PDA

View Full Version : strange computer issue

Jeri Lynn
12-30-2010, 10:45 AM
HI,
I am hoping someone can help me. I am having a problem with my computer. It only seems to be with the AOL screen. I have no problem opening up internet explorer.

When I click on AOL to open it up, it does not appear on my computer screen, the icon shows up on my task bar and when I click on it it seems like the AOL sign on screen is somewhere open but off the monitor screen lost in space on the right side. I have right clicked on the icon in my task bar to shut it down and you can see the aol screen come shooting down from out of site to shut down the icon. I have restarted my computer multiple times but it does not fix. I recall this happening before but I do not know how I fix it. It just seems like the AOL window wants to be left in outer space.

Any advice? thanks!

DizneyRox
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Open AOL
Press [Alt] + [Space Bar]
Arrow down to Move
Press [Enter]
Now, use the arrow keys to move around and then move the mouse, I think the window will now be on the mouse pointer. It's important to use the arrow keys first.
Drag it to where you want it, then close it. Windows SHOULD retain it's new position on the screen going forward.

Not sure what causes this, but it's a pain.

Next, look at getting rid of AOL, but that's another issue.. :-)

Jeri Lynn
12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
thanks DisneyRox, before I saw your post I was so frustrated I restored my system to an earlier date and that fixed it.

Whenever my kids use my computer we have issues!!

delaford321
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Glad your problem got fixed, happy new year everybody! I hope that we'll see some awesome scientific developments this year. no more computer problems in 2011!

brownie
01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm glad you were able to fix the problem with AOL. From your post it looks like you're still using Internet Explorer. I'd recommend using Google Chrome (my preference) or Firefox in lieu of Internet Explorer. They are faster and have been more secure than Internet Explorer.