PDA

View Full Version : Trip help for next November

CosmicRay
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
We are still very new to this, and DH said he will call DVC, but I am wanting some thoughts now. So I am coming you guys!
Our home resort is SS, but next November we are wanting to stay at AKL. Since we can book our home resort 11 mos in advance, should we go ahead and book for SS if in case we can't get AKL or have to be put on a waitlist for AKL in the future?

VWL Mom
12-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Absolutely :thumbsup: Book your home resort at 11 months and try to switch at 7 months. That way your guaranteed a place to stay.

CosmicRay
12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks! I told DH and he is going to make the reservations :) Thanks for the help!

MinnieMommie
12-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes I totally agree with this advice.
Unless you are planning to go for Thanksgiving week you should be able to get into AKL at the 7 month window. It is a very large resort and we have never had trouble getting rooms there. :mickey:

CosmicRay
12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Thank you! That's good to know! Our friends have two young boys and I thought they would love AKL.

lovin'fl
12-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Just call first thing in the morning right at the 7 month mark. I'll be doing this Jan. 14 for our Aug. 14 trip. We own OKW and hope to get BCV. We have only had trouble 2 times getting a resie. Once was when we called about 2 weeks after the 7 month mark and tried to get BCV for a July 4th trip, they had 2BR, but we wanted a 1BR. And the second time was recently. We tried to get resies for Jan. 22-26, but only had enough points for 2 studios at OKW (or the cheaper view at AKL and BWV) and we would have had to rent @15 points from Disney. They had no studios anywhere and no 1BRs (at least not in our point range). I tried to waitlist, but they wouldn't allow it because we were going to have to rent the points to make the resie. But, we've stayed at BWV, SSR, VWL and HHI. So, there should be plenty of options available to you at the 7 month mark.