PDA

View Full Version : Dole whips

markyv
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
What is the big thing about Dole whips? What are they? Where are they found?

kakn7294
12-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Dole Whips are fruit-flavored soft serve. At Disney World, they serve pineapple and orange at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at MK and at the Polynesian resort. I love the pineapple Dole Whip float with pineapple juice - can't wait to get one in 21 days!

Altair
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
IMHO they are very over-rated, good but not a don't miss item.:mickey:

teambricker04
12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Dole Whips are fruit-flavored soft serve. At Disney World, they serve pineapple and orange at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at MK and at the Polynesian resort. I love the pineapple Dole Whip float with pineapple juice - can't wait to get one in 21 days!

I'm envious... I have a while to wait! It is one of my favorite treats! I love the float too. I didn't realize they have the orange at the Aloha Isle, but I have gotten it at the place next to the Tiki Room.... I don't even know the name of it. To me they are the perfect hot weather vacation treat!

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they dairy free?

BigThunderFan
12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Dole Whips are just a little slice of heaven in the MK... DW and I were just talking this morning, if you could have any snack right now, what would it be? We both put Dole Whips at the top of our list. Of course she gets the Dole Whip Float... :number1:

UCJen
12-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I always split one with my husband when we go. They're lovely on a hot and humid day.

I don't know if I've imagined this or not. But I remember Dole Whips being more sorbet-like and less soft serve in texture. This was back in the mid-80s.

Does anyone else recall this, or did I totally fabricate ths memory? :-o

lettripp
12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
On a hot day, they are the perfect WDW snack :-) I'm partial to the vanilla pineapple twist myself!

rafiki fan
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Dole Whips are one of the main reasons my wife likes to be at MK. I agree sharing is a good thing especially on a hot day. They can melt quickly. The are so refreshing compared to other treats. Will have one soon I hope. :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
01-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Dole Whips are just a little slice of heaven in the MK... DW and I were just talking this morning, if you could have any snack right now, what would it be? We both put Dole Whips at the top of our list. Of course she gets the Dole Whip Float... :number1:

:high5: 5 days till I can dive into that little slice of heaven!

LudwigVonDrake
01-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I love me some Dole Whip :tasty:

McLiberal8
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I always split one with my husband when we go. They're lovely on a hot and humid day.

I don't know if I've imagined this or not. But I remember Dole Whips being more sorbet-like and less soft serve in texture. This was back in the mid-80s.

Does anyone else recall this, or did I totally fabricate ths memory? :-o

There is vanilla soft-serve, chocolate soft serve, and the frozen pineapple whip. You can get them swirled, or with just the pineapple. I would call the pineapple whip closer to a sorbet - I don't think it has dairy unless you get it with the ice cream.

Personally, I like the pineapple float, with a vanilla/pineapple swirl. :)

Sylvia
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
My personal favorite is a pineapple Dole Whip with a fresh pineapple spear - great light lunch or snack on a warm day. :thumbsup:

Gator
01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Dole Whips are good. But Pineapple juice/vanilla ice cream floats are way better.

PlutoPlanet
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Dole Whip is our favorite dessert in WDW. While waiting in line for a Dole Whip at MK, someone told us that in Facebook, Dole Whip is the favorite Disney dessert.

Donald Duck
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Just got back from Disney a few days ago.

I had a Dole whip from Adventureland and one from the Polynesian.

Both were excellent !

:mickey:

sainter
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Dole Whips are good. But Pineapple juice/vanilla ice cream floats are way better.

I totally agree!!! :thumbsup: