PDA

View Full Version : Presents!

Melanie
12-25-2010, 10:01 AM
So, what did everyone receive....Disney or otherwise? :tree: :santa:

Believe it or not, I only got one Disney item, and it's Haloween related! lol The Jim Shore Hitchhiking Ghosts figurine. :hmghost:

Otherwise, I got a new gold necklace, some DVDs, and some baseball items, my favorite of which is a cute Rays purse to carry to the games. Love it!

So let's hear it! :candy:

Nascfan
12-25-2010, 10:25 AM
THE gift I got this year was Toy Story Mania for the t.v.!!! It's so cool! It hooks up to the t.v. similar to a Playstation or Nintendo and had 3-d glasses too. I am SO EXCITED! Also got a couple awesome c.d.'s double movie pack of Glory/Patriot, nice Bowling Green State University Dad sweatshirt from my wonderful daughter, couple nice sweaters for work (office is an icebox), and miscellaneous stocking stuffer items. It was a GREAT Christmas!

Itchy
12-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I got a box of rocks and a lump of coal. They never wear out.....

My biggest present was the recent trip to Disney World with my lady friend, who could ask for more..

Merry Christmas everyone...:mickey:

Disney4us2
12-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Santa :santa2:came last night and brought a lot of goodies.

DD got several Wii games (Spore, Michael Jackson Experience, Wipeout), a few DS games, Mickey Mouse Robe, Toys Toys Toys, a few tops.:santa3:

I got a larger George Forman Grill, the Shark :shark:steam mop:mop:, electric can opener (our old one is way over 20 years old), slippers and a hair dryer. I know... so functional, but I have had Christmas since July with two new camera's, a D&B sketch bag.... you get the idea.

My father got functional stuff too.... a new robe, bathroom rugs, towels, a new bedspread comforter.

Our big one was my trip with DD to WDW for her birthday (12/4) and Christmas.

Hope Santa brought what you wanted... he sure did here.:santa3::stock::gift:

MNNHFLTX
12-25-2010, 12:18 PM
You got that Jim Shore figurine, Mel? That's great!:thumbsup: Have you seen any of the new Jim Shore Nutcracker Disney figurines? They're really cute! Maybe I'll put those on my wishlist for next year.

I got a new Disney snowglobe--first one in several years. Plus pajamas, slippers and a Cuisinart Griddler, which I wanted to replace our older model George Foreman grills which I can't stand. It's very cool and I'm sure I'll be trying it out today.

Tinkerfreak
12-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Got a really cute Coach backpack to carry when traveling and in the parks. I love it. My hubby has such great taste.
We are also going to Disney at the end of next month. Can't wait!:cloud9:

SBETigg
12-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I got a gorgeous opal bracelet and a new case for my iPad that has a built-in bluetooth keyboard, love that. I can't write for prolonged periods on the iPad screen keyboard so this makes it far more functional for me. Also, a new Wii and Wii Fit (from my son, because he wants to take our old Wii to college with him), and some concert tickets to see Gaelic Storm in March. They put on a tremendously fun live show. I'm very happy and would be even without all the stuff. I love just being with my family for the holiday.

Our Disney items, on sale from the Disney site: a stuffed yeti, surprise for my husband. For my daughter, a talking stuffed dog from Up (can't recall the dog's name) and a stuffed Jack Skellington.

RedSoxFan
12-25-2010, 07:15 PM
My Christmas present that I loved the most was watching Christopher (DS23) anchor the morning news this morning at 6am and 9am and due the local updates on The Today Show. This was his first time anchoring and he did a wonderful job. He said it was lots of fun. Tomorrow he goes back to reporting!!

forever a child
12-25-2010, 07:30 PM
My Christmas gift this year (to myself) was my recent trip to Disney (first December/Christmas trip!) Which I loved! I also bought myself with Christmas $ from my family a new WDW sweatshirt with the matching hooding back pack. I got the mustard yellow one and my daughter used her Christmas $ to buy the matching pink one. Didn't see too many people wearing them in wdw and we got lots of compliments on them. Also bought be the D&B brown Mickey wristlet. Got my daughter a green one! She was so surprised to open it this morning! I got her a cute Stuffed Tigger key chain and some fluffy Disney socks, a Disney Mint Tin and some Disney Character Pins for her stocking. So overall...we had a very Merry Mickey Christmas!:santa:

SBETigg
12-25-2010, 09:32 PM
My Christmas present that I loved the most was watching Christopher (DS23) anchor the morning news this morning at 6am and 9am and due the local updates on The Today Show. This was his first time anchoring and he did a wonderful job. He said it was lots of fun. Tomorrow he goes back to reporting!!

How cool! That must have been so fun, Tracey. :thumbsup:

PrettyMinnie
12-26-2010, 12:15 AM
DD got several Wii games (Spore, Michael Jackson Experience, Wipeout), a few DS games, Mickey Mouse Robe, Toys Toys Toys, a few tops.:santa3:

The kids in our family got DJ Hero and Just Dance 2. We are dying to try out the Michael Jackson Experience though. How is it?

Also, I got a gorgeous white winter jacket. Nothing to do with Disney but I still love it! :santa3:

Dulcee
12-26-2010, 09:18 PM
My Christmas gift this year was an....

ENGAGEMENT RING!

In front of our families and friends on Christmas eve my DBF of 4ish years proposed. This was truly my most magical Christmas ever.

citizensnoopy
12-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Lots of stuff!

Jim Shore Princess Minnie figurine, Pinocchio on DVD, Michael Jackson: The Experience for the Wii, 30-Day Shred (Jillian Michaels), "Michael" (new Michael Jackson album), Disney Parks DVD set, DVD of WDW special from the History Channel, UCLA shirt, Mr. Coffee iced tea maker :mickey:

Disney4us2
12-27-2010, 02:49 AM
The kids in our family got DJ Hero and Just Dance 2. We are dying to try out the Michael Jackson Experience though. How is it?

Also, I got a gorgeous white winter jacket. Nothing to do with Disney but I still love it! :santa3:

She played it at her friend's house. They got it as well. The lost interest, probably because they started with the difficult setting. Kids... go figure. I didn't get to see it yes. DD is stuck on Spore Hero.

Disney4us2
12-27-2010, 02:53 AM

ENGAGEMENT RING!

In front of our families and friends on Christmas eve my DBF of 4ish years proposed. This was truly my most magical Christmas ever.

Congratulations:congrats:

Goofy4TheWorld
12-27-2010, 07:55 AM
All I got was the credit card bill! :ill:

disneyboundagain
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
My favorite gift was one of my least expensive. It is a tee shirt with a large pic of Dr. Doofensmirtz, and around the pic is has "Trust me -- I'm a doctor". I wish I would have gotten two, 'cause this one is going to be worn out by the time we go to DW in Feb. (45 days!!).

faline
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM

ENGAGEMENT RING!

Congrats! And best wishes!

faline
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
My favorite gift is a Nook Color e-reader!

IloveDisney71
12-27-2010, 12:44 PM
I got a Kindle. I'm an avid reader so it took me a while to decide if I could get away from holding a real book but book storage was becoming a problem so I took the plunge and asked Santa for a Kindle. :santa2: I got some Kindle gift cards & I got a Mickey zip-up hoodie.
My students know I love all things Disney so I got several Disney related Disney gifts from different students: a Mickey snuggie, a Mickey planner, and a Mickey & Minnie Christmas bell.

coloradowendyl
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
My kids gave me a priceless gift! The thoughtfulness of it meant even more than the gift itself! They went and had candid portraits of themselves taken and framed them for my desk! To quote my college aged son "now you have me even when I am not home"!

Wendy

Ian
12-27-2010, 06:27 PM
My favorite gift was one of my least expensive. It is a tee shirt with a large pic of Dr. Doofensmirtz, and around the pic is has "Trust me -- I'm a doctor". I wish I would have gotten two, 'cause this one is going to be worn out by the time we go to DW in Feb. (45 days!!).Oh man ... I gotta get me one of those!! If I could get a "Doofensmirtz Quality Bratwurst" shirt, that would be even better. ;)

I tend to give a lot more than I get at Christmas since, well, I pretty much buy whatever I want during the year. But I did get a lot of great stuff anyway ... got four books I've been wanting for awhile (a couple Stephen Kings, the new Grisham, plus a couple of market research books I've had on my wishlist forever). I got some gift cards, the complete DVD box set of M*A*S*H (the Martinis and Medicine edition ... very cool!), Beatles Rock Band for xBox (yes I'm 41 and I play xBox :blush:), some clothes, another xBox game, and a couple other things I'm forgetting I'm sure.

But my real gift is seeing the faces of DW and the kids when they open their gifts ... Santa was very good to everyone in my house this year.

Tinkermom
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
My kids gave me a priceless gift! The thoughtfulness of it meant even more than the gift itself! They went and had candid portraits of themselves taken and framed them for my desk! To quote my college aged son "now you have me even when I am not home"!

Wendy

How awesome!!! What great kids! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
12-29-2010, 11:21 AM

ENGAGEMENT RING!

Congratulations!!:party:

That is AWESOME!!!

MY DH got me a 32" flat screen for our bedroom and a few small things that I asked for like my favorite Clinique skin lotion, and he did get me a cool hat and scarf set, and a Crock-Pot. I guess I need to learn how to cook in a crock-pot....LOL!
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!
Julie:mickey:

teambricker04
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't really get too much for Christmas, and I mostly like to give presents.

This year! My parents usually send a TON of presents. To the point, I am telling them to save the money they spend in shipping by not buying my family so much. Grandparents, in my mom's opinion, are suppose to spoil grandkids so I let them :)

This year, I was a bit surprised to see only one present for me and one for DH when the box came. She finally listened! When we opened them on Christmas, to my surprise, was a nice sized check so we could buy whatever we want... well guess what, we are using it to take a trip to the BC next August! HOORAY! I am so very excited :mickey:

PS... Our DSs (ages 6 and 3.5) don't know yet! I think we are going to wait to tell them, but not too long because we are going to teach them to save their spending money :)

NotaGeek
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I got a great present this year -- I spent the whole weekend laughing, making a great dinner and spending 3 full days with my new boyfriend of about 3 months. He's a keeper. :thumbsup:

faline
12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
I got a great present this year -- I spent the whole weekend laughing, making a great dinner and spending 3 full days with my new boyfriend of about 3 months. He's a keeper. :thumbsup:

Now that's in keeping with the real spirit of the holiday!

TheDuckRocks
12-30-2010, 12:17 PM
My favorite gift as always is the times we get together as a family. But as for presents under the tree my favorites were a great framed photo of 3 of my grandkids, Epic Mickey for my Wii and for this 67 year old kid a..........Crayola Crayon Maker. Haven't used it yet as I need to go out and buy new ones to peel, chop up and make 'em.:blush:

Dopey's Girl
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
My best gift was 2 solid days of fun with my 19 month old neice. She's the best, and anytime I get to spend more than an hour a day with her, it's heaven!

The best thing I got to open was a Kindle...I've been downloading books and reading so much, that I haven't even been on intercot!

delaford321
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I got Disney's Epic Mickey for Wii. Wonderful. Thanks Disney... and Wii i guess