PDA

View Full Version : Being single on New Years eve Bites! A rant

Disney Hungarian
12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Last week I had the bright idea of joining an on-line dating site. I was tired of being lonely and just wanted to meet some new people. After being rejected more times in a week than I have ever been rejected in my whole life, I think I may have made the wrong decision.:blush: It is amazing how mean and brutal total strangers can be.

I have never had a short-term relationship in my life. I was married when I was 22. That lasted 16 years. I dated a girl for 4 years after that. I broke up with her because we lived in different states and I could not travel back and forth like I used to before mom had her accident.

Now here I am on New Years eve. I had been invited to numerous parties. I couldn't get any one to sit with mom, but I probably wouldn't have gone anyway. I don't like going to parties alone when everyone else will be with someone. So, what do I decide to do? I get on INTECOT and whine to yall about it. Life is good with yall out there.:thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to get that off my chest!

Disney Hungarian
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I forgot to add.

Happy New Year!

BellesRose
12-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Happy New Years! I am sitting here on the couch with my mom watching a movie, so I sort of know how you feel. I understand how frustrating it is to be single, especially during the holidays. I don't blame you for not wanting to go to a party alone - I'm the same way. Just hang in there, at least you have us here on Intercot! :party:

Disney4us2
12-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Happy New Year from another single staying home. I am home by choice though. We went out for dinner. I bought some small bottles of champaign(sp), and super lotto tickets. We will play some board games and have some appetizers. The highlight of my evening will be putting air in my tires since the tire light came on....lol

We will probably try and go to sleep early since DD and I are getting up early to go to Disneyland before all the crowd shows up. Once they do, we are out of there.

Happy New Year everyone:party:

forever a child
12-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Happy New Years from another single at home. Don't care though, I am past the need to go to the parties. I used to love to and felt like I was missing something. Now I just want my laptop, some chocolate, my warm pj's and a good movie. My DD will be off to college in another year and a half...perhaps then the "single's life" will kick in again. :D But I think I still would just prefer to hang out with a few good friends, have a good dinner and movie. ;)

Dznygrl79
01-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I was in the same boat last night, I didn't even make it til midnight. I curled up with my cat and Meet the Roninsons! I am considering becoming the single crazy cat lady, I just have to get like a dozen more cats.
However don't give up after a week, I also don't like online sites I think its easier to meet people through an interest group. I found someone online last summer but he lives so far away that we have only ever exchanged emails. Happy New Year heres hoping we all have a good one!

Disney Hungarian
01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support.:thumbsup: