PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone take advantage of the Free Dining Promo for 2011 if booked by 12/20?

princessgirls
12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I was just wondering if anyone took advantage of the free dining deal?

We did! It saved us a lot! I wanted to go to Disney in March and that was over a thousand dollars more for the same vacation.

Now we are going for 10 days in August. August 20-29, staying at the Pop, with an upgrade from CS dining to Basic (us paying the difference on that). We are planning to do Universal 2 days, but will still keep our Disney package!

I hope a few of you were able to take advantage!
Julie:mickey:

disneyjersey
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I have booked for this promo after going off another disney promo last time. I did a $500 gift card last june for staying at a moderate resort. It was the first time my girlfriend was there and the money came in handy.

However, I think we used it mostly on food so when I saw the meal plan promo it only made sense since I think it's worth the money they charge to stay on the resort.

This time around the dining plan allows me one sit down meal, one quick meal, and one snack for each of us during the duration of our stay. This is more than ample considering we're normal weight people and not obese. All-in-all the trip for two adults is costing me a little under $1900 for 6 days covering Mem. Day weekend, at a moderate resort, and with a dining plan for each of us.

egospotter
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I did!

We booked Pop for September/October and upgraded to the dining plan from the quick service plan - was a bit more but still less than staying at a mod. I love having all the food paid for before we go, so free dining is our go-to promotion. Happens to fall around our anniversary (9/29) every year which is a plus!

We went to Disneyland this year and had to pay oop for our meals. We have the Disney debit card so we saved a bit at most of our meals but we still had to budget and make sure there was still money at the end of our trip so we could eat! We like the dining plan soooo much better - much less math ;)

Silver_Surfer
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I did!:mickey: What a bonus it was!:party:

rubato
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I did, but had to give up my 30% room only deal and had to get my parkhoppers through Disney instead of elsewhere, so we aren't saving much. I guess it would be a savings if we ate that way, but we don't. We did decide to do almost all character meals and buffets to take the most advantage. Our son is 11, so this is the last year for that.

Hair_Razor
12-21-2010, 08:46 PM
We did for January, dining plan is nice for us. It works out because we don't have to eat that way but it's nice to. We wouldn't spend the money to do some of the nice restaurants we have planned like Coral Reef and BOMA. I like to feel like I get to eat choice meals and not have to be me and be cheep! :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
12-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I did, but then we cancelled it. The military discount ended up being the better deal. We have at least 4 families we know traveling to WDW at the same time as us and they are all booked with the free dining discount.

Disney4us2
12-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I had booked AKL with the free dining for mid august. I had to cancel it out since I bought DVC and will be using points for that trip instead. I was also thrown off by our school system changing their start date to August 15th.:(

tyandskyesmom
12-22-2010, 08:38 AM
We did...the kids and I will be there August 13 - 19 at All-Star Movies without it but then Lou joins us for August 19 - 28 for nine nights at Caribbean Beach with upgrade to deluxe dining...for us, it saves a lot of money now that Tyler is a Disney Adult and we don't normally eat that way but we like to!!! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-22-2010, 10:51 AM
We did...the kids and I will be there August 13 - 19 at All-Star Movies without it but then Lou joins us for August 19 - 28 for nine nights at Caribbean Beach with upgrade to deluxe dining...for us, it saves a lot of money now that Tyler is a Disney Adult and we don't normally eat that way but we like to!!! :mickey:

That is AWESOME!! Good for you!!

Julie:mickey:

TheVBs
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
We did! :mickey: We'll be going in the fall. We were able to book much earlier than we normally would have, thanks to the specials.