PDA

View Full Version : Is MuppetVision 3D being ditched?

Mysttree
12-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Greetings,
I heard a rumor that MV 3D was being scrapped. Not that it doesn't need to be updated- it looked really bad compared to the newer 3D films...
However, I am not thrilled with the idea that it may be completely done away with...
Can anyone give me the 'official' word on this?
TIA

WDWfanatic742
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
It was looking pretty bad, but it did get some up-keep recently in a refurb back in the spring. Long lost effects were put back in, new carpet and drapes in the theater, and also got a new projection system as well. I haven't been since then, but it's supposed to be looking pretty good.

Gator
12-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Hopefully the spring refurb helped it out some. I usually don't point a finger for things looking run down, but it seemed pretty dirty on my last trip. Can't wait to see it back in it's original glory.

crltkcagle
12-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I thought it was great after the refurb. I mean sure its no Philharmagic but its still an awesome show. I liked the newer screen and thought it brightened up the show a lot. I hope they don't get rid of it. We would be sad to see it go.

forever a child
12-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Just saw it last week and thought it looked pretty decent. True it is no Philharmagic but it is still fun to see each trip. I did notice that the animated rabbit was not working at all. There was no movement at all...just the voice.

Victor Kelly
12-23-2010, 08:35 PM
On our honeymoon in september and early october, everything was working including the rabbit. My wife loved the show to my suprise and we went in 4 times during our trip.

MOJoe
12-24-2010, 12:18 PM
If it was going to be scrapped, then they probably would not have invested in the refurb.

If there is anything in the Studios that should be on the "to be scrapped" list, it would be Sounds Dangerous.

Meteora
12-24-2010, 12:26 PM
While I know that Muppet 3D is a bit outdated at this point, I still love it. For me, it holds sentimental value as one of Jim Henson's last projects. I hope they keep it around awhile longer.

forever a child
12-24-2010, 01:22 PM
If it was going to be scrapped, then they probably would not have invested in the refurb.

If there is anything in the Studios that should be on the "to be scrapped" list, it would be Sounds Dangerous.

:ditto:

finaldynasty
12-24-2010, 04:43 PM
If there is anything in the Studios that should be on the "to be scrapped" list, it would be Sounds Dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Then let me start the rumor that SD needs to be rebranded with Phineas and Ferb! Plus, they could add something on the backside of streets of America. Muppets is the last thing that needs to go in DHS.

I saw Muppets post referb this summer and it was nicer. My DW and I love this attraction and don't think you should mess up a good thing.

Crow
12-24-2010, 10:21 PM
:ditto:

agree

Goes4FastPass
12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
This show works fine like it. We enjoyed it as much 2 months ago as when it first opened.

Captain EO is an embarrassment. Epcot is not a museum where we "celebrate" what 3D looked like 25 years ago. The theater in the Imagination pavilion needs a whole new next gen 3D feature to make it major Epcot attraction.

DisneyGiant
12-27-2010, 09:53 PM
It seems like Disney put all its theme park re-development budget into Fantasyland. I wouldn't count on any other changes until that is done (pure conjecture on my part btw). ;)

DisneyGiant
12-27-2010, 09:54 PM
This show works fine like it. We enjoyed it as much 2 months ago as when it first opened.

Captain EO is an embarrassment. Epcot is not a museum where we "celebrate" what 3D looked like 25 years ago. The theater in the Imagination pavilion needs a whole new next gen 3D feature to make it major Epcot attraction.

In total agreement! The Imagination Pavilion is a real joke at this point........

azcavalier
12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
In total agreement! The Imagination Pavilion is a real joke at this point........

My wife was very excited to see Captain EO when we went in October, but it really was awful.

I'd love to see some kind of TRON 3D attraction there.

I'm sorry, but my kids *love* Figment. I know that many adults really dislike it, but Figment is a viable character for children. Our daughters would be devastated if they removed Figment.

Pagan
12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I know it's a strange reason...but I hope the show is never done away with.

I was sitting in the theater 5 years ago when I received a call from my brother telling me my Mom passed. It was surreal knowing what happened while watching Sweetums walking through the theater looking for Bean, but in a strange way I felt it was my Mom letting me know that even in death, you have to smile.

Since then her house has been sold and torn down, and there's really nothing material left that reminds me of her except for that show.

Every year when I go back I think of her at that exact moment.

LudwigVonDrake
12-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Muppets aren't going anywhere. Since the refurb it looks great!! :mickey:

DisneyGiant
12-31-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry, but my kids *love* Figment. I know that many adults really dislike it, but Figment is a viable character for children. Our daughters would be devastated if they removed Figment.

Not saying that they should ever get rid of Figment! Its just the attraction is old, dated - and judging by the fact that there is never a line for it - rejected by park goers.

We go in it just because of the fact that its the only thing there, and its something to do while waiting for our Soarin' fast passes to kick in (after the The Land).....

brownie
01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Muppet*Vision 3D looked much better when we saw it in early December than I remember it being on past trips (the last time we saw it before this was 2004.)

spoiled
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I sure hope not:D

Melanie
01-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Definitely in the minority here, but I wish they'd update this in some way.

JabberJaws
01-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I am looking forward to seeing it post refurb when we go in Feb. I love the Muppets in general, and Muppet 3-D has always been one of my favorites. Incidentally, it has one of, if not the, funniest pre-shows every. "It's the 3 D's! - Hi, I'm Dorothy! "I'm Dyna!"...."I'm Max. Debbie was sick, so the union sent me." Classic!

I would be really surprised if they were to scrap Muppets. Disney is really trying to bring the Muppets back into prominence, and even has a pretty big "made for big-screen" movie in the works right now.

I could see them refreshing the show w/ a new film and new effects in the future, but I don't see it being trashed completely.

Stu29573
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
We saw the Muppets in November and they looked great!

I agree that EO is a real snooze. I had never seen it so I was excited to finally get to...now I wish they had HISTA back (and that's saying something).

Imagination needs a serious rework. The sad thing is that in the years since the original closed, I'm pretty sure they could have fixed the turntable issue. We need something based on the original. Figment rocks, but only with Dreamfinder.

Imagineer1981
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I would think with the upcoming movie at the end of this year, the muppets will be getting more attention then less