PDA

View Full Version : Quicksilver Limo - Magical Journeys

TexansInNY
12-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Starting off knowing how pro MJ many on here are. This is my second time to have used them and I see now when oush comes to shove we need to remember they are a business andm in my opinion, act like one too. The first time we used them was perfect as nothing came up.

This time there were no issues until we had to leave a day early. My chromosome disorder autistic child had issues and we went to the front desk - no problem they said - contact MJ upon my return to have them request a refund for the last day.

Of course I send Wendy an e-mail who says they are mistaken and I need to call the manager at WL to get the refund. You guessed it, the manager there today says she doesn't know what she is talking about and now I have to call a different number tomorrow.

Of course, Wendy and MJ were more than content to throw it back at me to take care of and, let's be honest, they couldn't do anything any of us cannot do - I sent them a pin code that I could have just as easily used on my own. They are a travel agency and, like any other, seem eager once they have their share to make me take care of footing the differing parties pointing the finger. FOrtuantely, I am a business man too and thank God that I am not dying for the 500 bucks I now have to coordinate the finger pointing to retrieve.

In this day of internet and IPads it is a good reaffirmation that magical name or not they are still just a travel agency.

Now for kudos. Gregory and Quicksilver. We always use them and take their limo. Now here is where a business that doesn't have people knocking on their door because of intercot earns their stripes. By our contract, Gregory could have charged me for the limo ride a day early to the airport, and I would have accepted it for my son and because it is in their contract. He did not. One trip the driver was late, and he credited me on the next trip. Well done Gregory and Quicksilver!

With regard to the trip, it was awesome! WIth a child such as mine you take the good with the bad, ignore others when there is a meltdown and praise God in the end for the wonderful memories you bring back! This is the most important thing and always will be - love it love it love it! The GAC was awesome - side note e-mail me if you want info on the GAC or thoughts about what to do / not do with your special needs child understanding each omne of our precious angels are unique - and that's just the way we like it! ;)

Tink1
12-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I am sorry you had to cut your trip short, for any reason.

From what I understand of the situation, the desk told you to contact us for your refund of the last night on your package.

Since we never touch your money, we never have your money. If they send the money to us, you can be certain I will send it to you!

All accounting is done on Disney's side for your safety, and ours. On packages without trip insurance, Disney's standard policy is there are no refunds, but in circumstances the resort can override that and send a request to asking that it be returned due to __________ reason. It has to be generated from them.

Wendy advised you to contact the WL since technically we are not able to access your account once check-in occurs. Since you contacted her on Christmas Eve, the accounting Dept is closed until tomorrow, so there was no way for her to get this information until then.

Had you emailed her and told her what the WL manager said she would have then told you that we will be calling accounting on Monday to see what the status is with the refund from your departure on the 18th

Patience is necessary on holiday weekends unfortunately.

Nanci

Tink1
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh, an if you can contact Wendy and let her know why you left early, that will help her as well.

Nanc

PopPhan
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
TexansInNY - All of your resort problems - refunds, rebookings, etc. - should have been taken care of at the resort desk, NOT through Magical Journeys.

The day before our September trip, my brother-in-law's mother went into the hospital, in critical condition (she passed away the day of our arrival,) and they could not accompany us on the trip. All was handled, very satisfactorily, at the resort desk.

You should have asked for the manager at the resort, as they would/should have taken care of the situation immediately.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
This really puzzles me, because I booked a trip with MJ at the Contemporary for a week. After only three days, the trip was so bad that I inquired about leaving early, and the CM at the front desk said they would refund my money back to my credit card for any days not stayed, as long as I checked out prior to check-out time for my last day.

The CM at the front desk was mistaken in directing you to MJ for a refund. That CM could have handled that right then and there, at least for the room charges. I am not sure how things would have worked if you also had the dining plan, but in either scenario I can't imagine any way that MJ could have helped in this circumstance.

If you have a situation prior to your arrival, it is true that only MJ can access your reservation, but the moment you check in, your on Disney's watch.