and then, hop to another, less crowded park. I, too, like to do lunch at one park and dinner at another. We almost didn't get hoppers for this trip and were just going to add the option when we got there, but in looking at my plans, we're hopping on day 2,3, 5 and 6 no matter what.

Disney4us2
01-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I always get the park hopper tickets. I like the freedom of changing parks. This past trip we hopped parks quite a bit. One day we were at AK most of the day, went back to the resort and then to EPCOT for dinner.

goofy-4-disney
01-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I've always done the park-hopper tickets. I like having the freedom to basically do whatever I want at Disney whenever I want to, without risking using multiple days worth of tickets. Its great to be able to go to say MK in the morning, go back to the resort in the afternoon for a little bit, then head to EPCOT for dinner. Everytime I go in the future I wont even consider anything but the park hopper option.

Granny Jill A
01-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Actually I buy the PH option when I purchase my discounted tickets at AAA. I've never found the MYW package to be a good buy for me.

And I love the freedom to change my mind and head for a different park in the evening.

forever a child
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I've always done the park-hopper tickets. I like having the freedom to basically do whatever I want at Disney whenever I want to, without risking using multiple days worth of tickets.

Actually, you can only enter one park with a base (non park hopping ticket). It will not allow you to use a second day off your ticket by entering another park. If it would, it would be a cheaper route to park hop since adding a day or two to your ticket is cheaper than adding the PH option.

disneymom15
01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
We always do hoppers. I like the idea of being able to hop.

BigThunderFan
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
We only hop so we can catch parades and shows without spending the entire day in a busy park. Or maybe if one park closes super early we might catch some fill in attractions elsewhere...

Gator
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
The first couple of trips, we loved the park hoppers. Then the kids started coming - after that, the less bus adventures, the better. The kids are kinda at that age where they can handle getting on the bus a lot easier, but I've grown comfortable with going to a park and staying there all day. So now I hold onto an extra $220.

forever a child
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
We only hop so we can catch parades and shows without spending the entire day in a busy park. Or maybe if one park closes super early we might catch some fill in attractions elsewhere...

We used to like to hop so that we could see Fantasmic for a 2nd time during our stay. We would skip Illuminations and head over to MGM (at the time) and watch Fantasmic. We also used it to head to MK after AK closed. But now we find we either use EMH for our late night adventures or we us it for a late dinner at a deluxe resort or trip to DTD, so no need to park hop.

So now I hold onto an extra $220.

I like saving the extra $ too by not buying a PH. Then I can put it towards something like the Pirates and Pals Voyage, or MHSSHP or even shopping or another TS meal.

dismeag
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
we buy park hopper because if you get to a park and find that the park is crowded you can go to a less crowded park. that way you wont have to wate in all the lines that way you do more on your vacation. I say spand the extra money its worth it. :mickey:

princessjojo
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
We always buy hoppers. I think that if I found myself committed to one park per day, I wouldn't be happy. I like the ability to change my mind in the middle of the day or change my plans in mid-stream and go to another park.

DisneyorBust
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
We normally Park Hop, like the flexibility it affords us in planning our stays between parks and dining ADR's. I know that Hoppers aren't for everyon but they work for us!

Disney Hungarian
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I always park hop. Sometimes visiting all 4 parks in the same day.

MOJoe
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I think once you get used to hopping, it's hard to go back. Whenever i think i could save a few bucks, i ask the family what would they think of not park hopping. :shake::fit::humph::angry: are the usual responses. And really, they are right. There are so many things we like to do, that it would be hard to schedule in a way that allows us only one park per day.

crltkcagle
01-04-2011, 08:06 PM
For us its a matter of saving money. It costs about 200.00 bucks for us to add PH to our tickets. So we just stick with regular passes and enjoy one park a day.

