PDA

View Full Version : Late October?

forever a child
01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
So I am wondering what are the crowds are like in the parks for late October? Everyone raves about September with low crowds but I wonder if October is similar? I am not sure if free dining is still around then (not that I want it but it impacts ADR's available). What is the weather like? How are the resorts during this time? Any info would be helpful.

I am thinking of a split stay for last week of October. With 3 days at ASSports and 3 days at POR. We want to do WWoHP, MNSSHP and perhaps even book the Haunted Carriage ride. DD's 17th B-day is Oct 1st, so this would be a late B-day present. Can't keep it secret, she's on Intercot too! ;)

DD wants to dress up as Bellatrix Le Strange for HP World and I think she would probably end up wearing it at MNSSHP. She has curly hair just like Bellatix and wore this costume before at our local Halloween celebration and got a lot of comments. Doing her hair is so much fun!
Thanks!

Disney Doll
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I really like late October. In my experience it is a bit more crowded than Sept, but the weather is so much nicer. Sept is still really hot, but by late Oct temps have cooled. MNSSHP is likely to be more crowded the closer you get to the 31st so I'd try to plan that for a week night. We never do the free dining so I haven't paid much attention, but I don't think they have offered free dining for late Oct in the past. We've never had trouble getting ressies.

Basket Mommy
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
We went to Disney 10/28-11/2, 2009. We did MNSSHP on the 29th and it was very crowded. I can't vouch for the temps being cooler, because that week Orlando had record high temps (low 90s). It cooled down 15 degrees the day we left!

I think the crowds were okay, but definitely not better than when I've been in late January or late September. In fact, this last trip (9/25-9/30) I saw the lowest crowds I've ever experienced, including the times we've been in late Jan/early Feb.

I did have some trouble getting the most popular ADRs (Le Cellier, Cinderella's, etc.) but we got ADRs that pleased everyone, so that wasn't a big deal for us. I did not book the trip in time to get the 180-day window (or 90, if that was the case then), so that's probably why we didn't get the ADRs we most wanted. I have no idea if free dining was available then or not. As DVC members, we can't partake of that promotion.

I would go back around the beginning of November, but I don't know about October.

Imagineer1981
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Generally early october is better then late, but if you plan on dealing with heavier crowds around Halloween then its fine, the crowds go away quickly after Halloween is over