PDA

View Full Version : Places you just can't help but take a nap at while at the parks?

forever a child
12-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, I don't know why but as much as I want to stay awake for the whole thing (really) I always fall asleep during Carousel of Progress! I love it (well what I have seen of it) but I can't stay awake! I think the seats are too comfortable!

Now the Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey...the only thing I think that place is worth is for a short nap! I like that it's completely dark and I just take the headset off and relax.

I have tried to nap in It's tough to be a Bug, but it doesn't work. I can get a short nap in during Voyage of the Little Mermaid (but again, I like the show so I prefer not to) and I never fall asleep during Philharmagic.

So where are some worth while napping grounds during your days at the parks?
It's funny how 15 minutes of :sleepin: will perk you back up!

Disney Hungarian
12-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy is my 45 minute power nap. Love that ride!:mickey:

Ian
12-23-2010, 08:01 PM
There's five that do me in every time ... Carousel of Progress, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, American Adventure, Hall of Presidents, and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

And the thing is, I like all five of them! It's not like the bore me ... it's just the sitting down and resting and the darkness ... makes me :sleepin:

rubato
12-23-2010, 08:16 PM
My husband slept through anything that lasted longer than 5 minutes on our trip in January. He was on anti anxiety meds for claustrophobia (only way he can do Disney), and since he never takes them, they just kept knocking him out. We have suggested he take a 1/2 dose this coming trip. ;)

Victor Kelly
12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
All of the above for me.

ILoveLegos
12-23-2010, 08:45 PM
France - I love the music and the movie, but by the time I usually reach this nice, dark, air-conditioned, seated theater, I usually nod off with the first strands of the melody ... :mickey:

Kairi_7378
12-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Ellen's for us as well. We both like the ride, though.

Disney4us2
12-24-2010, 03:04 AM
I have napped on Spaceship Earth, People Mover, and Capt. EO.

Ms. Mode
12-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Spaceship Earth and American Adventure are my DH's personal favorites for nap time. :thumbsup:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress. One problem: I am a very loud snorer which embarrasses DW and DD. I have received quite a few "Gibbs Smacks" (NCIS) from DW.

finaldynasty
12-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I hate to admit this but the Hall of Presidents gets me all the time...I love our country and what the Hall represents, but it is something about good air condition combined with a day in June heat...:mickey:

sbwillie
12-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I am in the minority of people who actually enjoy Sounds Dangerous - but I get about 5 minutes of sleep everytime.

Biggest Snooze for me - easy - Nemo Show. Bored too death - well, to sleep anyway. So if we needa nap, then that's the place - my whole family.

Scar
12-24-2010, 04:21 PM
France - I love the music and the movie, but by the time I usually reach this nice, dark, air-conditioned, seated theater, I usually nod off with the first strands of the melody ... :mickey:I can't believe more people haven't said this one. I'm not even sure I've ever seen it all the way through.

MNNHFLTX
12-24-2010, 04:30 PM
The TTA is one that comes to mind. And as much as I want to see the entire American Adventure show, I just don't seem to be able to keep my eyes open, no matter how hard I try!

forever a child
12-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I am just happy to find some new napping places to try out, LOL. I really need a good one for DHS. I needed a nap there badly and couldn't find a good place for it :blush:

Gator
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I dont' know why or how, but I've managed to nod off twice during The Festival of the Lion King. Yes, I know the seats don't have backs. Still, for some reason the AK wears me out, and when I sit down, I just double over with my head in my hands and doze off.

DisneyorBust
12-25-2010, 04:07 PM
American Adventure, Hall of Presidents and Carosel of Progress. Something about getting inside the AC, the darkened environments have me nodding off in no time! And like others have stated, I like these attractions too.

PrettyMinnie
12-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress. One problem: I am a very loud snorer which embarrasses DW and DD. I have received quite a few "Gibbs Smacks" (NCIS) from DW.

Love the NCIS reference! And yes to Carousel of Progress :sleepin:

Mousemates
12-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Ellen's...nothing else comes close...unless its a very hot humid July Day and then all bets are off...on those days I can nap any place dark and air conditioned.

mainemajor
12-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Hall of Presidents
Ellen's
Muppet 3D
France
American Adventure

dmallan
12-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes, France and American Adventure are two that I find it difficult to stay awake for, hard as I try. As others have said, the AC and the comfy seats are what do me in!

ibrowse17
12-26-2010, 12:03 PM
The rocking chairs at Trail's End. Get me every time:thumbsup:

kcrc
12-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Another vote for Carousel of Progress for my DH. He too is a loud snorer, so we have to be careful to wake him up quickly! American Adventure runs a close second for him as well!

mickeys_princess_mom
12-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Carousel of Progress, France, and People Mover....Love them, but the darkness and the comfort.... :sleepin: :sleepin:

WDWCrazyKaren
12-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Another vote for Sounds Dangerous. It's never full, you can spread out...perfect.

TheVBs
12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
So funny! I have never dozed off in WDW.... but it's not a bad idea. ;)

crltkcagle
12-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy is my 45 minute power nap. Love that ride!:mickey:

I however hate that darn ride and that's why I fall asleep!

Mogie
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I missed the entire Little Mermaid show...dark theater with pretty comfy seats and i was out.

forever a child
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
So funny! I have never dozed off in WDW.... but it's not a bad idea. ;)

It wasn't my idea...it just happened! :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
American Adventure and Spaceship Earth :sleepin:

bopeepfan
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I can't fall asleep on rides but, a ride that makes me really tired is the hall of presidents.

Victor Kelly
12-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I will add any shady spot with a bench or rocking chair. There is just something about rocking chairs that makes me nod off.

There used to me a bunch of hidden spots in MK that you could wander off and catch some zzz's. But most have been closed off or had something built there.