Buttercup
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I buy the park hoppers, however out of a 5-day pass, we probably only park hop for 3 of those days. I like to spend one full day at MK and one full day at Epcot, no interruptions. :thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
We used to get hoppers and then started to realize that we don't really ever use it. I was contemplating doing it for this trip, but after reading this thread the cheapo in me just keeps questioning the worth. I am worried though with all the "crowd" talk I am thinking what if we do get to a park and wish we had picked another one that day.... decisions, decisions....:secret:

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I have done both on back-to-back trips and much prefer to be able to "hop." It really depends on the person, but I don't like spending all day in one park. It expands options for rides and dining. I agree with previous posters that it's nice to take advantage of EMH in one park and then go to a less crowded park for regular hours. It's also nice on your last day and you want to hit up all your favorites. It would be nice to keep the $$, but for me it's worth it.

sainter
01-05-2011, 04:31 AM
We used to get hoppers and then started to realize that we don't really ever use it. I was contemplating doing it for this trip, but after reading this thread the cheapo in me just keeps questioning the worth. I am worried though with all the "crowd" talk I am thinking what if we do get to a park and wish we had picked another one that day.... decisions, decisions....:secret:

If this happens -- you get to a park and wished you'd picked another park - just go to guest services in the park you are in and have the hopper option added to your tickets! If it doesn't happen, you have saved the cash. :mickey:

LVT
01-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I like the hopper for emotional reasons. After my nap I go to a different park and feel that I have a whole new "day".

DisneyDoug2
01-05-2011, 08:34 AM
When we first started to go, we bought just the non hopper passes, but since both of our kids are teenagers now we like the flexibility of the park hoppers.

KennyandKim
01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
We do not do the park hopper. We plan our trip to eat at the park we are visiting that day as well as what rides we want to do and anything else for that day. When the park closes early we go to DTD or go relax at the resort. We would rather save the money and spend it on special souviniers

joonyer
01-05-2011, 01:17 PM
We usually use Hoppers. Normally we go to one park at opening, back to resort or water park in the afternoon, and then to whatever park is open late that night. We are park commandos, and we have been to all four parks in one day just to say we did it. Usually only two though.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
With our recent December trip we weren't going to do the Park Hopper, but after being down there for a day, making some changes to park days and primarily because we had the free dining, we opted to add on the park hopper.

When it was my DW and myself, we always got the PH, now that we added 3 DD, we thought, nope, too hard at their age to be park hopping. But the scheduling requirements of managing 9 TS was enough to say, oh well, let's add it.

If hadn't been on the ddp, we wouldn't have gotten the PH on this trip.

A Big Kid
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
We usually end our nights at the World Showcase, so a hopper is a must for us!

brownie
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM
We'll go to Epcot to finish out the day if we're at a park that closes earlier. We also will do the rounds on our last day, hitting 2 or more parks to do anything we missed.

Not2Loud
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Before I started buying annual passes, I used to get the 10-day non-expiring park hopper passes. I would buy them when I had the money to spare just in case another year was tighter. There were a few times we wouldn't have gone most likely if we wouldn't have already had the tickets.

Laughin' place
01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Have never had anything but PH, since they were introduced. I like the freedom of being able to visit multiple parks, to plan days to avoid crowds as the days go on, and I especially like the freedom to park hop to Epcot or DHS for dinner

mom2morgan
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I really feel that I "have" to have the hopper, although I'll admit I can't recall very often doing more than one park in the same day! Probably the biggest reason for me is that we like to eat in Epcot, even if we weren't there during the day. And my teenage daughter will use it to spend a whole day "hopping" just to shop! LOL

EeyoresBestFriend
01-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Yes we do because often we have lunch in one park and then dinner at another.

Our thoughts exactly!! Or if you go to one park in the morning and it's insane ~ you have the freedom go somewhere else! This happened to us at DHS in October on a double Fantasmic night!! The worst crowds we have ever seen!! We turned right around and headed to Epcot! :D

WDWgoofy
01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
It is not possible for me to not park hop.

I would like to be able to do one park a day as this would be a saving of $55-60 per adult.

I just can't do it. I enjoy AK but it closes early. I enjoy HS but many nights it closes early. Lastly, I love Epcot at nights. Consequently, I have to hop.

Suz36
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Whenever we've bought MYW tickets, we haven't gotten the PH option in order to save money. I've felt that with good planning (which I love to do!) we could make better use of our time staying put in one park and not wasting time traveling from park/resort/park. However, for three trips we were AP holders, and I must admit I enjoyed the hopper option. I still planned to mostly be in one park per day, but towards the end of the trip, if we'd missed something, it gave us the opportunity to run over to another park to complete our to-do list. On our upcoming trip we do not have PH - we'll see if I regret that!

mainemajor
01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
We always do the hopper option. Just having the option of going to another park for any given reason on each and every day. Some days it's just for a meal at a specific restaurant, a parade, fireworks or that one ride we feel like going on.
We often do three parks on a given day and on occasion done all four in one day.

Dsnygirl
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
We always get a Park Hopper... we've found that we don't want to be in the park that has EMH during the day, and instead like to "hop" to it for the evening instead. Also, it gives us options if the weather gets bad... if we're at AK and the skies open up, we can "hop" to Epcot and do the buildings instead. So, I guess for us, it just comes down to having more options... never happy to pay the extra $200, but I also know I'd be unhappy if I didn't and then got stuck. ;)

johnO
01-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Since we've been to WDW a good number of times, we've found that we no longer like the "Rushing around" of doing multiple parks per day. Now that we've "Been around the block.", we prefer to take our time, and give ourselves a chance to enjoy all of the fine details of WDW, which you cannot do when youre running from one park to the next, catching a bus here, a monorail, a friendship boat there.....

We focus on trying to take in the detail and trying to find and experience things that we've never done before. For instance, trying restaurants we've not been to and checking out other resorts.

We've found that when you "Park Hop", so much of your day is spent "in transit" from one location to the next.

Zawadi
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
For us Brits travelling to WDW the best deal is normally a UK offering of a "Ultimate 7/14/21 day ticket" which covers:

The 4 main parks: MK, Epcot, AK & DS
The 2 water parks: TL & BB
DisneyQuest
with hopper privileges.

It's such a trek for us to get to WDW that personally I can't imagine limiting myself to 1 park a day.

caryrae
01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Since we've been to WDW a good number of times, we've found that we no longer like the "Rushing around" of doing multiple parks per day. Now that we've "Been around the block.", we prefer to take our time, and give ourselves a chance to enjoy all of the fine details of WDW, which you cannot do when youre running from one park to the next, catching a bus here, a monorail, a friendship boat there.....

We focus on trying to take in the detail and trying to find and experience things that we've never done before. For instance, trying restaurants we've not been to and checking out other resorts.

We've found that when you "Park Hop", so much of your day is spent "in transit" from one location to the next.

Sounds like us too. The only time we had PH was when they were included on all tickets but even then we never hopped.

Pete Olsen
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
We usually hop parks at least once a day.

BugeyedMuggy
01-09-2011, 09:05 AM
One park in the AM, back to the resort for lunch and a swim, then another park at night. If MK is open past 11pm then maybe a third park!

TheVBs
01-09-2011, 09:43 AM
We used to always park hop, especially when the girls were younger and we'd take that mid-day break back at the hotel. That made it more attractive to head out to another park, especially on those trips we had the DDP and wanted to dine in Epcot most nights.

However, last trip we bought the park hoppers and never used them once! Now that the girls are older and don't need the mid-day break (at least not all the way back to the resort), we can do a whole day in one park. We didn't buy them for our upcoming trip, but it's nice to know we can add them if we change our minds.

finaldynasty
01-09-2011, 09:58 AM
We normally buy Park Hoppers, however reading this post has me debating whether or not we should. I never considered how much I would save because it seemed so convient. Thinking about it it would make sense to just buy regular tickets and go early, leave early, take a break and come back to the same park later. The only tradition it will wreck is that we usually get up early have breakfast, then head to Epcot then MK to soak up that last smell of Main Street. We end our trip grabbing a dole whip, then going back to our resort and heading back to the ATL.

queenmom9497
01-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Always have the Park Hopper. We tend to stay in the Boardwalk area and want multiple days of access to DHS and Epcot in the same day. We typically have ADRs in different parks too.

angel2931
01-09-2011, 10:51 AM
We used to buy PHs but on our last trip, I think we only made it to a 2nd park 1 day! So this trip I didn't get PH, and I planned our meals based on EMH in each park. Hopefully it works! :mickey:

forever a child
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Looks like the result are 80/20. Eighty percent of us buy Park Hoppers and it appears "most" of the families who buy them use them...but not all. The other 20 percent of save $ and buy non park hopping tickets. All families are different in why they do or don't need park hoppers and again, just like with everything else..it's nice to have an option either way. :mickey:

mamamarie
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
We have small kids too (7 and 4). We will NOT be getting the park hopper. We will be going to the parks for 8 days anyhow and figured we can always go back to a park a different day if we didn't do something the first day we were there. We save quite a bit not getting park hopper and I really don't think we would use it much anyhow. I don't want to be hopping on a different bus or that with the 2 of them....once we are at a park we are there for the day.

mook3y
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
we have always got parkhopper and the main reason has been because we enjoy eating at so many of the restaurants in Epcot.

So we tend to do a morning in a park and then go to Epcot for dinner.

LudwigVonDrake
01-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I park hop every day of my trip :mickey:

AllDisney
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM
We do the park hopper. Once in awhile the park we are in gets kinda crowded & we find ourselves going elsewhere.

whitney37354
01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
We did PH on our trip because DH said this was a one time trip, so we wanted to see everything we could as many times as we wanted.

If we went a lot, we might not do park hoppers and just plan our days around one park and other activities.

cuteduck223
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I like the hopper for emotional reasons. After my nap I go to a different park and feel that I have a whole new "day".

Thats kind of our thinking. we don't all nap, but when we break for the afternoon, we start a whole new adventure. Even with little ones, the bus isn't too bad, as long as we're only doing two parks (one morning, one afternoon). On our upcoming 7 day trip, we are hopping all but 2 days. (and one of those days is animal kingdom...and thats only because we're going to chef mickeys for dinner instead of another park).

kemps@wdw
01-20-2011, 11:26 PM
When we first started going to the World, there were no park-hopper options...cause there were no parks to hop! :D Now, lo-and-behold, 30 something years later there is no end to the wonderful things to do @ WDW. We're older and so is our DD, so we don't find it necessary to spend all day in one park to cover it. We are a 2-park-a-day family. This allows us to see and do all we want at our leisure, and return for 2nds if we like. We schedule our park of choice around any ADRs we may have made when we booked our trip and do enjoy our midday "down time" at our resort.

javamama
01-22-2011, 03:16 PM
We always buy a hopper pass, we start our day one place by the afternoon we end up back at the resort in the pool, and then hit another park at night. It works out great for our family, especially when we stayed at the MK area resorts on the monrail line---this year we'll see being at YC...hopefully it's as easy for us.

waymickey
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
I must park hop. Getting to hop is getting twice the fun every day. We always go to one park in the morning and a different one at night. We did not get the hop ticket one year and were very unhappy. Also hopping alllows you to leave a crowded park to go to a not so crowded park. So worth the extra money.

JabberJaws
01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I park hop every time. To me it's the only way to do the parks (unless you are there during a time it is really busy). We normally limit ourselves to two parks in a day, but one time I did do all major attractions at all 4 parks in one day. It was Sept. 2002 (year after 9/11) so it was absolutely dead in the parks. My friend came to visit me when I was on my CP at WDW. We only had one day to spend at the parks, so we did a marathon run. It was glorious.

PopPhan
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Park Hopper all the time! I have no need, or want, to spend entire day(s) at DHS, and AK has short hours, so the PH gives me options I would not have otherwise.

Mogie
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
We always get them and take advantage of them going to no more than 2 parks in 1 day for maybe half of the days in the trip. We have actually been debating just getting the regular tickets to save a few bucks. But still haven't done it for the extra flexibility.

CU Tiger
01-25-2011, 12:04 PM
It seems every time we have bought them, we only hopped once. It is not worth the extra money for us.:mickey:

Marionla
02-02-2011, 11:05 AM
To forever a child... We usually use a one day park ticket to enter a second park on the same day. However, I am now being told that this can not be done according to persons recently at wdw. Do you have any input. Thanks

caryrae
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
To forever a child... We usually use a one day park ticket to enter a second park on the same day. However, I am now being told that this can not be done according to persons recently at wdw. Do you have any input. Thanks

The only way you can enter more then one park on the same day is with the Park Hopper option. Not sure but I think this started when they stopped having Hoppers on all tickets years ago. You can go in and out of the same park on the same day but not multiply Parks.

PopPhan
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Only if you have completely separate tickets. You cannot use multiple days from a multi-day MYW ticket to enter more than one park in a day.

The only way you can enter more then one park on the same day is with the Park Hopper option. Not sure but I think this started when they stopped having Hoppers on all tickets years ago. You can go in and out of the same park on the same day but not multiply Parks.

