PDA

View Full Version : Pofq

JoDisney
12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
We are Floridians and went down for the weekend to go to MVMCP and to do some shopping. We stayed at POFQ and the room was the worst we have seen. It was in total need of a rehab. The bathroom was the absolute worst. The furniture was totally poor. We have had a completely better room on interstate in a Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn. It should be an embarrassment to Disney. The managers only comment was that they are in the middle of refurbishment and have completed Bldg 7 and 6. We were given Bldg. 3. She even lied and said the refurbishment rooms were more money and that was simply untrue. We wanted to reserve POP but that was full at the time of making our reservation. Shame on Disney.

Melanie
12-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree with you that the resort is in bad need of a rehab. We stayed there Thanksgiving last year and I noticed it then. We MAY give it another shot after the refurb is done, but that's a big if since we don't really care for the overall themeing.

Sorry you had such a hard time! I don't know much about the refurbishment locations, but maybe the rooms that are done are now preferred rooms? I'd hate to think they purposely lied. Hopefully there is another explanation.

JoDisney
12-22-2010, 11:33 AM
The manager was inaccurate. Because others that received a rehab room paid the same price. The curtain between the sinks and the beds was stained with blood (and not little spots). It was liked they wiped their hands to try to stop the blood. Disney couldn't miss it. They should be embarrassed to offer a room like this one for a family's vacation.

massachusetts
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know how long before the rehab is completed?

JoDisney
12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
No, the manager said Bldg. 7 was complete and 6 was almost complete. They still have 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

faline
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
That sounds terrible! We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter last year and liked it very much. We did have a king bed room, though, so perhaps those rooms don't get the same wear and tear as the others.

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
It's unfortunate that not all of Disney is always perfectly magical. I'm sorry about your difficulties but hopefully next trip will be back up to Disney quality!

JoDisney
12-22-2010, 02:20 PM
It was so nice because of the MVMCP and being with my family.
However, Disney is ridiculous to have a room like this to offer Christmas travelers and charge good money for such a room. It makes me so sad about Disney and their corporate office.

rubato
12-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know how long before the rehab is completed?

The guestimate is end of spring, I believe. Then, they are moving on to POR. I have a request in for building 6 and will be there in 2 weeks. I have heard that 6 is now done. Don't know if they're going to wait until after the holidays to start on the next building, but would guess that 5 is next.