PDA

View Full Version : best quiet restaurant?

jiifigment
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok - if you want a restaurant for just 2 adults wanting a break from kids...where in the world :mickey: do you go? (Not Victoria & Alberts, please....too much $$$ :blush:

Thanks!

Donald
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
We enjoyed Citricos. The food was delicious!

SBETigg
12-31-2010, 03:13 PM
The wine room at the California Grill is very quiet and feels indulgent. The rest of the place is busy and can be noisy, but the wine room is peaceful. You have the added bonus of use of the fireworks viewing area. There's a lovely view of Bay Lake from the wine room. Plus, you don't have to go all out. You could just order some appetizers, flatbreads or sushi and dessert, if you wanted, and be satisfied. Children under 18, usually not allowed in the wine room.

Bistro de Paris is one of the most romantic and quiet restaurants on site if you're looking to spend some money but not to V & A proportions. I would also recommend any of the Signature dining, in that case. Also, for two people looking for a quiet, lovely dinner for less money than a Signature dining place, the Grand Floridian Cafe is a comfortable but somewhat elegant option.

buzznwoodysmom
12-31-2010, 03:25 PM
We had a very quiet meal at Grand Floridian Cafe last June. There were children there, including ours, but it was so quiet and peaceful there. We booked it last minute, called from our room before heading to MK that morning, so weren't sure what to expect. It turned out to be one of our best meals of the trip.

Basket Mommy
12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge

WRWDisney
12-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Agree with the Artist Point recommendation. But must correct SBETigg on the Wine room at CG. This is a common misconception, but every time we have eaten at CG (and we eat there every trip), there have been kids in the room. Always ares and often another tables. Also, when my sister ate there last fall (different time of year), her two girls ate there with them.

ibrowse17
12-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Agreed! Artist Point:thumbsup:

Crow
12-31-2010, 08:58 PM
AP
probly will visit it again in Feb
CG is good also.

Disnamic Duo
01-07-2011, 03:04 PM
The quietest and most relaxing and excellent dinner my wife and I have ever had at WDW was at Jiko in AKL. It seemed very adult (as in very few children), and the atmosphere was very nice for a romatic dinner. Food and service were also excellent.

Scar
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I ate at the bar at Shula's one evening. The bartender was the only other one in there. Can't get much more quiet than that.

big blue and hairy
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
My two favorite restaurants at WDW are California Grill and Citrico's

:sulley:

TheVBs
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
It's been a while since we've been there, but I remember Coral Reef being pretty quiet.

SBETigg
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Agree with the Artist Point recommendation. But must correct SBETigg on the Wine room at CG. This is a common misconception, but every time we have eaten at CG (and we eat there every trip), there have been kids in the room. Always ares and often another tables. Also, when my sister ate there last fall (different time of year), her two girls ate there with them.

They have told us that they don't allow children in the room, and I have never seen them. But the last time we were there, they tried to seat us there with our 17 yo daughter. I thought maybe she was close enough that it was okay, but maybe they've actually ended that and started letting in kids depending on crowds. It's still a very peaceful room especially compared to the bustle of the rest of the place. I don't think (could be wrong) they would seat rambunctious little ones in there, but yeah, maybe. It wasn't a misconception, but something the restaurant staff has actually told us was their policy.

faline
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Bistro seemed to attract a more adult crowd as does Citricos which is often an overlooked restaurant.

big blue and hairy
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Bistro seemed to attract a more adult crowd as does Citricos which is often an overlooked restaurant.

Citrico's seemed to have an identity crisis for a few years. They started out with their big thing being Florida citrus used in all the recipes. Apparently that didn't go over that well. Now Citrico's is a very nice very good upscale restaurant without a particular theme. It took a while for people, myself included, to realize it. Now it is one of my favorites!

mom2morgan
01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
:D
Ok - if you want a restaurant for just 2 adults wanting a break from kids...where in the world :mickey: do you go? (Not Victoria & Alberts, please....too much $$$ :blush:

Thanks!
umm...room service? :D Sorry, I'm being silly - it just struck me that NO place in DIsney (except maybe Victoria and Alberts, which I am not interested in either) is truly "quiet" or kid free. Wherever you go, request a quiet corner. one of our quietest (or at least, least chaotic) meals was Ohanas, just because we had a late ADR and were tucked out of the way. MAybe the secret is a really late ADR, after the little ones have gone to bed! Because seriously, even CAli Grill was very loud.

crltkcagle
01-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I found Garden Grill to be very quiet and relaxing. But there are characters there so that is probably out of the question. I have never eaten at WDW without children so I would not be of much help.

SBETigg
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Citrico's seemed to have an identity crisis for a few years. They started out with their big thing being Florida citrus used in all the recipes. Apparently that didn't go over that well. Now Citrico's is a very nice very good upscale restaurant without a particular theme. It took a while for people, myself included, to realize it. Now it is one of my favorites!

I thought the theme was formerly fresh mediterranean inspired American cuisine? And now it leans more toward American with touches of France, Spain, and Tuscany. I didn't know they started out with a citrus theme, but I guess that explains the name. It's an excellent, quiet restaurant choice, though, with some (very few) tables having a view of the fireworks.

AllDisney
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
My first choice would be Jiko, second would be Artist Point:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
On my last trip down to WDW, I went with a close friend to Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I could not be more deeply pleased. The food was delicious, of a high quality, and served in style and grace. This is a lovely place for just the type of dinner you mentioned.

Enjoy your trip.

greengeen
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
:D
umm...room service? :D Sorry, I'm being silly - it just struck me that NO place in DIsney (except maybe Victoria and Alberts, which I am not interested in either) is truly "quiet" or kid free.

I have to agree... don't get your hopes up. We've had chaotic, noisy dinners surrounded by screaming children at Artist Point, Yachtsman, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Jiko. Even when we seated in a "quiet corner" (at Yachtsman).

Cinderelley
01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
We adults have had great experiences at the Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's and Shula's. We have been to the Flying Fish several times. The others only once. Depending on what kind of food you like, I would recommend the Flying Fish or the Yachtsman Steakhouse most. Loved Raglan Road too, but it definitely isn't "quiet".

Mogie
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Jiko is our favorite. Its dark and quiet and the food is outstanding. A little pricey, but not as bad as V&A's.

I think if you make a late reservation like 9:00, you will have most of the restaurant to yourself and all the attention in the world from the staff.