PDA

View Full Version : payine annual dues

Dyanna
01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I just tried calling this morning to pay my annual dues & the recording states that the office is still closed for the holiday. Is this actually true since I know of no other company that still has off since New Years is now over. No one else will help me. We leave for our vacation this Sat & our dues payment is due the day we return on the 15th So I would of course like to pay before we leave so I can avoid interest fees etc.

Secondly...is it still possible to pay your dues using your Disney Visa Reward Points? Luckily enough we have enough points to bay the dues & still have enough to pay for all dinning & shopping.

Ian
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Do they still send out dues statements? I haven't even gotten ours yet, although I know they're due shortly.

faline
01-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I have not received a dues statement in the mail though the dues and the due date for the dues are on the member website.

Basket Mommy
01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
We got ours on Friday - all 3 envelopes (3 separate contracts).

Ian
01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
We got ours on Friday - all 3 envelopes (3 separate contracts).Okay good. Maybe they'll come today, then.

I know I can get them from the website, but to be honest if I don't get that reminder in the mail I'm not likely to remember to pay them. :blush:

Disney4us2
01-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Mine came in the mail today.

Now for the question.. I am still new to all of this.

It shows the amount for 2011. It also says DO NOT PAY FROM THIS STATEMENT.
example:
DATE Amount
1/15/11 xx.xx
2/1/11-11/01/11 xx.xx
12/0/11 xx.xx
ANY AMOUNT OWING FOR THE PREVIOUS YEARS IS INCLUDED IN THE FIRST PAYMENT AMOUNT. (I actually overpaid and that amount was deducted from this statement.)

I originally had it set up for direct debit. There was no direct debit for annual dues in the few months I have had DVC. Did I pay all of the annual dues when I bought DVC back in Sept 2010?

Does this mean my direct debit for annual dues is finally kicking in? Can I pay it off even with direct debit at any time?

I will get the hang of this eventually. I also tried calling today. I guess accounting is still celebrating.

epceddie
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Ours also came in the mail today, with a due date of Jan. 15. I was waiting for the bill to come. Expected it to come some time in December.

faline
01-03-2011, 06:27 PM
After saying I had not received one in the mail, I came home to find that a statement had arrived in the mail today.

Ian
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Got ours today, too.

I have to say this, even though I know what the rebuttal will be ... for such a large bill you'd think they'd give you a bit more lead time than 12 days?

To send me a $1,400 bill on the 3rd and make it payable on the 15th seems a bit unfair.

So of course the flip side to that is I'm sure the info has been available online for awhile (in which case, why no email?) and I could have viewed it there because yes I know that it's due at the same time every year blah blah blah but still ...

faline
01-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I have to say this, even though I know what the rebuttal will be ... for such a large bill you'd think they'd give you a bit more lead time than 12 days?

As a new owner, I was a bit surprised by this as well. I had been expecting to receive a bill in the mail and only checked the DVC site based on information I had obtained on-line. It would seem to me that the bills should have been mailed a week or two earlier.

Hammer
01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Well, there is a 30 day grace period. Late fees are not assessed unless the payment is not received by February 14th. In actuality, you have 45 days before you are seen as late. Now if you have a trip coming up, you do have to pay before the trip.

I'll be paying mine online sometime around February 1st (after my Phillies tickets are paid on January 28th).

Ian
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I paid mine yesterday, so we're all set.

And I realize there's a grace period, but still ... my car payment has a 10 day grace period, it's a lot less than $1,400, and they give me like three weeks lead time before the actual due date.

MarkC
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
We just got ours yesterday as well, although it wasn't like we didn't know it was coming.

As to the original posters 2nd question-- you are able to use Disney rewards to pay off your dues. I did so and had a whole $11.25 left that I had to put on my Visa. That was good news. The only thing is you have to call them to pay using Disney Rewards-- no on-line payment with those quite yet. It still only took a couple of minutes. Just have your ID card and rewards card handy.

Basket Mommy
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Annual dues & monthly payments are a lot like Christmas: they come at the same time every year/month. Put it on your calendar so you don't need the 10-day warning. I use Google calendar so I can set it to be e-mailed when things are coming up.

dlpmikki
01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm lucky if I get my statement before the grace period is ended so I am very glad of the online payment option! When I had to send a dollar check to the US from the UK it was always a nervous time as I had to wait for the bill!

dlpmikki
01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
One of my dues statements arrived today. Still not got the second one. Already paid online thankfully!

Disney4us2
01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Just checked my bank statement. My annual dues was deducted along with my regular payment. It seems so painless to have it done by direct debit.

Can you pay the dues off at any time if you have direct debit?

greengeen
01-30-2011, 12:37 PM
You don't have to pay annual dues in a lump sum. You can have them pro-rated over 12 months and debited monthly. We set ours up this way in 2008 when we purchased, and now we never really have to think about it; it's only about $70 a month.