PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a room/paying points??

Disney4us2
12-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I am staying with my friend(also a DVC member). We are sharing a room at OKW for 2 nights before moving into separate studios at AKL.

Is it appropriate to offer to pay my share in cash. Like $10.00 per point? What is the going rate for rental.

I have very limited points to work with, but want to compensate for using my friends points. She does not have a small limit like I do. I don't think it would be fair, for me not to offer her something for using her points.

Thanks for the input

TheDuckRocks
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Did she have to use more points for you to be in her room than she would have if you were not with her?
If she did I would offer to pay the $10 per point extra that she had to use.
If she did and refuses your offer or if there is no additional cost, I'd just give her a great big "Thank You" hug and say lunch (or dinner or breakfast or something else) is on me today.

Disney4us2
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Did she have to use more points for you to be in her room than she would have if you were not with her?
If she did I would offer to pay the $10 per point extra that she had to use.
If she did and refuses your offer or if there is no additional cost, I'd just give her a great big "Thank You" hug and say lunch (or dinner or breakfast or something else) is on me today.

It is the same amount of points. At first I suggested paying out of pocket for CSR and share the room. She said "I will just use my points so I don't have to pay". Since it was my idea to add a couple of days I don't want her to think I am sponging off of her. I may give her a gift card with the amount I would have given her for the room with a nice thank you card. Just another idea.

kakn7294
12-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd at least make the offer. If she turns you down, you can go with a clear conscience that you made the effort. Maybe treat her to dinner somewhere. In August, we shared a 2 bedroom villa with friends who asked us to pay $900 for the 8 nights. I don't know what that worked out to in the way of "rental" fees. All I know is that it was much cheaper than it would have been to pay for a stay at a Deluxe resort for the same time period. We were happy with it!

MinnieMommie
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
It seems like you have a good relationship with this friend and will be able to offer her something without her getting offended. One option would be to calculate the amount of points it will be to stay at OKW for one night based on how many points it is on that night of the week times what DVC charges members per point (I recall that members can buy up to 25 points a year at $15 a point. Someone please correct this if it is inaccurate). In this way you would be able to pay for one night without using points.

If your friend insists on using her points for both nights the gift card is a great idea as is taking her out to dinner some place nice. Maybe you could make the reservation in your name and surprise her.:mickey:

lovin'fl
01-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I calculated the points being used for those 2 nights. If I have your info correct, I have you staying in a studio at OKW on 7/28 and 7/29- Thur and Fri and that comes to 33 points. You should take care of 16-17 of those, so that would be about $160-192 (I think points rent for @ $10-12/point). You could get her a Disney gift card.

MyDisneyworld
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
We are short on points for our next trip so we will be buying some from a friend for $9 a point. We researched a few sites that sell points and most were selling for $9 - $12. If the points were going to expire within a few weeks some sell them for $7 a point.
The gift card or buying a nice dinner is another great idea. Who would pass up a great dinner at Disney. Enjoy.......