PDA

View Full Version : no hot tub at poly?

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
why is this? We are going down in march and cant decide between poly or the boardwalk.Boardwalk has 2 hot tubs and looks like a better pool area 2. this one detail might keep me away.With a 7 and 11 year old I think I might have to soak my bones after a couple days in the world.Why wouldnt one of the most expensive resorts on property not have a hot tub or two?

SBETigg
12-28-2010, 04:38 PM
The end of the Volcano pool features a bench area with warm water jets, which is supposed to help make up for lack of hot tub (but does not). Or, you're welcome to make the short walk up the beach to the GF spa and use the hot tub there. If you're looking for a break from the kids and won't want to soak with your spouse, this is a lovely indulgence. You have peace, you're in a single sex spa because the hot tubs are located in the separate male and female locker rooms. There are lockers, shower facilities with spa products, comfortable robes, fruit, water. But the downside is that it's a walk away (short walk), indoors, and no couple soak togetherness.

Basket Mommy
12-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I have 4 kiddos (ages 6-12) and we LOVE the Boardwalk simply because of the pool. The slide is amazing. I love the Beach Club, but I cannot see the kids going to the beginning of the slide. At the Boardwalk, I *can* see them climbing every stair to get to the slide. I also love that it's a smaller pool area so I can see the kids from the hot tub. And, the Leaping Libations bar is right there at the pool, so an "adult beverage" is close by if I need one ; ) My vote is for Boardwalk!

Edit: I know you didn't ask about Beach Club, but I was using it as an example. I've never stayed @ the Poly and probably won't since we're DVC members.

cather74
12-28-2010, 07:31 PM
The Poly is so great you won't even need a hot tub! have a Lapu Lapu instead!:mickey:

Dream'nDisney
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Believe it or not, the "no hot tub" is why we won't go back to the Poly. I love the resort, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever that a delux resort wouldn't have at least one hot tub. YC/BC has three at the main pool, and one at each of their quiet pools, not to count the huge one in-doors in their fitness center. :thumbsup:

Patricia
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Love the Poly for a visit, but having no hot tub or standard king rooms has kept us from staying there.

Granny Jill A
01-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Believe it or not, the "no hot tub" is why we won't go back to the Poly. I love the resort, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever that a delux resort wouldn't have at least one hot tub. YC/BC has three at the main pool, and one at each of their quiet pools, not to count the huge one in-doors in their fitness center. :thumbsup:

Oooh - hot tubs - making "people soup" - yummy!

After finding out what lives in those hot tubs, I wouldn't stick a toe in them. Especially those shared by a bunch of strangers.

I run a HOT bath in my room and soak the sore spots. Not as glamorous, but certainly more sanitary.

TheRustyScupper
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Why wouldnt one of the most expensive resorts on property not have a hot tub or two?

1) It is historical and cultural.
2) Polynesia does not use hot tubs.
3) They use volcanoes.
4) Thus, no hot tub at the Poly.

:cool:

kcrc
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Oooh - hot tubs - making "people soup" - yummy!

After finding out what lives in those hot tubs, I wouldn't stick a toe in them. Especially those shared by a bunch of strangers.

I run a HOT bath in my room and soak the sore spots. Not as glamorous, but certainly more sanitary.

Oh my... I am right there with you... I have a hot tub at home. I put so many chemicals in I'm surprised I have skin left. I don't know that I could really share a hot tub with that many people...

LiloLovesTheKing26
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I know it seems silly it's but this is the only reason we don't go back to the Poly!!! I wish they would reconsider!!!!!

Dream'nDisney
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
We have a hot tub at home too and absolutely love it. Disney monitors the chemicals in not only their hot tubs but their pools as well. We just always rinse off after our use.

As far as being cultural, I think they could theme a hot tub that sits on top of a volcano or something. Disney is great about theming, so I don't see where it would be a problem. I mean, I doubt a swimming pool with a basketball hoop is cultural to Hawaii either, but the Polynesian Resort has that.