PDA

View Full Version : Should Epcot add Tron 3D?

Gator
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Just reading a post about MuppetVision3D and thought about the other 3D shows. At this point, I'm thinking they should scrap Honey I Can't Believe This 3D Film Is Still Here. Even replacing it with Captain Eons Old is kind of a let down. Tron is a Disney original and it definitely would fit well with Future World and the Imagination Pavilion. And with the recent movie, why not?

SandmanGStefani24
12-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it would fit in well at Epcot or the Studios. A new attraction at either park (especially Studios) would be a nice much needed change.

DizneyFreak2002
12-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I think Phineas and Ferb would be a better fit in Imagination Pavilion than Tron... While I hope Tron does come to WDW in some manner (hopefully a great E-ticket ride), I am not so sure Epcot is the place for it... Personally, I think a Flynn's Arcade building facade on one of the streets in DHS is a better place... Even Tomorrowland is a better fit for Tron... Epcot? I am not sold...

3Cabsfan
12-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry but Phineas and Ferb belong at DHS as well. Epcot has been ruined recently by placing the wrong characters there!!

DizneyFreak2002
12-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry but Phineas and Ferb belong at DHS as well. Epcot has been ruined recently by placing the wrong characters there!!

Wrong??? Phineas and Ferb uses their Imagination to create inventions... Yep, using your imagination has nothing to do with the Imagination pavilion... Silly me...

Living Seas pavilion was DEAD before Nemo was placed in there.. So tell me how fish, you know the under the sea animals, have nothing to do with um the SEAS????

Epcot hasn't been ruined by placing characters in there... Epcot was ruined by keeping the name FUTURE WORLD.. The future becomes the past very quickly now-a-days... Disney's best bet: End Future World and just called it Discovery World.. makes 1,000 times more sense... Especially since TDO refuses to spend money on, you know, keeping Future World futuristic...

Please, tell me what characters have ruined Epcot????

PopPhan
12-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I think Phineas and Ferb would be a better fit in Imagination Pavilion than Tron... While I hope Tron does come to WDW in some manner (hopefully a great E-ticket ride), I am not so sure Epcot is the place for it... Personally, I think a Flynn's Arcade building facade on one of the streets in DHS is a better place... Even Tomorrowland is a better fit for Tron... Epcot? I am not sold...

Why not just turn DisneyQuest into Flynn's?????

DizneyFreak2002
12-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Why not just turn DisneyQuest into Flynn's?????

Actually... GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Spruce it up... works for me... And hold ElecTRONica outside of Flynns... Ahh, if only we worked for TDO...

Gator
12-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Please, no Phineas and Ferb at Epcot. Man is that a get-on-your-nerves cartoon. I think Tron is a great fit. If you watched the new movie, you'd get it fitting into Future World.

PopPhan
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Please, no Phineas and Ferb at Epcot. Man is that a get-on-your-nerves cartoon. I think Tron is a great fit. If you watched the new movie, you'd get it fitting into Future World.

It just doesn't look like Tron: Legacy has the "legs" to support its own attraction. The box office takes are already dropping, to the point that it may not make it 'into the black.'

Much like the original Tron movie, this one seems to be the type to have a 'cult' following, rather than being a Disney staple.

Goes4FastPass
12-27-2010, 04:06 PM
It just doesn't look like Tron: Legacy has the "legs" to support its own attraction. The box office takes are already dropping, to the point that it may not make it 'into the black.'

Much like the original Tron movie, this one seems to be the type to have a 'cult' following, rather than being a Disney staple.

Exactly right and I'm for adding attractions to Epcot that appeal to all ages, especially kids. Original Tron and Tron Again had limited audiences.

Gator
12-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Exactly right and I'm for adding attractions to Epcot that appeal to all ages, especially kids. Original Tron and Tron Again had limited audiences.

Well, who asked you, ya stinkers ;) I'm not looking for things that appeal to everyone. I'm looking for things that appeal to me. Sounds selfish, but they already have the The Seas with Nemo for the kids, Living with the Land for the aged, and Universe of Energy for those who like to sleep during the day.

I want an attraction that is cool for boys. The MK has all sorts of things for girls - maybe Epcot should be more of a boy place.

kemps@wdw
12-29-2010, 10:29 PM
hmmm...aTRON 3-d...outstanding idea! :thumbsup:

laysan
12-30-2010, 10:44 AM
hmmm..(as well) how about a tron 4-d...need a room that changes from 2-d to 3-d world. ....ride a light bike...(think dinosour, indiana jones or test track but with 3-d glasses)...then a light disc war (from the safety of your seat (think buzz light year ride meets kinex or whatever that new thing is called.. ) take out the 3-d programs!!!

brownie
01-01-2011, 06:34 PM
As long as they replace Captain EO...

forever a child
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Tron was boring. I had to fight to stay awake. :bored:

Gator
01-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Prepare to de-rezed. :cool:

crltkcagle
01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
We haven't seen it yet. I think we will wait till it comes out on dvd

forever a child
01-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Prepare to de-rezed. :cool:

I think it already happened to Disney's movie "Tron." :pixie: :sorry:

forever a child
01-01-2011, 10:24 PM
We haven't seen it yet. I think we will wait till it comes out on dvd

I want my $ and my time back!

JabberJaws
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Actually I would be VERY surprised to see any major theme park open up a new traditional 3-D show in the future. Given the commonplace nature of 3-D now w/ big screen movies and even 3-D TV, the novelty just isn't there.

That's not to say 3-D technology won't be used, I just see it being used as more of an immersive secondary element in an attraction (think Spiderman at IOA) than a main attraction.

That being said, I think Tron: Legacy would be the PERFECT brand to leverage for a major e-Ticket attraction.

laysan
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree that 3d is too common to be an attraction of its own anymore. but something similar to spiderman meets toy story mania was what I had in mind. that being said...doesn't seem to have the draw for the masses based on response in box office and even here on the board.. Maybe they can make one for just me! Manning the turrets for the final battle!!!

Imagineer1981
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Actually I think Tron could be a great fit...just because the movie isnt POTC doesn't mean it can't be something the parks can build off. The technology of Tron and the futuristic ideas are what make it cool and could create a great attraction, whether its a 4d film/ride or whatever.

Also my family loves Phineas and Ferb, alot of people do, but if you are going to dedicate a major pavilion at Epcot to a film, I don't think they could support it, nor could Tron. Imagination Pavilion needs to expand upon the main star, Figment!!!!!

laysan
01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Cool! I like your attitude. not every ride to movie makes a good movie but they still are great rides/attractions. ...hmmm....country bear jamboree and haunted mansion? anyway...I guess I wasn't really thinking tron would fit in epcot either. more appropriate for dhs...and someones idea of a flynn arcade que would be awesome...but I might just stay in the line and play donkey kong all day..... ;)

All for it..... :D

Frog
01-05-2011, 08:41 AM
i love how creative you guys are... and i think either tron or phineas would be an improvement over what is being called an "attraction" in that pavillion right now...
I say GREEN LIGHT something!!

kemps@wdw
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
ABSOUTELY!!!:thumbsup: