PDA

View Full Version : offsite guest avoiding EMH days

Allenfow98
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I am wondering if anyone has an opinion about whether to stay away from the parks that have EMH on that particular day, if we are visiting from offsite and cant use the perk.

bopeepfan
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I would because EMH tend to make the parks more crowded.

forever a child
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

:welcome:

I would avoid parks with evening EMH's, especially MK. The morning EMH's seem not to have as big of an impact, IMHO. But others may feel differently.

MOJoe
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
From everything that i have read, any park that has an EMH, morning or evening, will be more crowded that when it does not have EMH. So if you cannot take advantage of the extra hours, being an offsite guest, avoiding the EMH park makes sense.

And welcome! :mickey:

crltkcagle
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
It depends on what time of the year you go. In September its a lot less crowded than in August or December.
We always take advantage of EMH and this is what we find to be true. A lot of guest show up for EM morning hours stay for a bit then leave. The parks usually aren't that crowded in the afternoon mainly because most people have taken advantage of the morning hours and have gone back to the hotel for a swim or nap. Now EM evening hours are a bit different. We find that the mornings aren't as crowded but the afternoons tend to get more crowded the closer it gets to park closing. My DH is one of those who will show up at rope drop and make us stay during EM evening hours till 2 am. So we have a good bit of experience with this. If I were you I would probably stay clear of the parks offering EM evening hours but possibly look into those offering the morning hours. Have a great trip!

Victor Kelly
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Morning in September were only slightly more crowded. Evenings were mobbed beyond belief.

CaptSmee
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
If you are staying off site...avoid them at all costs, or apply my tour strategy. Hit them opposite the EMH's. IE: If Magic Kingdom has pm EMH's, go to Magic Kingdom during the day, and hop over to Epcot during the evening.

Silver_Surfer
12-29-2010, 03:46 PM
ok, I guess I'm the only person in the entire world that doesn't know what EMH stands for. Please:confused:

BigThunderFan
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
The Extra Magic Hour perk available to WDW Resort guests. One park each day will be open either an hour early, or up to three hours later just for guests of a Disney resort (excluding Swan & Dolphin I believe).

I avoid them at all costs, even though we stay on site. I apply the strategy of going to the park that had the late EMH the night before, it has always worked great for us! :thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
I totally forgot about EMH for our January trip b/c we are staying off site.

I had planned to do MK on 1/24 which I just learned is EMH PM for MK. I chose 1/24 because the MSEP is running that night.

But if it's going to be crowded, I may re-think that.

Any ideas what I can expect in terms of crowds on a January EMH PM night at MK?

KennyandKim
01-02-2011, 02:38 AM
On our first trip we stayed offsite and avoided the park that had PM EMH. The crowds seemed to get bigger as the regular closing time grew closer.