PDA

View Full Version : Fire at IOA Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls

JPL
01-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Form the Orlando Sentinel:

Rides at Universal's Islands of Adventure evacuated because of fire
An island at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure has been evacuated this evening after a fire broke out.
Flames and heavy black smoke erupted at Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, a water ride at Islands of Adventure, about 5:30 p.m., a Universal spokesman said. Two lagoons that make up the island where the ride is were evacuated, park spokesman Tom Schroder said.Toon Lagoon is there.

"We do have a fire," Schroder. "We evacuated the entire island where the ride is."

A park guest, Anthony Rosa, said he was in the Harry Potter area when he saw smoke from across the lake in the center of the park. A moment later, he smelled burning plastic.

A large crowd began walking across a bridge and away from Ripsaw Falls, Rosa said.

"It's a bit concerning," he said. "I'd definitely be second-guessing it the whole time."

Orlando fire Lt. Arnold Alvarez said no one was hurt. He wasn't sure where the fire began. An investigation is under way to determine the cause of the fire, he said.

Anyone who witnessed the fire and can provide photos and/or video, please send via e-mail to [email protected].

WDWfanatic742
01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Fire at a water ride? Now I've seen everything :D

Hope everything is okay, seems like a very weird situation...

Melanie
01-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I saw some pics. This was no small fire.

Tekneek
01-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Hope no one was hurt. Also hate that it happened to this ride. I really loved it, and if the damage is extensive enough then they might just change it. :(