PDA

View Full Version : Disney 2010

waymickey
12-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Last day of 2010 - what was your favorite memory at Disney this year?

I'll go first- Being the flag family at Wl , the view was incredible and having my family there was great. The breakfast on the 7th floor was awesome too. :mickey:

Mousehead35
12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Going to my first Stars Wars Weekends back in May. It was an incrediable time!

forever a child
12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Choosing one is hard....I have 3; running around at MK in the rain in May and the park became very empty (we had a blast!), running around at MK during EMH's this December when the wind chill was below 30 (we loved it despite the cold) and last but not least...watching my DD enjoy her first filet mignon at LeCellier this Dec (she loves steak!).

Somehow MK during off weather times seems to be a blast for us! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Being able to squeeze a trip in between jobs after such a bad year!:thumbsup:

Just like Mousehead35, we attended our first Star Wars weekend and LOVED it!!

tarkin
12-31-2010, 12:04 PM
1. Driving (almost)straight through from Windsor, Ontario.

2. Running through an entirely empty queue at Pirates and getting a boat to ourselves with my son by himself in the front row.

3. Sci Fi Dine In Theatre

4. My first time on Splash Mountain

5. My first time on Space Mountain since I was 10.

DisneyFr33k
12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Going to MK (last Tuesday of October) and having the park be practically empty for half the day! We were amazed walking around Frontier Land with no one around! Strange!

PrettyMinnie
12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Somehow MK during off weather times seems to be a blast for us! :mickey:

We agree! We experienced heavy rain, but still enjoyed the parks while most people crammed in the shops on Main Street, the walkway through the Castle or simply left the park.

disneydad153
12-31-2010, 03:03 PM
1.Spending our 15 year wedding anniversary
with our 2 daughters.
2. 1st time eating at Cinderellas Royal Table
3. Going twice for the 1st time with our
1st stay at Kidani-June and 1st stay at Bay
Lake-October:mickey:

BigThunderFan
12-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Spending my birthday in the Magic Kingdom and our first ever stay at Wilderness Lodge! Wish we could afford it every time!

Gator
12-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Getting my own "death scene" at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. That was so cool. I've seen it many times, and always wanted to be the "guy who took 6 bullets". I hammed it up real good - "ROSE-BUD!":drama:

Getting selected as king in the World Showcase Player's Holy Grail show was a close second. :D

KennyandKim
12-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Seeing my kids faces when they first saw the castle. Being chosen as family of the day at Epcot on our first trip and being allowed to ride Fast Track all by ourselves before anyone else was in line. We rode it twice. AWESOME!

crltkcagle
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM
So many but probably Dh sneaking out while we were napping and buying me a mickey mouse ring. We were celebrating our anniversary while there and this was his gift to me!

WishesFan13
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Dh and I went on our 1st full week dvc vacation at bcv & i was pregnant with our first baby. We took some great pictures of us and the belly in our favorite photo locations. Looking forward to our son's 1st trip in 2011, great times.

Disney4us2
01-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Wow....

For me it was trying a lot of new restaurants.

Discovering new resorts.

Osbourne Family Lights

Riding Dinosaur for the first time:thumbsup:

Trying to keep warm....brrrrr

Gregandmel
01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
We went in late April this year and stayed to see Wishes one evening at MK. We inadvertently ended up on the backside of the castle and enjoyed seeing what we could of the fireworks, then waited for the crowds to leave before we wandered back to the front entrance. We were able to walk through Fantasyland with absolutely NO ONE except the street sweepers there and it was really dark with all the lights off - it was a full moon outside and it was sooooooo cool!!! It was an unexpected experience for us!

Daisy'sMom
01-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Just spending time at the parks with the people I love and watching them enjoy themselves.:mickey:

KatrinaJ91
01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
This year was the first time we have ever gone for Christmas! It was truly magical!!

jlm71wdw71
01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
This was the first year since 2000 that I didn't make it to WDW. That explains why it was such a difficult year, I think. I'll make up for this in 2011. I want my favourite memory to be the New Year's Eve fireworks at Epcot.

