PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare Breakfast Dining Review 12/13

forever a child
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
DD 16 and I had 8:30 Reservations for breakfast at 1900 PF at the Grand Floridian. This was our first time eating there, visiting the GF and we were on the DDP for the first time as well.

We arrived on time, having taking the Bus from CSR to MK and then hoping on the Monorail to the GF. I was going to drive and just as we were heading for our car...DD saw the bus pulling up to the Bus Stop (Stop #2 at CSR). Our room was directly outside of the bus stop..so we ran to catch it and although it took a bit longer than I had expected (the monorail seemed a bit delayed)..we arrived on time.

We were seated very quickly. We had been given a pager...and went out to check out the Christmas Tree and Gingerbread House..but we were paged very quickly so we didn't have much time to look around.

When we were ushered into a line for photos...I asked if Photopass were used and they said "No" so I didn't see the need to wait for a photo. So we told them were weren't interested and they moved us to another line. An older women came out and looked at my slip of paper I had been given and said something to me, but her back was to me...so I didn't realize that she wanted me to follow her to be seated...she ran off and later on someone else came to us and then the same lady returned saying were supposed to have followed her. Well, she seemed a bit rushed to me and I couldn't hear her. So anyway...we were seated by the gentleman.

Our seat was in a smaller room off to the side and I was concerned that we would get less Character interaction. That didn't seem to be the case though. It was a bit quieter in there too which was good. But I guess some people would have preferred to be in the main room. Pooh was the first to come to our table, then Tigger, Mary Poppins, Belle (in her blue/white dress) and finally the one I was looking forward to...The Mad Hatter. The characters moved quickly from table to table. :hatter: The interaction was short and I was a bit disappointed that the Mad Hatter was not really as great in Character as video's of others I have seen. It was basically Hello, sign autographs and pose for a photo. But it was still fun to see them all.

The food was good. I am not much of a breakfast eater...but I loved the Mickey Waffles. We also had bacon, scrabbled eggs, biscuits and gravy, Coffee (DD had juice which was an orange pineapple blend which she liked), Chocolate Milk, and grapes and strawberries. DD also had french toast too. We went back once for seconds and I ended up taking my grapes with me for a snack later on that day.

When we finished we walked around a little and asked the Mad Hatter to have a photo with both of us...as I had basically been only photographing DD with the characters. They had to ask a man who was in charge of the characters if is was ok first...but allowed him to do so. Still...no big in character conversation or behavior, oh well...LOL.

We were happy with the meal and would do it again. Our total was $44.75 for breakfast with tax. Not sure what they were charging for the photos but since we didn't get one...I didn't see. Not sure why they were doing that since there was nothing special but a painted backdrop wall where photos were being taking. There were no characters posing with guests for photos...so it just seemed pointless to me.

faline
12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
We've only done dinner at 1900 Park Faire. At that time, pictures were not being done prior to being seated but that way have changed. We enjoyed our dinner, found the food to be a bit better than average for buffets and greatly enjoyed the character interaction we received.

Thanks for another terrific review!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm glad you had a generally good meal.

I agree with you, I've never understood the "you need a picuture" before the meal ... especially when there are no characters or anything special involved.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds nice, we are going to try it next trip...