PDA

View Full Version : Wii Question

JanetMegan
01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Hopefully someone knows a bit more about these than I do...I received a Wii for Christmas and want to buy two more remotes with the motion plus and nunchucks included. I'm seeing some on ebay and such for much cheaper of course than Target or Walmart and since these are remote for friends and to be used only occasionally I don't mind if they are not the Nintendo brand (or ship from another country.). I'm having a hard time telling if they have the motion plus with them or not though. Is this something that is necessary for my two back up remotes? (Mostly will be used for things like bowling, party games etc.) I just can't see paying $40 each for a couple of spares.

brownie
01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Some Wii games require the MotionPlus, such as Wii Sports Resort. It will depend on the games you want to play. The MotionPlus is available as a separate module that attaches to your Wii remote, so if your remote doesn't have it built in, you can always add it later. The Wii Remote Plus comes with MotionPlus built in.

WDWfanatic742
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Like said above, the possible combinations of the official Nintendo brand controllers are:

Wii Nunchuck - $19.99
Wii Remote - $29.99
Wii Remote with Motion Plus - $39.99
Wii Remote Plus (Motion Plus built in) - $39.99

I just pulled the prices off of Amazon really quick. I'm sure you can find better prices if you research. The only games that actually require the accessory are "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword", "Red Steel 2", "Flingsmash", and "Wii Sports Resort". There are about 25 other games that work with it but it isn't required for those games. So if you want to play the party games, the Wii Sports Resort that was in your system requires the motion plus for all controllers. You can get Flingsmash for $40 bucks and it includes a Wii Remote Plus with it so you basically get the game for free with the controller.

Third party controllers are okay but the most known one (Nyko) has been having trouble with the Infrared portion of it's Wii Wand+ when the pointer won't appear on the TV screen. I would say if you don't want to spend the money on the extra controllers with motion plus, you can buy the original Wii Sports and that will do just fine...

Ian
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
My recommendation is to just spring for the right stuff out of the gate. If you go cheap, you'll probably end up frustrated because they won't work right or they'll break and you'll have to buy new ones, etc.

Spend the $100 once and be done with it.