PDA

View Full Version : Parades & Fireworks Spots in January

Dakota Rose
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I have severe crowd anxiety. :crazy: LOL.

When should we stake out seats for either parade at MK, Wishes or the AK parade?

We'll be there the last week of January. I know crowds are supposed to be lighter than normal, but I'm really, really paranoid. :crazy:

cuteduck223
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
we'll be there the next week, so since we won't be fighting for parade spots :secret: :

We usually find that about 45-hour before the electric light parade works well if you want to be in front of the castle or on main street. We usually stay then for wishes-but the crowd thins some.

The fireworks are really great anywhere you have a view of the castle. We have tried over near tomorrowland, and in adventureland just off of the parade route (smaller crowds for parade viewing).

Have fun!

bopeepfan
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
My mom says that the train station seats to see wishes are not to crowded but you have to get those seats 3 hours in advance.

BigThunderFan
12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Last year in January we got our seats in Liberty Square for Spectro about an hour before. It was packed all around us. We then went to the bridge to Tomorrowland for Wishes which was a little less busy, and you get to see Tink fly right over you! :thumbsup:

Gator
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM
It's strange, but parade space always goes fast, but that's not the case with the fireworks. I have yet to get a good seat for SpectroMagic - mainly because I'm eating dinner and by the time I get out, the parade route is loaded. Maybe one day I'll get a good spot. :)

Dakota Rose
12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Okay. Good feedback. I don't care so much where we end up for the parade, as long as we can sit on a curb.

Good tip about fireworks. I forgot about Tink flying overhead. DD2.5 will LOVE that!

Gator: that happened to me last time we were there. Dinner took waaaaay longer than I planned and Spectro started before we were done. I remember grabbing DS (who was then 18 mos) from his high chair and running to the parade route. I cried during the parade because there were so many people standing in front me I couldn't see anything but the top of the floats. DH caught up to us and put DS on his shoulders. I just bawled.

teambricker04
12-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Ugh... I'm with you! I once got trapped in a mob when I was 6mo pregnant with my youngest. Never again! I was actually scared.

We like the bridge cloeset to the castle that goes to TL (Cosmic Rays) right under where Tink flies at MK for fireworks! There are benches and if even that gets too crowded (I have never seen it crowded there, however) there is a path down to an area with benches or tables closer to the water.

:mickey:

KennyandKim
01-03-2011, 01:56 AM
On our last trip for Wishes we were lucky enough to get a table outside of Crystal Palace. We were lucky on the parades and were able to walk to the curb and watch. My DH has trouble standing for that long period of time sometimes because of his back so next time we will try to get a spot on the curb so he can sit