PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch Review 12/17

forever a child
12-22-2010, 12:22 PM
DD16 and I had dinner reservations at Hollywood & Vine for our last full day on our trip. We have eaten here before and don't have a problem with it but we were wanting to try something new that we hadn't experienced before. So earlier in the week we has gone to guest relations and checked with them for openings at Prime Time Cafe. (I really wanted to eat a second time at Boma's but this was to be our only day at DHS and we really didn't want to cut into our park time...so we opted for PT instead).

We got a late lunch time of 2:10 and so that Friday by 1:30 I was really hungry and didn't know if I could wait until after 2 to eat. I had had a small snack but it didn't hold me over and I didn't want to eat too much and ruin my meal at PT. So we arrived early. They told us that they probably wouldn't be able to get us in before our ressies so did we want to come back at 2pm? I told them we would just wait. I was hungry and thought we would just check out the place and have a seat. The decor was really great as I am into antiques and a 3rd generation junk dealer, LOL. My favorite was the silver christmas tree!!!! My grandmother had one in the 70's so it brought back great memories of that time in my life, LOL. I took a great photo of my daughter with the tree and we loved a lot of the tables, lamps and nick-a-nack stuff all around the place!

We finally were seated (again a smaller than I would prefer table for two). But the lady who seated us saw I had a camera and offered to take our photo together which was first and very nice of her to do. We had Uncle "somebody", sorry I don't remember his name. He was an older gentlman and very nice. He of course scolded us immediately for never calling or writing and commented about how much DD had grown. My DD just got a kick out of the whole thing. She still was not feeling great but she was getting a good nights sleep and it was finally warming up so it helped perk her up for our last day in the park. She was getting a kick out of the whole thing. Uncle whoever he was asked us if we had washed our hands and then preceded to make us go to the bathroom and properly wash (no, wet wipes and hand sanitizers are not sufficient).

DD selected Fried Chicken and a Cherry Coke and I chose Pot Roast and a Vanilla Coke. It seemed to take a long time to get our food. They were busy. But we were entertained the whole time. One gentleman at another table apparently did not want to eat his veggies so another female server attempted to feed him "airplane" style which he would not agree to (I missed that...but DD told me about it when I returned from the restroom). So later on he was brought a big shake like drink with veggies in side and on the top of it. Apparently since he wouldn't eat he's veggies at the meal she told him he could eat them as a desert. Seeing green beans on the top of whipped cream is not appealing, LOL.

DD's chicken was very good. It was half a chicken and so she only at half. We took the rest home with us and she had a ton of mashed potatoes which were very good. We both shared her greens and finished those. My pot roast was good but I didn't have enough mashed potatoes and gravy. So I ate all of mine and part of DD's. I thought there would be veggies with mine based on the description but it was only small carrot shavings on top of the pot roast...so I was disappointed about that. Another meal with too much meat and not enough veggies seemed to be a constant theme for the week!

We were done and it took forever for Uncle whoever to bring us the bill, and to-go box and return with my resort key. That was my biggest complaint about our service. But he was great otherwise and the other servers were fun to watch and listen to as well. DD really enjoyed the atmosphere of this place the best and was totally entertained the whole time.

We didn't really have much room for desert (again) so we took two Chocolate Shakes to go and walked out and found a spot for the parade that had just started. It was great timing...even though I had been biting at the bit to finish up sooner and get out and back into the park.

Our meal was $52.55 with tax (before applying the DDP credits). We could have easily just shared the fried chicken meal, which was great (we both agreed). I ate the rest of the chicken cold the next day on our travel home.

We will definitely do this place again in the future but more because of how fun the place is than anything. My DD was laughing the whole time and "that" is why we go to Disney!:thumbsup:

faline
12-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Fun meal!

LudwigVonDrake
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Prime Time is one of my favorite restaurants for the food and the atmosphere :mickey:

bopeepfan
12-29-2010, 04:47 PM
My mom and I went to Disney in 2009 and last september and we went to PTC. We love it as well.

Disney4us2
12-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the review:thumbsup:

We will be going back there on our July/August trip.:mickey: