PDA

View Full Version : Haunted mansion???

jaredkari
12-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Was just at MK on Dec 26. At HM there are walls up covering the cemetary in the line? We saw wood structures sticking up. Anyone know what is going on?

waymickey
12-31-2010, 09:06 AM
they are creating a new interactive line like at Pooh. At least that is what I heard.:mickey:

Strmchsr
12-31-2010, 09:29 AM
As above, there is a new interactive queue, but they are also expanding some areas to make HM more handicapped accessible. If I understand correctly, wheelchairs will no longer have to go in the exit, but can go through the regular line. No details have come out yet as to what this new queue might look like, but it appears the cemetery, at least as we know it, is gone for good.

forever a child
12-31-2010, 09:36 AM
As above, there is a new interactive queue, but they are also expanding some areas to make HM more handicapped accessible. If I understand correctly, wheelchairs will no longer have to go in the exit, but can go through the regular line. No details have come out yet as to what this new queue might look like, but it appears the cemetery, at least as we know it, is gone for good.

Oh no! We loved the cemetery! We loved reading all of the headstones and watching the eyes open. It just doesn't seem like the interactive queue will fit in with the "old" feel of the manson.:(

I do think any improvements that help those in wheel chairs and scooters to enjoy there time is a great idea, that is one thing I love about Disney is that they do seem to make it to where those with disabilities can enjoy the attractions and the parks too.

Figment!
12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
From Tidbits September/October 2010 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=175352)
Nothing to Dread, but Dread themselves

10/6/10 A few semi-confirmed statements reported by those who have reportedly seen or been involved with the changes to the Haunted Mansion queue:

New elements will be added to the existing graveyard area and a small new queue area.
The elements will be interactive in the sense that the April 2010 test was (ie no Spaceship Earth-esque touchscreens)
"Most" of the epitaphs will remain.
The changes are aimed to better incorporate the graveyard into the attraction's story (more so than its current incarnation).
The new items are intended to have "whimsical macabre" feel.

10/5/10 Based on the apparent success of the test this past April, construction has begun to add permanent interactive elements to the Haunted Mansion queue. It has not been reported if the interactive elements will be similar to those tested or not, although the the new elements will reportedly replace much if not all of the existing graveyard. Construction walls are currently up around the affected areas of the queue, but a launch date for the new queue has not been reported. So far, there have been no reports of the construction affecting those queuing for the attraction.

4/28/10 The Haunted Mansion has temporarily added an interactive element to its queue themed to the lost fortune of the Dread family. The themed element is a Mausoleum wall etched with images of departed Dread family members. If Guest's listen closely to each etching, the Guest will hear a whispered clue relating to the location of the fortune of family patriarch Jacob Dread. Once a Guest has listened to all of the clues, they should be able to figure out the fortune's location on the Mansion grounds. This test is expected to be operating from 11 am - 3 pm, but may be active for only a short period of days.

lindique
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know when the new queue will open?

Strmchsr
12-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know when the new queue will open?

I haven't seen any new on the timeline at all - official or rumor.

lindique
12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your quick reply, Chris.

And, by the way, I really appreciate all the work you do to post the weather forecasts! Happy New Year. :mickey:

Strmchsr
12-31-2010, 08:39 PM
And, by the way, I really appreciate all the work you do to post the weather forecasts! Happy New Year. :mickey:

Thanks! Happy New Year to you, too!

BellesRose
12-31-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm really trying to save my judgment until I see it for myself, but it's so hard when everything inside is screaming "If it's not broke, why fix it?!"
I always get a little paranoid when it comes to my favorite ride :blush:

Melanie
01-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I can't wait to see what they do here, because when we took a few pics over the walls a month or so ago, there was NOTHING there. The area had been cleared completely. Hopefully they are just expanding the queue and putting the graveyard back in, along with the new elements.