PDA

View Full Version : There are still good people left in the World

Disney Hungarian
12-19-2010, 08:49 PM
On Friday I was with my mom at Epcot. After spending a week in the cold. I decided to get on the phone and add a day to our stay. I wanted to be warm, just one day!

We ended up in Epcot. We were in line for the CP and mom just said, "I have to go." Well, she doesn't get much warning these days and I jumped out of line and pushed her straight towards the restrooms at American Adventure.

There was a long line. Mom was telling me that she couldn't wait. The lady behind us was listening to me explain how I couldn't make the women let her go first. The nice woman helped mom up out of the wheelchair and proceeded to move through the line asking if anyone objected to mom going ahead of them. She got mom to the front of the line and the first available stall. She then came out and told me that mom made it and didn't have an "accident." The nice person was now back at then end of the line waiting. I asked if she could move back to her place in line after explaining what she had done and no one had any objections.

Then we get back to CP and there was no way to get back in line. I took mom to the crowd of people standing outside of the CP on the walkway. They moved aside to let her see. The woman that moved over for her was 5 feet tall and now standing behind people she could not see around. I felt so bad for her. She was nice enough to give up her spot for mom. I talked to the people around me and got it sorted for her to take my place behind mom. She had a fantastic view. When the crowd started to sing Silent Night with the choir, I got all choked up and was thankful that I was out away from everyone. It was a fantastic show. And a blessing to behold the kindness of people and the story of Christ.

I will never forget the kindness shown by strangers and the message of the show.

TigChatt
12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I love hearing stories like this, cause not many people will go out of their way for others. Your story is a sweet one, and had me crying. It just goes to show you. Even when you think you are doing something so simple for someone else, it means the world to a person.

jmj18
12-19-2010, 10:12 PM
What a WONDERFUL story! So nice to hear!

:mickey:

Melanie
12-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Great story!!!! So glad it all worked out. And Friday was sure a beautiful day! Look forward to hearing more about your trip. :mickey:

crazypoohbear
12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
So happy to hear there are still kind people in the world. A true Christmas miracle!

forever a child
12-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. How wonderful to be reminded of the love of Christ in such small but powerful ways! Merry Christmas!:cloud9:

Ian
12-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I have to say that, after holiday trip last week, I do still believe in "peace on Earth, good will towards men."

Everyone in Disney, despite the cold and the crowds, was just really great ... lots of "Merry Christmas!" and "Excuse me" and door holding and "Oh no after you!" ... It was really great.

Great story ... Very special and I'm sure a memory you'll cherish for years to come.

EpcotFan182
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Thank you for sharing this story, glad to know there are still good people in the world. :mickey:
Have a blessed Christmas!

ElenitaB
12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

Now, where are those tissues?

faline
12-24-2010, 03:32 PM
What lovely people! :thumbsup: