PDA

View Full Version : TIW Question

clausjo
01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
We'll be dining with my parents one or two nights on our upcoming trip. Me and my kids will be on the dining plan, but my parents live there and will just be meeting up with us from time to time. In addition to the dining plan, I have the TIW card. I have 2 questions about the card:

1. Can I use the TIW card if I order an adult beverage or an appetizer even though I'm using the dining plan for my meal?

2. Can I use my TIW discount for my parents' meals?

Just in case I've inadvertantly asked about breaking from any policy, that's certainly not my plan, I honestly don't know and am trying to plan ahead. Thanks everyone!

VWL Mom
01-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I've used my TIW card to treat non-family guests traveling with us and no one even asked. It was all on one check though. I guess the only problem I would foresee is if you wanted separate checks for you and your parents.

I would think the answer to your first question would be yes too but since I've not used DDP I'll leave that for someone who has.

greengeen
01-01-2011, 07:09 PM
First question, the answer is you can use the TIW for anything not covered by the dining plan.

Second question, the TIW policy states that "the discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests". You can use it if your party size is 10 or less and you are paying the check. You just can't use the discount if your parents are paying.

KylesMom
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
No problems at all in doing this as long as you'll be paying for your parents' meals. However, be very specific in explaining about what you'd like to do with your server before ordering, as they'll probably be billed as two separate orders. :mickey: