PDA

View Full Version : Food court prices??

mom2morgan
12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I was just looking at an "at a glance" chart on another website where they rate the food courts and give a Dollar Sign amount to indicate how expensive they are. I was very surprised to see a real variation between food courts, even in the same resort class. We've stayed at POR and they have that indicated as $, but Old Port Royale at CBR is $$$ and even the food courts at Pop look more expensive, rated $$. Is this accurate, do you think? If so - wonder why the difference, and why people don't mention "cheaper food" as a reason for staying POR or more expensive food being a con for POP

forever a child
12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I think the prices are pretty standardized, IMHO. I don't think the prices are that different from place to place...there are some exception but I don't feel like there is a lot of difference.

fatboy
12-31-2010, 01:13 AM
It could be because of Shutters, the full service restaraunt is there. I am pretty sure everything else is in line with everyplace else. I would not worry too much about it.

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Sending you a private message.

kakn7294
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
From what I remember though, food court pricing runs pretty much the same throughout all resorts. I think the rating system of the website you looked at may have more to to with selections offered than actual pricing. Some places offer selections that aren't found anywhere else or offer a larger variety of options than the average food court.

LVT
01-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I think the rating is an overall average. POP seems to have a wider assortment since it is a large cafeteria.

crltkcagle
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I find it to be pretty much the same everywhere even in the parks. I don't think it would be very smart of Disney to charge more at one place than another. If people caught on to that they would no longer eat at the more expensive place.