Now Tom Sawyers Island can be a relaxing place depending on when you are there.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Gosh how do you guys fall asleep inside Ellens? Those are the most uncomfortable seats I can think of. LOL! :D

CaptSmee
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Hall of President's...and Ellen's Energy Adventure :blush:

PETE FROM NYC
12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
I have nodded off just about every place named. Sound volume means nothing to me. just once, I wish I coud last through the American Adventure.

BellesRose
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't imagine sleeping anywhere out in public lol...I've never even seen it happen at Disney. I would just start laughing uncontrollably if the person seated next to me fell asleep. And if they snored, I'd really lose it!

forever a child
12-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I dont' know why or how, but I've managed to nod off twice during The Festival of the Lion King. Yes, I know the seats don't have backs.

LOL, this would be hard for me to do! I might roll off those seats and onto the floor into the show!

kathiep
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
We got stuck late one night on iasw. We had already ridden twice before that day and somehow - even on the bench seat without a back - I managed to nod off.

MKFD43
01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
noodle station. at the entrance of tomorrow land. when its closed its quiet. grab as seat lan up against the wall.. my and my youngest camped out there this summer.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Not sure of the name of it, but at Epcot, that slow ride that talks about plants and vegetables. Thats a guaranteed nap time. Also, France and Carousel of Progress, as mentioned by others.

It is funny to read other's responses here tho. Heck, just the thought that I may have napped with any of you is hilarious to me.

Victor Kelly
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I nodded off on POTC once during our honeymoon. There was a backup where you exit and we were in the burning town scene. I just nodded right off. :sheep:

In my defense it was an EMH night and I was totally wiped out.

Brettracie
01-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Brett falls asleep during any attraction that involves a show!

forever a child
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Heck, just the thought that I may have napped with any of you is hilarious to me.

Looks as though many of us have napped together! :D

forever a child
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Can't wait to add some of these new napping locations to our fall trip. :):cloud9:

AllDisney
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Tiki room for us:secret:

idolfan1
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
These replies were just cracking me up. I'd like to through something out as well but this doesn't have to do with me. My family and i were in one of the monorails heading to something, all the sudden my dad falls asleep on one of the benches inside the monorail we were on, once we were officially getting out of the monorail, he woke up so i guess you can say he wasn't completely out. He zones out once he's completely fallin' asleep.

darthmacho
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't think I could nap in the parks, no matter how dark and cozy the attraction, but I tell you, one of the most comfortable places is the Haunted Mansion, when the doombuggy goes downhill backwards, and you go...ahhh, comfy! :cloud9:

DAWS
05-16-2011, 05:13 PM
It's not a park ride but my FAVORITE place to take a cat nap is on the boats from Epcot to the resorts. It makes several stops and lasts a lot longer than any ride.

Once that cool breeze hits me and the sound of the engine starts...I'm out like a light! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 06:07 PM
On our trip last June we practially dragged our kids into the American pavillion show at Epcot. They did not want to go, but we insisted. During the show I couldn't help it, I kept nodding off. I'd catch myself and look around. The dad of another family sitting beside me was completely knocked out. I look down the row and my DH is also out. My two kids were completely into the show. We laughed about it later because as much as they didn't want to see it they are the only ones who actually stayed up to watch.

Fastpasssteve
05-17-2011, 12:36 AM
The Carousel of Progress is a great place to snooze. Waiting for the "Finding Nemo" show is a great time for napping.

Let's not forget any bus driving me back to my home resort at the end of a long day. *Zonk*

goofy89
05-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Ellen's Energy Adventure, The American Adventure, and I have to agree with the buses on the way back to the resort at night! :sleepin:

EJS-Houston
05-17-2011, 10:49 AM
The People Mover in Tomorrowland relaxes me waaaaaaay too much.

minnie-mouse
05-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think I could take a nap in MK, I am usually too excited no matter how tired I am! :cloud9:

forever a child
01-30-2012, 11:05 PM
On our trip last June we practially dragged our kids into the American pavillion show at Epcot. They did not want to go, but we insisted. During the show I couldn't help it, I kept nodding off. I'd catch myself and look around. The dad of another family sitting beside me was completely knocked out. I look down the row and my DH is also out. My two kids were completely into the show. We laughed about it later because as much as they didn't want to see it they are the only ones who actually stayed up to watch.

Too funny :D

TinkerbellT421
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM
I have fallen asleep during Sounds Dangerous. I might have been snoribg too.....lol
I have taken a quick power nap on the ferry boats, I don't know why I find it so comfy the seats are awful lol

DVC2004
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
At Disney, lol nowhere. I did once nod off at Kennedy Space Center during a film.

#1donaldfan
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
France !! Spaceship earth.....the bus ride back to the resort !!! :thedolls:

texas211
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Great Movie Ride, Hall of Presidents, UoE.

MouseHouser
02-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I nodded off a few times in Muppets 3D last week. Gf let it go, since I didn't reach the snoring phase.

Button1215
02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
My husband makes fun of me every time we go to Disney but Hall of Presidents is the best place for a nap. I don't even pretend that I am going to stay awake so I just lay my head down right away when we sit down

texas211
02-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I love snoozing on the railroad.

olivegirl
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Country Bear Jamboree does it for me!!!!

forever a child
02-10-2012, 04:52 PM

I love this and the next time I head there I am going to try and watch others before I fall asleep myself. I have yet to see anything but the beginning and the end of it! :blush:

dulyjs
02-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I've nodded off in Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, like others have said not because it bores me but because it is dark and comfortable.

Dopey's Girl
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Ellens energ..zzz zzz zzz

Sorry kinda conked out just thinking about that one. I have done it twice and fell asleep oth times. Boring!