Technically, and more expensively, you can enter more than one park in a day with separate physical tickets, so the Park Hopper is not the ONLY way to get in to multiple parks in a day. :thedolls:

caryrae
02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Technically, and more expensively, you can enter more than one park in a day with separate physical tickets, so the Park Hopper is not the ONLY way to get in to multiple parks in a day. :thedolls:

I suppose you could buy 2 one day tickets at $82 a piece $164 total or buy a 1 day hopper for $136.

princessgirls
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I done it with and without hopping. Without hopping when cost was really a factor...I know what's another $200 and something dollars, but I am trying to stretch a budget, it's all adds up.

Here is what I like about hopping: Flexibility and Freedom, you can come and go and do whatever and go to wherever for your meals

What I have come to like about not hopping: We actually spent more time in the parks, and saw things we never seemed to have time for AND with a little extra planning on my part, ate in the park of the day, and just seemed to have an overall more relaxing day. Does that make sense???
Hopping takes time!!

I did buy the hopper option for our upcoming August trip because we are going for 10 days, and $200 factored in the whole cost of the trip wasn't that much, as we had gotten some good discounts, and for a longer amount of time, hopping is nice!
Julie:mickey:

forever a child
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM

As other posters have mentioned, no you can only enter one park per day when you choose not to purchase a PH ticket. If you decide you want to visit a second park your only options are to upgrade your tickets to park hopper tickets (you will be charged based on the number of days your ticket is.. so if you had a 6 day base ticket, you will be charged the difference of a 6 day park hopper ticket). OR you can upgrade to a Annual pass since all annual pass tickets are automatically park hopper tickets. If anyone has been able to enter a second park without purchasing a PH ticket...then either the CM broke the rules or perhaps they had other separate tickets. I have also seen some tickets that allow entry for later on in the evening that may have been available for special events and given to employees by their employers for "evening" pass visits. I have seen those kind sold periodically on ebay but I would not advise purchasing them as you have no way to verify if they are valid for use.

PopPhan
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
If you decide you want to visit a second park your only options are to upgrade your tickets to park hopper tickets (you will be charged based on the number of days your ticket is.. so if you had a 6 day base ticket, you will be charged the difference of a 6 day park hopper ticket).

The Park Hopper (PH) option is a flat fee, no matter how many days the ticket is for. I believe the current fee for the PH is $54 + tax per person. The same can be said for the Water Parks Fun & More (WPF) option - flat fee, $54 + tax.

MrPeetrie
02-03-2011, 01:11 AM
I usually try to buy APs and schedule two trips within one year. Since the first trip includes buying the passes, we usually stay at a moderate resort. Then, just before the passes expire, we schedule another vacation. Since the tickets are already purchased, if I can afford it, i'll upgrade our room to deluxe accomodations.

Tigerinvestigator
02-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I would feel so restricted without the hopper option. If I want to eat in Epcot after being in the MK all morning, I want to be able to switch to Epcot. I also think going to different parks during the day help prevent burnout in a single park!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
We always prefer to "hop"> Alot of times we like to start our days off at one park and then end at Epcot on the way back to BWV or BCV. We like having the freedom to switch off to other parks if things start to get hectic and vice versa.

ransam
02-07-2011, 01:21 AM
i always buy park hoppers. just makes sense for us. i hvae thought about just getting the passes w/o the park hopper. but i'm always afraid that i'll want to swtich in the middle of the day. i like the flexibility. and on the last day i like to move around and try to ride all my favorites at different parks.

biodtl
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
For many trips, we never had park hoppers and I never felt we needed them. Last trip, we got them, though and we did use them almost ever day we were there. We often had a late dinner, then DH would head back to the report & the kids and I would head to whatever park was still open (usually MK or Epcot).

So for us, we'll probably always get them, but if we didn't, I wouldn't feel like my vacation was any less wonderful. That said, I DO enjoy having the option and definitely use it.

Bellerella
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
We always park hop- when planning out our trip, we like to go to 2 parks in a day. For example, go to AK emh in the morning and eat lunch. Then we will head back to our resort for a couple hours, then go to Epcot for the evening and have dinner, and enjoy Illuminations. Most of what we like to do is at AK and Epcot, but we like to have the ability to spend just one afternoon at HWS and do the few things we like there, and be able to enjoy MK, but also be able to leave if it gets too crowded.

Kathy Jetson
02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
We do not like to hop. We spend the whole day at one park that has evening emh and then you still have to drag us out of there. I feel like I would just be wasteing time going from one park to another. Even with 2 whole days in the same park I still can't get everything done that I want to.:mickey:

johnO
02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
What I have come to like about not hopping: We actually spent more time in the parks, and saw things we never seemed to have time for AND with a little extra planning on my part, ate in the park of the day, and just seemed to have an overall more relaxing day. Does that make sense???
Hopping takes time!!

Exactly!

Also, as far as ADRs when you dont have a PH..What we'll do, is plan our meals either at the park we're in, or we'll try out a restaurant at one of the resorts. When we're done, we can always head back to the park we were at earlier. There's so many places to eat outside the parks, but still on property.

Mousemates
02-09-2011, 12:11 PM
We don't always park hop...but we do always get hopper tickets...just in case we want to start one place early and finish another place late.

Narawen
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
We used to buy hoppers, then the past few trips we've done one park per day. Looking at tickets for the next trip, I'm not going to shell out an extra $100 pp for hoppers.

Disney Doll
02-15-2011, 10:32 AM
I like having the freedom to hop and I always think it's something I want to have when I plan, but after really considering our park habits it's something we seldom use. More than once we've paid for hoppers and never once used that option. It's just so hard to predict and I like having the flexibility should we decide we want to hop. We did a few trips without the hopper option thinking we would see how it went and just add it if we changed our minds. I didn't really miss it. Our kids are still young so we don't do really long days which makes hopping seem less practical. We may change our minds as the kids get older.

kurt
02-15-2011, 12:51 PM
since i'm on vacation by myself i have park hopper so i can move between the parks. if i want to see something different during the visit i can.:beer:

beksy
02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
We always do park hoppers for multiple reasons. I could happily spend an entire day in one park but my mom and sister (the two people who I normally travel with) get bored in AK and DHS. For them, those are half a day parks. I enjoy having the freedom to do one in the morning, take a break, and go somewhere else in the evening. We almost always end up at either EC or MK each day. Plus, some days Mom is down for half the day so I spend the time taking my sister to wherever she wants to go to ride the rides Mom is not able to with her health issues. Other days they are both down half a day so I get to head to ToT, EE, or other thrill rides that neither of them like or just have fun going where I want to!

izy
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Park Hopper is the only way to go. Absolute freedom to go to where we want, when we want:thumbsup:

Trev&Ev Mom
02-15-2011, 08:22 PM
We always buy hoppers because whatever park we start out in, we end up in Epcot for dinner! We also like the freedom that if a park is too busy or if we feel like doing something else, we can go to another park at any time.

SandmanGStefani24
02-15-2011, 11:48 PM
wow! looking at the poll I am in the extreme minority and use the one park per day ticket. My thing is, I do one park all day. Since I am at the parks all day I can do everything I want and then some usually.

Besides the idea of going walking around more than one park a day seems tough, even for me!

Princess'Mom
02-16-2011, 12:06 AM
When we first started going to WDW, I bought PH and found out that we really didn't use them. We tend to be one park people and enjoy spending time at the resort. With MYW, I can always add a PH if I needed to, but found that we were happy saving the PH $$ for something else.

Staying on property at WDW makes me so darned happy that I don't feel I'm missing out on anything! :D

Loweschevy
02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
While we could probably get away with going to one park a day, we prefer to have the flexibility of being able to go park to park each day. It makes coordinating adrs more simple too.

disneymom2000
02-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Have to have the park hopper. I visit all the parks while I'm there but I go to EPCOT every day.:blush:

johnO
02-20-2011, 06:54 PM
The cost savings also helps us pay for the upgrade to a mod.

Taking our time hepls us enjoy our time at WDW without feeling like we need a vacation from our vacation.

iluvdumbo
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
My mom and I always get Park Hopper passes! They are so helpful if you want to go to two parks in one day. For my tenth birthday, I really wanted Mickey Ears, so we went to MK in the morning to get them and went to Epcot afterward. They are so helpful if you plan on doing more than one thing in a day or if you only want to go to a park for one thing and to go to a different park for the rest of the day.

forever a child
02-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I find it interesting that the poll percentages have remained fairly consistent as we get close to 200 votes.

4 out of every 5 voters buy park hopper tickets.

The 20% of us who do not buy PH tickets prefer the cost savings of non park hopping tickets. Some of us also really prefer to visit only one park per day.

To all of you die hard Park Hoppers out there....:thumbsup:

I am glad WDW allows us a choice.