PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge September 2011

KennyandKim
12-28-2010, 12:54 PM
We are planning a trip to WL in September for our twin DDs 16th birthday. Our first trip was off stie, second was POR and now we have decided to stay at WL. We fell in love with this resort after eating at Whispering Canyon last year. We are planning to stay Club Level. Very excited about this trip. We decided our next trip would be where we want to stay and how we wanted to stay. This will likely be our last trip that includes our children for a while.

Any ideas on making their birthdays special being 16? I know they need to get the birthday button. Any other things we can do that won't cost me a fortune? I do plan to have something special delivered to the room with them.

faline
12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
You might want to check out this information on celebrating birthdays at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp).

Be sure to note the celebration on your room reservation. If you are staying club level, the folks there will handle all your dining and special event reservations for you. Be sure they note the birthday celebration on each reservation they make for you!

yensid retlaw
12-29-2010, 08:51 AM
When you check in, ask about the morning flag ceremony. If they still do this, they have one family each day go to the top of the WL to raise all the flags. Great view and unique experience. Free. Just ask at check in since it's first-come-first-served.

finaldynasty
01-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I would recommend dressing up in Sunday Best and taking her for a grown up dinner in Artist Point...

KennyandKim
01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. We are planning to have family photos taken while we are there as well. I will definitely look at the menu for Artist Point. We may take a limo ride from the airport to the hotel. They really want to go on a limo ride. If I do that can we still use ME to return to the airport for our trip home?

finaldynasty
01-12-2011, 09:53 PM
From my understanding, you can still use ME. YOu would just need to let them (WDW) know that you only need a return trip.

PetefromRI
01-13-2011, 08:02 AM
We have taken a Limo there and ME back to the airport many times.Your gonna love the WL.Get her a spa package for her 16th,the spa is located right there.

pox24
01-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Here's something neat. You can hire a WDW photographer for up to an hour for a private photo session. They will give you hotel choices, one of which is the WL. My wife and I had it done last year for our anniversary and it was worth every penny. They make a non copyrighted CD for you can reproduce each photo any way you want. I belive it cost us
$80.00. We had over 100 shots taken. The concierge can make the appointment for you. The Flag Family is also a great idea too.

KylesMom
01-14-2011, 10:16 AM
The Flag Family is also a great idea too. Couldn't agree more. Make sure upon check-in you inquire if they have an opening during any day of your stay. It's a really great honor to lift the flags atop the lodge, say the Pledge of Allegiance & see the Disney property in all its splendor from the roof. A great photo op for a birthday trip, and the price is right! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Ask about "Flag Family of the Day" @ the WL. Great experience and OUTSTANDING view! Also, the Keys tour is an option now that they're 16. They'll get extra-special treatment from the CMs if they have their b-day buttons on. And if you're all early risers, be @ the gates 1st and you may get picked for the park "Family of the Day" and get excellent perks with that as well. Happy b-day (early) and have a great trip!