PDA

View Full Version : Watch your room charges after you get home

elmjimmlm
12-27-2010, 01:55 PM
We just got back a week ago from a great trip but have had an experience that I never anticipated...
We had free dining this trip and with one CS the cast member was having problems charging our credits...She told us that she was going to over ride the system to get it to charge...
We always have our tips, purchases etc. charged to our room and if its not over $1000 then it is charged at checkout...
When we got home and I was checking my card statement I noticed 2 charges from Disney...1 for the amount we charged and another that I wasn't aware of...I called Disney to ask about the charge and spoke to someone that asked me if we had eaten at Pinocchio Village Haus? I told her yes and we were on the free dining and she asked me if I was aware that we had 6 CS credits left? I told her what had happened with our meal and she told me that was where the credits didn't charge and that I would be refunded the amount in 5-7 business days!!!
I am still waiting for 66.00 I paid for my free meal so maybe this will be an example of why you should check your charges after you get home...

ChipDale2708
12-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I won't give my credit card at check in to do room charging. We almost always book through AAA and have the trip paid for long before arrival. One year I gave my card and upon check-out I was charged for the trip in full by Disney. The unfortunate thing on my part was I was sick at the time of check-out and didn't look at my statement until we were already home. It took several months to get it all straightened out. Wasn't a pleasant experience since it tied up that credit card. Good lesson - always double check everything before leaving property.

Zawadi
12-27-2010, 05:35 PM
We usually leave a credit card at check in, and charge incidentals to the account, but then the day before departure settle the majority of the account with cash / travellers cheques. This tends to work for us, avoiding large currency exchange fluctuations.

However one year, we took an amount of cash down to the desk to pay off the account but instead of clearing the account the girl actually charged the credit card with the amount and also kept the cash. We were walking away and suddenly realised what she had done.

elmjimmlm
12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I had my charges hanging on my door the morning we checked out and the dining charge was not on it...I wasn't charged that until Mon. after when we checked out on Sat....I'm glad that was the only charge...I can't even imagine being charged twice for my vacation...That must have been a nightmare...

Joannelet
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for this info!!
I have also heard the restaurants in Italy having problems with the dining plan. My parents had a big discrepancy there and then I had met someone else saying how much trouble they had at a restaurant with the dining plan and I asked them did the restaurant happen to be in Italy in Epcot and she was shocked that I knew it!!
Just be careful there...it's not coming up correctly on their computer at times....and they seem to not know what they are doing with it.....and charges end up going on your acct. that shouldn't. You should always check your charges before leaving the resort and especially if you get charges after your stay.

PrettyMinnie
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We don't usually leave a card and are very careful with what we are being charged for, but this just shows you that incidents happen and you have to always be careful, not just on WDW property.

Skippy
01-09-2011, 09:21 AM
The resorts are switching over to the new reservation system. We ran into a problem at the All Stars in November (All-Stars was one of the first to get it, and we were lucky enough to be there the first week).

The last day of checkout after 11A, any of the food credits that were on an account without a credit card were locked out. We spoke to the desk and they said to pay up front and Disney would reimburse (unless I wanted to eat at the food court and they would take care of it...but we wanted one of the downtown disney restaurants).

I scanned and emailed my receipt and the KTTW card and within three days they credited my card.

Not a huge deal, but a kink it looks like they're still working on.

Ian
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
This is really good advice. I never leave a Disney resort these days without giving our bill a thorough once-over first.

Disney's "systems'" (whatever that means, but they sure get blamed a lot don't they??) seem to be very error prone, especially when it comes to billing.

One thing that is definitely magical about Disney is the way erroneous charges seem to show up all the time on your bill. ;)

I've had Internet charges show up on my bill incorrectly, valet parking charges, double charges for meals, servers charging me for the 18% mandatory gratuity even though I left it in case on the table and lined out the amount on the check, and the list goes on and on.

The truth is, I think the CM's do whatever ends up being easiest (or the most lucrative ;) ) for them and often times it results in you paying the price. Check that bill before you leave the resort!

BluewaterBrad
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I have logged 183 nights on property with 168 of those nights with a "Key to the World" card charge. (Yes, we kept all of the final bills) Sorry, I have never had a unauthorized charge. Maybe we are just lucky??:mickey:

KennyandKim
01-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I know on our last trip we ate at Ohana's on the DDP. We left cash for the tip but also had the tip charge to our card. That night the servers made almost 75.00 off us. Never again. I will do whatever I have to in order to make sure they don't do that on tips again. I was a waitress of 9 years so I know how they typically work for their tips but that was ridiculous