PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Disney Vacation That Just May Happen

EyeLuvDisney
12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
We are 12 days out from our Dream Disney Vacation that has been rescheduled too many times to mention. We are so excited because of all the excitement for me surrounding it. I LOVE surprises and this upcoming trip is a surprise for our children.

DD is 14 and DS is 11, and as they get older we are finding that we don’t have as much time with them at home before they go out and conquer the world as adults. So, now is the time to continue to make memories that will last and to make them whatever the cost.

We are going to Orlando for a cheerleading competition for our DD. She cheers with an organization called IMPACT Cheerleading and we love it. Her competition is on the New Years Day. What we have told both kids is that we are staying in Orlando for one extra day and going to Universal on January 2nd and that we have to check out of the hotel and stay at my grandmother’s house.

In reality, once we check out of the hotel, we are heading straight to Disney World and going to drive right onto the property. I can’t wait to see how long it takes them to figure it all out. I am hoping and praying that we arrive at the big entrance gate before they are aware.

As the title of the post suggests, we have had quite the challenge getting to this point.

It all started in September of 2009 when we found out my wife was going to need a second rotator cuff surgery on her shoulder. So, we rescheduled that vacation for later in the year hoping to take our first trip to Disney at Christmas time. After making all of the changes and booking at Christmas, we thought we were all set.

Oh the plans of man. Just before that trip she was going to need an emergency surgery for another issue. Just before that emergency surgery she found out that she was being laid off at the end of the month. So, within 30 days she had the emergency surgery, was laid off, and then had the second rotator cuff surgery. That was an awful month.

Sadly the hits kept coming. My wife found out she was going to need a third surgery on her shoulder, which she did have in September and is still recovering from. Almost two months after her surgery I came down with pneumonia and have been slow to recover. I am seeing a pulmonary doctor and they believe I may have another problem that complicated the pneumonia.

So, assuming all goes well we will be at our home away from home in 12 days!

lynnek
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
So excited for you!! Thoughts and prayers that everything goes well.

vizsla
12-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

DisneyorBust
12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote: "As the title of the post suggests, we have had quite the challenge getting to this point."

Challenges indeed! You and your family have been thru enough, now hopefully, your luck will change and you both will have a happy (family vacation in WDW) and healthy New Year!
Best of Luck!

divinedi
12-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Lots of :pixie: that all goes well and you have a great trip!!!

faline
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
What a tough year! Sounds like you really need some fun so I hope all goes well!

Not2Loud
12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
My family will be at the IMPACT Cheerleading as well!!