PDA

View Full Version : Boma 12/14 Dinner Dining Review

forever a child
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
DD 16 and I had dinner reservations at Boma's at AKL at 6pm. We had spent the day at AK so we just hopped on the bus to AKL and headed over. It was our first visit to AKL, to Boma's and our first time using the DDP.

We had had ressies for Boma's earlier this year during our May trip and cancelled so that we could stay later at our park...so we had not been to Boma's yet. DD had been wanting to eat here for a while and I really wasn't that excited about it. Boy was I surprised. This ended up being my favorite meal!

We tried a lot of things basically and loved everything we tried. I had the prime rib and the Salmon. I loved the Salmon and had seconds. DD had the prime rib and chicken. We both loved the tomato roasted Humus:tasty: and pita bread. I found a tomato and cucumber salad (finally some veggies!!!), and some sweet/hot tomato mixture which I have no idea what it was called or how it was to be eated...but I loved it. We both had a lot of veggies here...I got to make a tossed salad to have with my meal too..so I was very happy.

We didn't eat much in deserts..but did have a couple. I took a few back with us and tried the zebra domed dessert but since it wasn't fresh, it really wasn't that great. If I hadn't eaten so much that evening and tried them then..they might have been better.

I really wanted to cancel our Fri adr's and try to get back to Boma's before we left..but we were at DHS that day (our only day) and I didn't want to sacrifice park time. So this was our only day eating here at Boma's and I could go for some of the Humus and Pita bread right now as I type! :thumbsup:

This will be a must do place for me for future trips. Our server was good. He kept our drinks coming and asked us once or twice how we were doing and if we needed anything. There was a huge party of people with children that were there when we arrived. There was one child that cried the entire time they were there. When this family left, I was pleased until I walked by their table and saw how messy and GROSS they had left the table and floor after their meal. :confused: I can't understand how a table and floor could look like it did after they left...I would be so embarrassed to have some one clean up a mess like that after me! Oh well, I hope they left a good tip.

Despite our dining neighbors...I loved Boma's and was so happy DD insisted we try it. This was one of the biggest bonuses of the DDP...trying new restaurants every day.

Our dinner was $70.27 with tax (before DDP applied).

faline
12-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Glad you enjoyed Boma. We've been happy with our dining experiences here but, for us, it wouldn't rise to our must-do list.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Glad you enjoyed it....we thought it was okay but seem to be in the minority in not making it a must do