PDA

View Full Version : Boma or T-Rex?

Dakota Rose
12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Odd choice to make, I know.

But at the end of our AK day, we're going out to eat as a family (6 adults, 2 kids).

DH & I have been to Boma. None of us have been to T-Rex.

mom2morgan
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
How old are the kids? With that many adults I'd be tempted to say Boma - I consider T-Rex (like Rainforest) to be kind of wild and crazy and best for kids. I'd also prefer to go over to AKL and shop or look around a bit, rather than heading back to DTD .But it might be fun to try someplace you haven't, as well!

forever a child
12-26-2010, 06:34 PM
I have never been to T-Rex but I have been to Coral Reef and Rain Forest Cafe, so T-Rex seems the same to me and I just don't have an interest. That being the case and the fact that I loved our meal at our first visit to Boma's, I would choose Boma's. But I agree...visiting a new place is always fun too.

ElenitaB
12-26-2010, 08:25 PM
As you're going as a family, I'm guessing that maybe conversation would be part of the plan. T-Rex is kinda loud. If you're not convinced about Boma, maybe someplace in DTD? (My personal choice would be Boma with a walk around AKL before or after dinner.)

Hair_Razor
12-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Another for BOMA I've been to both and think T-Rex is a little to commercial for my taste. I think Boma is more "special" and only a Disney treat!

LudwigVonDrake
12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I've never eaten at Boma. T-Rex is okay food-wise. The nachos are delicious :tasty: You're basically eating at the T-Rex for the atmosphere.

Crow
12-29-2010, 01:22 PM
ok Ill just answer based on these 2 choices but I would go to another place.
Ive eaten at both. Boma isnt bad, pricey for some and diff things to choose from. the location is out of t way but if your goin to AK its close.
Trex i ate at last trip on t first night. wont go back as food & service werent that great. fiancee thinks t food there got her a little sick.
so Food Boma,price..toss up. atmosphere Boma cause the AKL is nice. and it would b a lot closer for u

Funforall
12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
T rex is actually my son's favorite. We were surprised at how good the food was compared what we expected

hoop de do
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
T-Rex

NJGIRL
12-29-2010, 07:01 PM
While I thought T-Rex was good, I like Boma much more. I think it's more relaxing. T-Rex is cool to see but it is loud.

BiloxiMom
12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
T Rex has better food, but it is so loud. So. Loud. My kids have requested Rainforest on our next trip. We couldn't even talk to each other across our table, and we're NOT a quiet family!