Ian
01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Mine is definitely huddling under the newly purchased blankets in the freezing cold with DD8 and DS4 and watching Candlelight Processional.

It was cold for sure, but it was just so inspiring and beautiful that we didn't care.

Well ... except DS. He hid under the blanket the entire time and didn't see a lick of it! ;)

snowflakegirl
01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
For me just going at all was pretty memorable. 2010 was my first trip since a pretty bad time in my life where I let a lot of things that I loved become tainted by what was going on in my life. So my 2010 trip was about reclaiming my love of Disney and sharing it with my best friend (and boyfriend) for the first time.

Specifically memorable moments, however were:
1. Watching my boyfriend turn into a child with giddy excitment.
2. Coming back to our room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge after a long day of travel and time in the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks, picking up a bottle of wine to have a quick sip on the balcony before crashing (we'd been up since 2am) and then spending 2 hours on the balcony because there were 6 giraffes within 100 feet of our room.
3. Having a Backstage Safari tour with just 4 people (including us) and our guide.
4. Having a savannah view room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (first time there) when we were expecting a standard view.

:mickey:

brivers222
01-03-2011, 12:24 PM
driving straight through from Detroit, Michigan

First trip together for my Fiance and I

Celebrating our Engagement anniversary at Cinderella's Castle

deciding that Disney is where we want to spend our honeymooon in 2011

lettripp
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Definitely a toss up:

1) Getting stuck on Splash Mountain and getting to walk backstage to get off
2) Walking around MK with my sister while Wishes was going off and hearing the POTC CM say "Come for cover! Listen to the cannon fire!"
3) Celebrating being Engaged at WDW and getting complimentary champagne and strawberries at Coral reef

This year's Honeymoon is sure to bring more fabulous memories :-)

Brettracie
01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
In January 2010 on our last night we had dinner at Artiste Point and the Sous Chef Matthew personally prepared us the most amazing vegetarian meal. He took our menus away and said "You won't be needing these". He talked to us to find what we liked and then personally served us the best food we've ever had. Then we went to Magic Kingdom extended hours till 1 am. The park was practically empty. What an amazing night! I will always remember this night.

mainemajor
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I was only able to be at WDW for one day in 2010, being in town for a conference, but what a day. I spent the afternoon at MK. It was packed, but I did everything I wanted to do. Got a Dole Whip, fastpassed Splash and saw the parade. Returned to hotel for dinner, returned in the evening. After the fireworks the park emptied out. Suddenly there were no lines for any ride except Space Mt. Didn't have to get off Spash to ride again, same with BTMRR. Rode Peter Pan for the first time in YEARS, since there was no wait time. Had a blast on Jungle cruise with all of 5-6 people and our captain who was having a blast. Park was suppose to close at midnight, but for some reason it stayed open until 1 am. No, it was not an extra hours night, just a Magical one.

lovinmesomedisney
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Being fortunate enough to go 1,000 miles to Disney World three times in one year, one of those time to celebrate my birthday. :mickey:

finaldynasty
01-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Take my oldest, DS 8, on "big kid rides" i.e. roller coasters at MK with PF after PF, by ourselves while DW and daughters did "the princess, girl thing" as he puts it.

I really, really enjoyed our time together and his favorite ride now is Space Mountain and not Everest!

:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
One thing I forgot to mention, was that my DW and my oldest DS were finally able to celebrate their birthdays at WDW.

SpecJoe Magic
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Finally eating at Beaches and Cream after talking about doing so for several years. It exceeded my expectations and is now one of my favorite places to eat at WDW. It just so happened to be the last trip for only my wife and me before our daughter was born.

kemps@wdw
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Being Family of the Day (again) @ Epcot and having our family photo w/ALL the characters at Epcot. If only we'd all had Santa hats...what a great Christmas card that wouldv'e made!