PDA

View Full Version : Imagination Pavilion - Figment movie or Epic Mickey

Imagineer1981
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I had two ideas on how to remake the Imagination Pavilion and make it a great attraction at Epcot.

Option 1 would be to see Figment get his own animated feature film and then have Disney use that to help launch a remaking of the Imagination pavilion. Figment could be a great character and i think has limitless movie potential.

Option 2 could be to base it losely off the idea of Epic Mickey, where Mickey uses his imagination and magic paintbrush to change the world around him. Perhaps the attraction could be redone to be an interactive ride, similar to Buzz Lightyear but you use your paintbrush to change the attraction around you

Hair_Razor
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I love the Epic Mickey idea! I wish you worked there!:thumbsup:

Darbylew
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds good to me.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH!!! :D:mickey:

Imagineer1981
01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I love the Epic Mickey idea! I wish you worked there!:thumbsup:

Me too, have had a few interviews but no luck :(

tazlikesrobots
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
A ride based on the Epic Mickey game is a great idea! :mickey:

forever a child
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Another vote for Epic Mickey! :number1:

Granny Jill A
01-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Another vote for Epic Mickey! :number1:

Add my vote for EM.

Frog
01-05-2011, 08:48 AM
i like the epic mickey thing too!!

brownie
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Great idea using Epic Mickey! I think it has possibilities but I don't know if it has enough draw to make an attraction out of it.

crltkcagle
01-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Hmmm or you could combine the two? Epic Mickey vs Figment. Who has the better imagination?

ransam
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
either of those would be a great 3-D show as opposed to Honey or EO.

kemps@wdw
02-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Epic Mickey would be awesome!

finaldynasty
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmmm or you could combine the two? Epic Mickey vs Figment. Who has the better imagination?

This is a great idea!

Jared
03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
If only... :rolleyes:

We'll be riding the current version of Imagination in a decade. (I'm exaggerating, but only a little bit.)

(I hope.)

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Of course, in true Disney style, we'd find out that imagination was in all of us (insert sappy ahhh) here.

But, my DD would boycott Disney if they got rid of Figment!

FriendsofMickey
03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I think both of those ideas are great! I have been saying that they should make either a movie or cartoon with Figment in it for years. My dd's absolulely LOVE Figment and miss seeing the character in the park. Each time we go back, they ask when is he coming back. (I told him that he retired).

I do not want to see Figment replaced with anything (including Mickey). Because even though Journey is not a big adult attraction, they little ones absolutely love it. I think if they made it a movie, and spruced it up some, it would be a big hit.

On the Epic Mickey front, why not add a new attraction to where the Body Wars used to be, that is empty space right?!? Or there is enough land to develop a new ride without subtracting from what they already have.

JPL
03-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I just don't see Epic Mickey having large scale appeal. I mean it's a video game available on 1 gaming platform. Had it been released to a larger market I could see it in the parks but I know personally I don't own a Wii and certainly wasn't running out to purchase it just to play Epic Mickey. While the concept is cool I just don't see it working or having any staying power in the parks.

Mousemates
03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I just don't see Epic Mickey having large scale appeal. I mean it's a video game available on 1 gaming platform. Had it been released to a larger market I could see it in the parks but I know personally I don't own a Wii and certainly wasn't running out to purchase it just to play Epic Mickey. While the concept is cool I just don't see it working or having any staying power in the parks.

while I know that we are well into the realm of extremely and remotely hypothetical, i actually think the epic mickey idea would have real staying power....first of all because its Mickey. And secondly because the enjoyment of the ride would not be dependent upon having any real knowledge of the game. A two or three minute preshow...could easily get folks up to speed in the story...and the paint (or thinner) thing would be lots of fun....kind of a TSM on steroids.

Stitch98
03-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I think Epic Mickey is a better idea because I think they should have more interactive ride experiences at Disney.:figment: