PDA

View Full Version : Is Fantasmic! ever gonna add days?

Gator
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Sometimes, I just want to hang those Disney execs up by their thumbs. It's been two years (right?) of showing Fantasmic! only 2 days a week. Yes, yes, I know they add an extra show when the parks are busy. But they're not adding one when I'm there. My big beef is that if I want to see it, I have to flex my schedule around just two days of the week. That means everyone is doing it, too. And that means Sundays and Thursdays are way too packed at DHS.

Didn't they start doing this when American Idol started? I can't say I'd miss it if AI went away - especially if they added 2 more days of Fantasmic! I mean, I go to WDW instead of driving to DL because they had 3 parks with fireworks everyday (not 2 days a week like DL).

C'mon guys. It's been two years. Time to bring it back to everyday use.

Twinsowner
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I agree completely!! American idol is a flop! I am sure they will never admit it but from what I saw on my last trip noone cared anyhting about it. Fantasmic on the other hand had a line all the way back to the front gate for the 8pm show. It was insane. They could easily add more days for it.

faline
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think I've bothered to see Fantasmic since they went to the shortened schedule. It just hasn't been worth it to me to plan around that schedule.

badkitty
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't think I've bothered to see Fantasmic since they went to the shortened schedule. It just hasn't been worth it to me to plan around that schedule.

I agree. I tried once with my sister. Couldn't get in to the first show after waiting quite awhile and stayed in line for the second. I thought hearing the show while in line kind of ruined the experience when we actually got to see it. It is just too stressful to try to make it to the show with the rest WDW population. Even with the dinner package, you still have to wait in line and DHS is so crowded.

DizneyRox
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't think it'll happen. Even in the summer months, it was very limited. Sometimes they had two shows on the night it was playing, but adding another night would be too much money. Since they already have the crew on that night, adding another couple hours to their shedule is weay different than gearing up the theater for another night.

I'm afraid that people skipping it because it's too much on an inconvenience is going to give them reason the change the whole venue. To something more automated and lighter on the entertainment admin costs. Entertainment CMs are paid at a higher salary than a "normal" CM...

Gator
12-30-2010, 07:56 PM

I know what you mean. Our last trip in January, we decided to have low crowds vs Fantasmic! We loved it. But since Star Tours and Playhouse Disney is down, we decided we'd go just for Fantasmic. That, and the kids were upset about not seeing it. Don't know if it'll be worth the lines, and hopefull the Diner Package will help me get a seat.

forever a child
12-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Fantasmic is a must do for me! :smickey: We waited in line 45 minutes (our longest wait other than Candlelight Processional) and it was worth it to me. Great seats, great weather and a great show every time! It just wouldn't be a Disney trip to us without seeing it. Now I can skip Epcots Reflections of Earth anytime. I find it quite boring. :bored:

eandrsmom
12-30-2010, 08:55 PM
We haven't seen it since they reduced the number of shows. My DD11 still remembers seeing it when she was younger, and has asked if we'll see it this trip. I'll have to see how it goes. I just can't justify lining up so early to get a seat, then having to deal with the huge crowds who are all exiting at the same time. At least at MK, we can eat an ice cream after Wishes and watch the "Kiss Goodnight" while waiting for the crowds to thin out.

Red Randal
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I was wondering why the juicy fruit they had 2 shows booked for the downtime of downtime when I'm there Thursday 1/13. Didn't bother checking out the rest of the schedule to see that it's only scheduled one other time that week.

Are the 8pm crowds unbearable all the time now? Because I was looking forward to some short lines between 6-730 and then just strolling into the later Fantasmic. Not the case these days?

AllDisney
01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
It's tradition for our family to begin & end our vacation at DHS to see Fantasmic. With the limited shows we don't do that any more but make sure that during our vacation we do see the show.

We'll continue to do the dinner package to make sure this happens. I DO wish they would increase the number of shows, but I don't think that will happen.

Altair
01-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Can you imagine the heat the poor Customer Relations CM's have to take over this? This must be the number one complaint of Disney Guests. I don't see how a company that does not complaints at all can withstand this.:(

SpecJoe Magic
01-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I think the limiting of Fantasmic showings has created a huge crowd problem at the park on days that it shows. Disney either needs to figure out a better way to handle it or to replace it with something more accessible to more guests that is also of equal quality. It is a tall order to be sure but I believe the long term success of the park depends on it.

bdm@pga
01-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Just there over the holidays and the 6:30 show was to capicity...more than standing room only...they actually turned people away and closed the gate...however, the 8 o'clock show wasn't full.

I thought I read somewhere that they are getting ready to phase in the "wonderful world of color"....did anyone else hear that?

KylesMom
01-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they are getting ready to phase in the "wonderful world of color"....did anyone else hear that?
Well, I just made my Fantasmic! dining package reservations for July - guaranteed with a credit card - so it would shock me if an imminent change to World of Color is in the works . . . .

I also noted that they currently have 4 nights per week scheduled, instead of the limited 3 that they've had the past two summers.