PDA

View Full Version : Ride Question?

Silver_Surfer
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Can You list which rides move in reverse(rearward motion)? My wife has a bad case of motion sickness .

I know Expedition Everest is out for her!

Thanks!

crltkcagle
12-23-2010, 04:38 PM
The haunted mansion has a brief part that goes backwards but its not fast. You kinda lean back and go down a stair case in a backwards motion. That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of more I will let you know.

Melanie
12-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Spaceship Earth also goes backwards, much like Haunted Mansion, but it lasts a bit longer. Maelstrom goes backwards very briefly as well.

Scott C
12-23-2010, 04:57 PM
add Maelstrom to the List

Thanks
Scott C

faline
12-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Expedition Everest goes backwards as well.

My husband gets motion sickness as well but he does all of these rides. The ones that bother him are the simulator rides.

Silver_Surfer
12-23-2010, 07:08 PM
add Maelstrom to the List

Thanks
Scott C

I just googled this. A boat ride that goes backward?:secret:

faline
12-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes indeed. However, most of the rides mentioned are very gentle and I would be surprised if they induced motion sickness. Expedition Evererest is a bit rougher - it gets you in the pit of your stomach - which might be more of a problem.

forever a child
12-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Can You list which rides move in reverse(rearward motion)? My wife has a bad case of motion sickness .

I know Expedition Everest is out for her!

Thanks!

I have pretty sever motion sickness too. I can ride all of the rides mentioned except for EE.
I will not ride ToT, R&R. I ride Space Mountain but it made me pretty sick last week when I rode it (I forgot to take my motion sickness pill). Luckily it was the last ride for the night..so I just went back to the hotel and to bed. But the next day, I still felt a bit off.
I also road Mission Space. I rode Green last time and this visit I rode orange (with my pill) and the ride did bother me (not as much as MS) but I only rode it once all trip. Green is probably going to be my limit.

WDWfanatic742
12-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd go out on a limb here and say that the backwards part on EE is more thrilling than any other part of the ride, including the drop, just because it's so different from anything else out there. You know it's coming, but you don't expect it to be THAT thrilling the very first time. It's still awesome though :thumbsup:

Scott C
12-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I just googled this. A boat ride that goes backward?:secret:

Yes it does - but not at a fast rate

Thanks
Scott C

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Technically, depending on where you sit, the People Mover at MK would be a backwards ride, although it is always level and not real fast, and you can chose which side to ride from.

Also, Khali river rapids at AK could be backwards as you are on a circular float that rotates thru the river ride. Although you probably wouldn't be in a backwards position for long and most likely would be more worried about getting wet than being backwards.

Silver_Surfer
12-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Technically, depending on where you sit, the People Mover at MK would be a backwards ride, although it is always level and not real fast, and you can chose which side to ride from.

Also, Khali river rapids at AK could be backwards as you are on a circular float that rotates thru the river ride. Although you probably wouldn't be in a backwards position for long and most likely would be more worried about getting wet than being backwards.

People movers are ok but for sure no boat rides for her:ill::ack:.

Thank You!

WishesFan13
12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I was pregnant when dh and I went in sept and suffered from bad motion sickness, spaceship earth wasn't very pleasant for me. I don't know if your dw has tried any motion sickness remedies but ginger pills work pretty well. Dh has used them for soarin and I was able to take them while I was pregnant, I just forgot to take it early enough to help me that day.

Silver_Surfer
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
I was pregnant when dh and I went in sept and suffered from bad motion sickness, spaceship earth wasn't very pleasant for me. I don't know if your dw has tried any motion sickness remedies but ginger pills work pretty well. Dh has used them for soarin and I was able to take them while I was pregnant, I just forgot to take it early enough to help me that day.

Yes, she is a BIG believer in ginger pills! She did OK in soain because the ride was short and no backward movement.

Victor Kelly
12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Backwards stuff can affect me as well. But EE didn't. And all the other attractions mentioned do not bother me at all. Everything is fairly gentle at WDW. Now the Dark stuff could also make you motion sick like Pirates at the drop in the beginning.

spoiled
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Maelstrom and Spaceship Earth go backwards breifly in EPCOT.
Haunted Mainsion goes backwards during the staircase part of the ride (but it's not that bad) in MK.
Expedition Everest goes backwards in AK.
Off the top of my mind that is all I can think of
;)

Brettracie
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Primeval Whirl spins all around on the roller coaster track. I think I might barf just thinking about it!

Silver_Surfer
01-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Backwards stuff can affect me as well. But EE didn't. And all the other attractions mentioned do not bother me at all. Everything is fairly gentle at WDW. Now the Dark stuff could also make you motion sick like Pirates at the drop in the beginning.

Space Mountian? My son and I had a blast but my wife got sick:ack: I kept telling her watch the car in the front of you it will give you a clue where/which way your car is going to turn.

Silver_Surfer
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Primeval Whirl spins all around on the roller coaster track. I think I might barf just thinking about it!

LOL! If its like the Tea Cup ride on a coaster I might have to sit that one out also.:D