PDA

View Full Version : Which Tours are best?

FenwayGirl
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Looking for some reviews on tours that are offered at WDW. We (2 adults) would like to do some kind of tour during our May trip..any advice:secret:

Strmchsr
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
We've done Behind The Seeds, Behind the Steam Trains, AquaTour, and Divequest. Loved all of those. Divequest was my favorite as you get to see behind the scenes of the Living Seas and 45 min diving in the aquarium. Aquartour would be #2 as I did that one with my son before he was scuba certified.

kakn7294
12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
The only one we've done is Behind the Seeds but the whole family loved it. It's hard for us to schedule tours because the whole family can't go - 2 daughters are under the age limits for most tours and get furious if we even suggest going without them!

waymickey
12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Keys to the Kingdom tour is very good. Sent my Husband and daughter on this tour and they loved it. A lot of history of the park as well as the underground. Lunch included, they had a good time.

FenwayGirl
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
do you remember what the cost was for this tour (Keys to the Kingdom)

Strmchsr
12-30-2010, 04:02 PM
do you remember what the cost was for this tour (Keys to the Kingdom)

It's $70/person and MK admission ticket is required.

FenwayGirl
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Does this tour come with lunch?

Strmchsr
12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Does this tour come with lunch?

Yes.

samanthastanky
12-31-2010, 01:36 PM
I've done a few tours. I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom, but I LOVED the World Showcase Segway tour. That's one of the best things I've ever done at WDW. It was a ton of fun and is something that not too many people get to do.

What I did not enjoy was the Behind the Steam Trains tour. My husband and his family are all train nuts. I am not... while some of it was interesting, overall it was not for me.

snowflakegirl
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
On my last trip in August we tried the Behind the Seeds tour and the Backstage Safari Tour. I absolutely loved both of them. If you're a fan of the Animal Kingdom, I would definitely recommend this one. We got to see a rhino and an elephant both up close and personal in their night barns. We got to learn a lot about how they run AK, see where they feed the animals, and got to be "on stage" in Rafiki's Planet Watch to see a veterinary procedure done. Also you get a private safari with just your tour guide and tour group to end out the tour, allowing for more stops and discussion of the animals than the typical safari. Behind the Seeds at the Land was also a lot of fun.

brownie
01-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I've done a few tours. I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom, but I LOVED the World Showcase Segway tour. That's one of the best things I've ever done at WDW. It was a ton of fun and is something that not too many people get to do.

What I did not enjoy was the Behind the Steam Trains tour. My husband and his family are all train nuts. I am not... while some of it was interesting, overall it was not for me.

I just did the Around the World at Epcot Segway tour and it was great! I'll add a second vote for doing this one.

mimi78
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Third vote for the World Showcase Segway tour. We've did it the first year it was offered (2004 I think) and have done it 2 other times since. It's a great way to experience the WS and the Segway is so cool!

leighe
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
We've done both the Segway and the Keys to the Kingdom and loved both! I especially loved the peek into the wardrobe room where all of the costumes are kept underground. I took my sister on the behind the scenes toor at AK and it was also very good. I wasn't expecting it to be all that interesting to me (my sister was applying to vet schools) but I really enjoyed it.