PDA

View Full Version : ImageWorks

BWayGrl
12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I used to love the ImageWorks pavilion above the original Journey Into Imagination ride. I would have my picture taken in the Rainbow Tunnel every single year we went, and I loved those pin screens.

I heard one rumor that you can still access this upstairs area in the Imagination pavilion if you take one of the guided tours of Epcot.

I also heard a rumor that the finale of the Kim Possible Adventure takes you to the old ImageWorks on the upper level of the Imagination pavilion!

Is any of this true?

Strmchsr
12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
The upper area is in total disarray right now. Some of the old stuff (like the Rainbow Tunnel) is still up, but it's definitely not guest-ready, nor an area they would let guests see, even on a backstage tour. The rumors of the Imageworks being re-done have been around for years, but there's nothing that seems to be legitimate. If/when Imagination gets a new corporate sponsor I think the idea of a total reworking of the building (including the ride) will be back on the table. WDI wants to bring Dreamfinder back, but all of those type plans have been shelved until a sponsor is in place and there's no telling when that might happen.

BWayGrl
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
The upper area is in total disarray right now. Some of the old stuff (like the Rainbow Tunnel) is still up, but it's definitely not guest-ready, nor an area they would let guests see, even on a backstage tour. The rumors of the Imageworks being re-done have been around for years, but there's nothing that seems to be legitimate. If/when Imagination gets a new corporate sponsor I think the idea of a total reworking of the building (including the ride) will be back on the table. WDI wants to bring Dreamfinder back, but all of those type plans have been shelved until a sponsor is in place and there's no telling when that might happen.

Well that is some interesting information. Thank you so much! It's a shame that the upstairs area has just been sitting there unused. I hope they do something with it.

I like the sound of the Dreamfinder returning. I miss the original ride so much!

crltkcagle
12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I hope they are able to find a sponsor soon. My kids never got to see all that cool stuff from way back when. I would love for them to experience it.