PDA

View Full Version : Very basic DDP question

Buttercup
12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Humor me. :blush:
This upcoming trip will be the first time I've ever used the dining plan.

Sooo... when you are at a counter-service place, and you're up at the counter ordering your food... what do you do to pay? Do you hand them your room key? Do you have to tell them before you order that you'll be using a DDP credit?

And when you're at a table service, since tips are no longer included, and you're given the bill, do you give them your room key and leave cash as the tip?

Final question: is there something on your receipts that keeps a running tally of how many table service, counter service and snack credits you have left?

Thanks in advance! :mickey:

MagicalGuest
12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
It's easy...just hand the CM your room key and tell him/her how many meals to charge.

Never be embarrassed to ask a question. That's what we're here for! :thumbsup:

faline
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Generally, every cast member will ask you if you're on the dining plan when you order or check in. If not, be sure to tell them that you're on the dining plan.

I believe they add a suggested tip to the bill they give you at the end of the meal which will include all non-dining-plan items you ordered. You are free to charge the rest (including tip) to your room, a credit card, or pay cash.

Your receipt should show how many credits you have left.

forever a child
12-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Your receipts will tell you how many credits you have left. So if you are at a TS restaurant...your final receipt will say you have 6 AD 2 CH TBLSV Cp Rm. (6 Adult, 2 Children Table services remain). The problem I had in keeping track was when we went to a quick service (Sunshine Season's). We had one QS and two snack credits...(the soups we got were not part of the entree but we wanted them with our lunch, but they could be used towards our snack credits) so our bill only showed the Quick Service final balance count. I just ended up miss calculating how many QS I had left. I thought we had 3 on our last day and we actually had 5!:secret:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-27-2010, 05:28 PM
TIPS: You have two basic choices. If you set up room key (which is also your park ticket) to that you can charge to your room, then you can charge your tips right on the card. When you get the bill it will show at the bottom what an 18% tip would be and a 20% tip would be. I think as long as you are a party under 6 you can tip any amount you want. Anyhow, your bill wil be $0 (unless you ordered alcohol or something not on the plan) so you can simply add a tip, and they run it thru to your room charge. Other option is to simply leave it as cash or have them charge it to a credit card.

QS meals: We did encounter one place, Pecos Bills, where if you are on the DDP you go to a special kiosk, like an ATM almost, and order your meal online. Saves you time from waiting in the general line. Most other QS locations they will ask you if you are on the DDP. If not, simply tell them when you order and hand them your card. Note, you can split your order, have some charged to the DDP and pay out of pocket for the rest. We do this if there is just a small purchase and feel the value isn't worth using a QS for.

Tracking: First, you can always go to your concierge or front desk and they can print you out a complete balance of your remaining entitlements. Otherwise if you order a TS, then the receipt will show you only TS remaining, likewise for the QS and snacks. One receipt will not track everything.